Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

red video - please help!

Page: 1 of 1
 klwheat2
05-10-2005, 11:31 AM
So, I've beaten KOTOR once as light-side. Now I'm playing for a second time, dark-side this time. Everything has worked perfectly (same machine) until now. I'm just about to get off Taris, and I started the game the other day and everything is red! By this, I mean that every single pixel is some shade of red.
When starting the game, all of the start-up screens/pics show normally until you get to the main menu. This makes the game unplayable as it is impossible to discern any details or differentiate between the surroundings and your hit/force bars (I know, I don't have a force bar yet).
PC is as follows (I'm at work, so I can't use the dxdiag, but it more than meets all the specs...and I've already beaten it once on this machine!)
AMD64 processor
1GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 vid. card with newest drivers/catalyst as of 5/2/05.
KOTOR version 1.03 (newest update)

Everything else on the machine works fine, except this game! ! !
 Colma Adawin
05-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Since you played KotOR 1 in LS, have you installed any mods?

( Put any files or taken any file from the Override folder in your SWKotOR Directory )

Cuz i did this once and i got the same thing, well, it wasnt red, it was white, but it seems like the same thing.

MattCole
 stingerhs
05-10-2005, 12:59 PM
well, thats odd. can you upload a screenshot for clarification???

if you don't know how to take screenshots, go into your swkotor.ini file and find "EnableScreenShot=0" under the [Game Options]. just change it to "EnableScreenShot=1", and you can then take screenshots by pressing F11 in-game. they'll be saved to your swkotor directory in targa format.
 klwheat2
05-10-2005, 2:57 PM
No mods to the game - I've thought about adding some of the mods for the robes...but never quite got around to it.
I even tried uninstalling the game completely and starting over from scratch with a fresh install. Same damn thing!
I'm not sure how to attach a file for upload on here, but if someone wants to let me know, I'll try when I get home from work.
Thanks so much guys!
 stingerhs
05-10-2005, 3:05 PM
well, only mods and admins are allowed to attach files to the forums. so, i'd just use www.imageshack.us) to upload a screenshot. ;)
 klwheat2
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Well, I went home yesterday and loaded up the game to print a screenshot. I had changed the file as instructed to allow the printscreen button to work, and started up as usual.
And I'll be damned if it didn't load up just fine! Played for another hour and a half.
I tried rebooting the system, and restarting the game more than a dozen times without success...then I find some help on here...and it's fine.
Oh well, guess I can't complain...it works! Now, back to the massacre!
Thanks
 stingerhs
05-12-2005, 2:07 PM
^^^^
i take it somebody's doing a bit of walking on the darkside. :dev7:

anyways, if you have any more problems with the game, don't be afraid to ask. :)
Page: 1 of 1