Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts Strategy Guide

Page: 1 of 1
 Wsmonkeyboy
04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Sups, been reading forums for a while and finally decided to register.. hehe. Anyways, anyone planning on getting the strategy guide? Ebgames seems to have it on stock at the moment... I've been reading the threads and it seems like its going to be real frustrating to find some items in the game. Wondering if the strategy guide is worth it? I haven't received the game yet, so im not really sure. :confused:
 KnifeFace
04-26-2005, 9:03 AM
Welcome to the forums Wsmonkeyboy :)

Collecting items is a part of the replay value of the game. If you buy a walkthrough, you can finish the game in 1 day, where is the fun in that?
 Wsmonkeyboy
04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah that's true. The game is probably better when going through the frustration then flying through every level at ease. It would also be a longer game experience when trying to find all the items which is always a good thing with a great game.:)
 pond_scumm
04-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Try saying that when you have one figment left to find before you complete level 100...

That being said, if anyone has the walkthrough and it includes figment locations, i'm still looking for 64 Waterloo here :(
 Udvarnoky
04-26-2005, 4:07 PM
I'd ordered the strategy guide because Schafer promised concept art. Of course, the bastard also promised no less than two explosions on the cover at, so maybe I'm setting myself up for a fall by trusting him again.
 Wsmonkeyboy
04-26-2005, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by pond_scumm
Try saying that when you have one figment left to find before you complete level 100...

That being said, if anyone has the walkthrough and it includes figment locations, i'm still looking for 64 Waterloo here :(

Yeah, thats what im afraid of, looking around forever for that one certain item that you can't seem to find. I know im going to experience it, so im still having second thoughts.
 pond_scumm
04-26-2005, 6:06 PM
Its not too bad. Took me about 19 hours to find everything. Granted a lot of that time was spent looking for just a couple figments but there are going to be more and more people on this forum that can help once more people start beating it
 itchythesamurai
04-26-2005, 6:19 PM
Does anything special happen when you reach level 100? Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
 pond_scumm
04-26-2005, 7:40 PM
at level 100...

You get an extra cutscene, nothing essential to the plot, just fun
Page: 1 of 1