Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gamepad on PC

Page: 1 of 1
 ironchefmike
05-02-2005, 5:28 PM
I purchased the PC version of Psychonauts and just received an XBox controller adapter in the mail. The PC manual doesn't have much on gamepad controls. With a little experimentation, I figured out most everything, but one frustrating thing is hitting the right trigger to get a first-person view from Raz. I can't look around - as soon as I touch the left stick, it switches back to third-person and moves Raz around. Haven't found any sort of control that lets me just look around the environment in first-person view.

Is anyone else able to do this, or do you just go to your mouse and look around that way?

Thanks,
Mike
 MrManager
05-02-2005, 5:53 PM
I have no idea how that adapter works, but on the Xbox version you use the right thumb stick to look around. That might solve it.
 Udvarnoky
05-02-2005, 6:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't look around in first-person view.
 MrManager
05-02-2005, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by Udvarnoky
I'm pretty sure you can't look around in first-person view.

You can.
 dzobel
05-02-2005, 6:19 PM
I'm using a Playstation2 controller with a USB converter and I can look around using 1st person view just fine. But like someone else said, I use the right thumbstick. The left thumbstick causes you to move, which takes you out of 1st person view.
 ironchefmike
05-02-2005, 6:31 PM
Thanks everyone.

Turns out that my right thumbstick is just totally not being acknowledged by the game. Not sure why (every button and stick and pad checks out when I calibrate the device in my control panel).

I'll just have to use my mouse for the time being.

BTW, my converter is from Titanium. Not sure if it's an issue with the adapter, but I doubt it seeing as calibration works fine.

Mike
 dzobel
05-02-2005, 6:40 PM
I assume you tried to reassign the first person camera settings in the controller options? In order to use my PS2 controller I had to fix several of the default button bindings. For example, the directional keypad didn't work at all, so I couldn't get an inventory. But once I fixed the bindings I was fine. They have bindings for the camera I believe, you can try and just set those to whatever you want (possibly even the left thumbstick, but no guarantees). Of cource, if you already tried that....
 ironchefmike
05-02-2005, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by dzobel
I assume you tried to reassign the first person camera settings in the controller options? In order to use my PS2 controller I had to fix several of the default button bindings. For example, the directional keypad didn't work at all, so I couldn't get an inventory. But once I fixed the bindings I was fine. They have bindings for the camera I believe, you can try and just set those to whatever you want (possibly even the left thumbstick, but no guarantees). Of cource, if you already tried that....

YES!!! That was IT!!!

Thanks, you ROCK!

Mike
Page: 1 of 1