Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This must stop!

Page: 1 of 1
 Vladimir-Vlada
05-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I have seen that on this Forum that a lot of people have started religious and political subjects, topic or non-topic based. And all tohse who started posting on those insulted each other just because of different opinions. So I am sugesting to the entire Forum, the Moderator team, and the Administrator:

All subjects that are religious or political based, should be closed, and all those who start provoking anyone about those thing others, should be banned!

We (atheists) will try to control ourselves, and not insult anyone. Politics should be completely forgotten on this Forum. And those who support religion or want to disscus it should control themselves too.

I expect a reply from all Forum members, the Moderator team, and the Administrator.
 tk102
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Vladimir-Vlada,

Rest assured that the moderator team will do their part in keeping the forums running smoothly and conversations friendly.

You too can do your part by not placing demands on others and trying to lighten the mood of your posts.

I expect a reply from all Forum members, the Moderator team, and the Administrator.

This is what I mean.
 lukeiamyourdad
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
This is dumb. It's a question of of a few individuals who actually start acting aggressive.

You can't handle a debate, don't debate, but don't ask that nobody debates.
 Darth333
05-01-2005, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
All subjects that are religious or political based, should be closed, and all those who start provoking anyone about those thing others, should be banned! There is no reason to close those threads/ban people as long as the discussions remain civilized, tolerant and respectful: we already have forum rules. It's all about attitude.

...and for the rest, what tk102 said.
 stingerhs
05-01-2005, 3:38 PM
^^^^
agreed. and although i realize that i may have been the cause (and chief debator in some cases) of a couple of religious debates, i will not outright insult or flame anyone for their beliefs.

if this thread itself is in any way shape or form directed towards myself, then please choose to do your confrontation using the pm system. as far as i know, i haven't insulted or flamed anyone concerning religion. and i will do my absolute best to make sure that i don't do so in the future. :)
 The Hidden One
05-01-2005, 6:02 PM
Me to.
But I will defend my position on such things!:D
 Sabretooth
05-02-2005, 7:50 AM
You saidit yourself, Vladimir. The thread-makers make the threads with good hopes, but it is mostly the posters who corrupt the meaning. Try the Religion thread in the Star Wars Cantina. It was just a thread to reveal which faith you admire and are a part of. It eventually became a battle of whose religion is better and wether atheists are better than religion-people. As long as discussion remains civil, the forums will not need any banning or locking.
 lukeiamyourdad
05-02-2005, 6:52 PM
That's probably because the people there were a bunch of narrow-minded intolerant freaks. They shame all they represent.

It takes only one to ignite a fire.
 Aristotйlēsticus
05-03-2005, 2:33 PM
the problem is not with the threads related to religions or politics, it's with some of the members who arent open minded to others opinions, thus this threads must not banned but i think that the ones who corrupted the open-minded dialog should be banned, so from now on all these people must not post in this threads and if some one did and make it a mess, there should be no warnings, only banings from the begining.

PS: whn i say members i dont mean someone spesific.

(sorry for miss spelling)
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-04-2005, 10:10 PM
When did this thread reopen? :confused: As far as I remember, I was over-reacting completely when I was posting this and it got closed (with a good reason). Plus, this was before I was banned???

I think that this thread should be deleted... But I can't do it because there are more than 2 posts. I am sorry, but I really wish for this thing to be deleted; it's insultive, dishonorable and I am ashamed of it. Can someone do this favor for me and PM me when it's done, please?
 stingerhs
11-04-2005, 10:44 PM
how about just leaving the past in the past and move on with life??

but believe me, if it wasn't locked before, well, you know what that means.... :lock:
Page: 1 of 1