Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jetpack NPC

Page: 1 of 1
 acewombat
05-02-2005, 3:08 AM
I am trying to add an Npc with the Jetpack that boba fett has. Everything is working good except when I get him in the map -he won't die I have tried altering his health in radiant and by using that NPC tool. The only way I can get the jetpack to work is to set his class as bobafett but he seems to have invincible health. I wanted to set it to like 100-200 health but I have missled and missled the guy-he won't die. How can I change his health and fix this. surely there is a way. It say 400 in the .npc file I changed it to 100 and 50- no luck. can anyone help please???
 MDN14
05-02-2005, 9:46 AM
it is probably coded into the game that boba fett cant die. Maybe you could use a script that activates after he has taken a certain ammount of damage and it makes him fly away out of the map. I dont know if you could activate a script like that though. I dont know scripts very well.
 wedge2211
05-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I recently had to resolve this in my SP maps...CLASS_BOBAFETT doesn't die. Ever. There are two things you can do:

- Keep CLASS_BOBAFETT, but have your NPC run a spawnscript that sets SET_UNDYING to false. Jetpack will work, he'll die when you shoot him, but he'll be hardcoded to use Boba Fett's weapons (blaster by default, flamethrower at close range, rockets, etc).

- Switch the NPC's class to CLASS_ROCKETTROOPER. The jetpack effect will be blue instead of yellow, but you'll gain the ability to specify what weapons he uses.
 acewombat
05-02-2005, 2:17 PM
Whne you say run a spawn script - Set_Undying to False - can that be done witha simple key and value in the entity properties or is that something I have to use the behavior editor to do. Thanks so much!
 wedge2211
05-02-2005, 6:51 PM
You have to use a script. This will do it:

//Generated by BehavEd

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_UNDYING", "false" );

Then specify the compiled script filename as the value of your entity's "spawnscript" key.
 acewombat
05-03-2005, 6:30 AM
Thanks again. I got the rockettrooper method to work but I can't seem to get the other way to work I like the rockettrooper but I really like the Boba Jetpack better (because of his thrust and he lands sometimes) and I can't seem to get it right. I copy & pasted the code you gave me into the behav editor

I compiled and then pythonize-whatever that is ( I haven't used this thing before-although I wanna learn) I named the file mando -and in the radiant editor I selected my entity and gave it spawnscript with the value mando then compiled it. I put the files in base/scripts but he is still invincible(also I noticed it created a mando py file in the script folder. if that needs to be somewhere in particular)

When I open the file this is what I get in the text editor

//Generated by BehavEd

I think I may not have the behavior preferences correct if that could be it. I found a tut that shows you how to set it up but it wa a bit confusing

I have it set up like this
script path
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\scripts\cin
(I tried this "cin" folder as a suggestion in the tutorial-I later moved them from scripts folder to cin folder to retry it. Still-he lives (lol) his health can change but he just won't die.

source safe script path
$/base/scripts

sourcesafe INI file location
\\Ravenend\StarWars\central_assets\srcsafe.ini

location of Iblze
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\IBIze.exe

command description file
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\BehavEd.bhc

source files
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\gamesource

sourcesafe INI file location
sourcesafe script path
-these two were the only paths I didn't change -is this where I could have went wrong? I also noticed that when I select status is says that sourcesafe isn't configured properly if at all???

I am sure I am doing something wrong somewhere (I always do)
Thanks for all your help.
 wedge2211
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Your script is fine. Looks like you just have to sort out some subtle problem invlving path names or something. Wait for lassev to come along and sort it out, he knows WAY more about scripting than anyone else.
Page: 1 of 1