Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast BIG TIME QUESTION about the game!

Page: 1 of 1
 OzzyDreamer
04-25-2005, 4:29 AM
I have a problem with this game. I hope I'm not going to offend anyone, but I downloaded the demo and was able to start off in a decent area as a Jedi, with a light sabre and the jedi powers (to start...not all powers)....yet, when I bought the full version, it's NOTHING like the demo......I see NO where that I can start off as a Jedi or even what I want to start off as. I was even able to fight a sith in the demo.......but in the full version...nada.

That's the problem with Star Wars games....I've been waiting for one where I could do first person shooter as a jedi having fun with the light sabre. I just can't help but feeling let down.

Is there any advice I can get? Maybe there's a different game I should be looking at?

OzzyDreamer
 Daley
04-25-2005, 2:40 PM
It's part of the story, play for a bit (not even that long) and you will really start the game. The part where you aren't a jedi is kind of like a long intro to the main story and main game.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
04-25-2005, 3:35 PM
If on the other hand, you want to start slashing right away then maybe Jedi Academy is the game for you.

But seriously, it's not that long till you get your saber.
Besides, you could always put the cheats in at the start to get a saber if you've really got no patience, but it will mullah the storyline somewhat...

:) B.
 TheMadDoofer
04-25-2005, 6:51 PM
Be patient - it gets better: once you obtain the saber and several force powers, the game gets much better, though the beginning really isnt that bad.
 Neverhoodian
04-25-2005, 7:58 PM
The beginning levels of JO pay homage to its shooter roots. After all, the first game in the series (Dark Forces) was all guns, with no Force powers or lightsabers to be found.

Have no fear, you'll soon get the chance to wield a lightsaber, slicing through legions of stormtroopers and going toe-to-toe with hardened Sith warriors. You may still find yourself using guns more than your saber in the early stages, but that's because Kyle has to hone his Force skills, which become more effective over time. By the time you get to the end of the game, you'll be one powerful, bad@$$ Jedi master, rivaling Luke Skywalker himself.
 OzzyDreamer
04-25-2005, 8:57 PM
Thanks so much guyz! I was beginning to think there wasn't a Star Wars game to my fashion. I know.....the starting of Star Wars movies was without any powers, with the exception of Vader.....but I just can't help wanting to play at that Jedi level. Now that I know it's not just going to be an ending of the game type thing.....my interest in the game is back. Thanks again guyz! Oh, I'm going to check out the other Star Wars game suggested as well. :)

OzzyDreamer
Page: 1 of 1