Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer Game - unwritten Rules

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord-Protector
05-07-2005, 9:30 AM
Hi,

I'm an Academy-Noob and after trying to play in Internet some gamers calles me "Lamer", "Noob" ......

Now I'd like to know the 'unwritten rules' of a multiplayergame.... where shall I pay attention, what should I do etc.

Pls help me
 Crow_Nest
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Unwritten rules?

1. No laming other players unless its allowed in the server.

2. No cheating/hacking

3. No swear languages, unless the rules say you can.

4. No spamming of 2-handed level 3 lightning.

5. No interfering with other players' duels
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-07-2005, 11:47 AM
You have run into the thing that killed this game and Jedi Outcast: very stupid, made-up, added-on "unwritten rules".

Don't be brainwashed. Avoid servers with those stupid rules (unfortunately, almost all "FFA" servers follow them). Stick with Siege, CTF, TFFA, and Duel servers. Download MovieBattles II mod http://www.moviebattles.com) and play that. There are also a couple of ForceMod III FFA servers http://fm.mt-wudan.com/) that don't follow those rules.
 Crow_Nest
05-08-2005, 3:58 AM
Yeah, the rules are all crap. It started back in JK online and now it has spread to JKII, now JA. Anyway, but i usually try to follow the rules of the server, breaking them is the best way to make a fool of yourself.
 Druid Allanon
05-10-2005, 5:17 AM
Originally posted by Lord-Protector
Hi,

I'm an Academy-Noob and after trying to play in Internet some gamers calles me "Lamer", "Noob" ......

Now I'd like to know the 'unwritten rules' of a multiplayergame.... where shall I pay attention, what should I do etc.

Pls help me

Move on to other better games, man. Sorry for wasting your money. This game is mainly a noob fest now, unfortunately. =(
 Lord-Protector
05-12-2005, 1:26 AM
Nice statement guys.

I will follow your rules and turn to the "dark side of Force" ^^

The Force is with ME *g*
Page: 1 of 1