Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bug Fix: Secret compartment on Ebon Hawk

Page: 1 of 1
 tk102
04-28-2005, 1:50 AM
Cross reference Obsidian forum: here (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=33731&st=0&p=340039&#entry340039)
On Nar Shadaa, Ratrin has a conversation with you
and claims that the Ebon Hawk is his. If ask him to describe it, he mentions a secret compartment. This is supposed to spawn a secret compartment on the Ebon Hawk in the far corner of Visas' room. However the original script does work

due to something like this never evaluating TRUEif (GetFirstPC()==GetEnteringObject()) {

Fixed .ncs attached.

Edit tk102: Reuploaded bug fix, v1.1, this time without the GetLoadFromSaveGame() condition.
 Emperor Devon
04-28-2005, 1:52 AM
I've never had this problem before, but the mod looks handy to have.

By the way, what happened to the secret compartment for KOTOR 1? Ratrin says there's one in the cargo hold.
 T7nowhere
04-28-2005, 2:39 AM
I was wondering why I couldn't find the compartment in my last game(which was the first time I found out about that).

Thanks man.
 Achilles
04-28-2005, 2:44 AM
I'm so glad you finally decided to play :D. I can tell what planet you're on based on which bugs are fixed.

Not to take away from the contributions of others though. It's nice to see all the patched files that people have been releasing.
 Colma Adawin
04-28-2005, 3:16 AM
Well, to be honest, i havent been to Nar Shardaa, so i never knew about the conversation, i've been waiting for mods, fixes and patches, so when i play, i'll have the full excitement of the game.

Thanx for the attachment TK!!

MattCole
 ChAiNz.2da
04-28-2005, 6:00 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
I'm so glad you finally decided to play :D. I can tell what planet you're on based on which bugs are fixed.

Not to take away from the contributions of others though. It's nice to see all the patched files that people have been releasing.
Took the words right out of my mouth ;)

This happened to me on my second playthrough and me and my brilliant-ness didn't have a savegame even remotely close :rolleyes: I had to replay it over in order for the compartment to spawn.. thanks tk! :thumbsup:
 stoffe
04-28-2005, 7:04 AM
Originally posted by tk102
However the original script does work due to something like this never evaluating TRUEif (GetFirstPC()==GetEnteringObject()) {

Fixed .ncs attached.

Yes, using GetFirstPC() in an OnModuleLoad script would be fairly unreliable since the player isn't guaranteed to have been spawned in the area yet when that script is running, and GetFirstPC() will not return a valid object if that's the case.

Another potential problem is that the value for GetEnteringObject() isn't set specifically for the OnModuleLoad event. If the player recently has been the last entering object triggering another event that sets that the value returned from the function it could remain from that event, but otherwise it would likely return an invalid object. (At least that's my guess why the container spawns sometimes. Out of 3 games with an "unfixed" script, the secret container was spawned in the first and last of them but never showed up in the second.)

Not to be annoying, but if I may, a tiny bugfix for the bugfix. :) You changed the script to only run if the first conditional (GetLoadFromSaveGame) returns TRUE, while the original script only runs if it's false. With your fix the container would theoretically only spawn whenever you reload a savegame on board the Ebon Hawk. :)
 tk102
04-28-2005, 9:54 AM
:doh:
That's not tiny. :) I had tested it with 2 savegames, one where I was on the EH, and one where I was not. On the latter, I did notice the game did a "Saving" followed by "Loading" when I entered the EH. The placeable spawned correctly.

Nonetheless, I think that is a useless condition anyway and will remove and reattach the fixed fix.

Thanks for the info/theories on the GetEnteringObject and GetFirstPC and for checking the byte code! :)
 Darth333
04-28-2005, 9:57 AM
lol once you finish playing hte game you'll have to make a compilation of the fixes you made :p
 Emperor Devon
04-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
This happened to me on my second playthrough and me and my brilliant-ness didn't have a savegame even remotely close :rolleyes: I

"Brilliantness" isn't a word. :p
 ChAiNz.2da
04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
"Brilliantness" isn't a word. :p

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brilliantness)

google is your friend ;)
 Darkkender
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=brilliantness)

google is your friend ;)

yeah we can tell who has google setup as a part of his browser now don't we.;)

By the Way TK I'm with our Mistress of Pain above I mean our Lady Darth333 I will eagerly await TK's Patch 1.0c.:nutz1:
 Lorden Darkblade
04-28-2005, 12:26 PM
:D
I had that in all my games so far.
It got fixed when I re-loaded tho, but this will fix it ;)
Thanks tk :thumbsup:
 Shimaon
04-28-2005, 2:38 PM
Aha!
I've never been able to find it, many thanks TK!
 Keiko
04-28-2005, 7:27 PM
Thanks Tk!:D
 RedHawke
04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Nice bug fix tk! :) I always wondered about that guy... :roleyess:
Originally posted by Darth333
lol once you finish playing the game you'll have to make a compilation of the fixes you made :p
I agree! :D
 Bob Lion54
04-29-2005, 7:14 AM
Thanks tk102. Im not at a point at my current game to utilize this, but when I get there, I will be very happy.

Nice mod.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-29-2005, 7:22 AM
Originally posted by tk102
:doh:
That's not tiny. :) I had tested it with 2 savegames, one where I was on the EH, and one where I was not. On the latter, I did notice the game did a "Saving" followed by "Loading" when I entered the EH. The placeable spawned correctly.

Nonetheless, I think that is a useless condition anyway and will remove and reattach the fixed fix.

Thanks for the info/theories on the GetEnteringObject and GetFirstPC and for checking the byte code! :)
Hey tk, just wondering... I downloaded the 1.1 fix, but the filename (.zip) doesn't have a 1.1 extension to it.. Is it still the fixed version with the old archive filename or is the link still pointing to the original old version?

Just wanting to make sure :)
 Prime
04-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Very nice. :)
 tk102
04-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Chainz, you might want to clear your browser's cache and try again.

The timestamp of the v1.1 .ncs file should be April 28, 2005 whereas v1.0 was April 27, 2005
 Darth Aleera
05-01-2005, 5:28 AM
I find the secret compartment a time only, when I spoke with Ratrin before I reached the DS points amount that makes Visas spawn, and the compartment was correctly visible. Every time Visas cutscene happened before I spoke to Ratrin, the secret compartment wasn't visible. I'm glad to see that another bug (one of the many), has been corrected. Tanks tk!
 Jennaida
05-05-2005, 4:54 AM
Glad to hear that a real fix for this is being done. The only times I'd ever seen the compartment work right were when the game bugged up because with NS as planet 1, Visas intro and the Red Eclipse pirates tried to spawn on top of one another. And for that, you were trapped on the Hawk and couldn't get off.
Page: 1 of 1