Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The "I have my copy of Psychonauts" Thread ¬ ¬

Page: 1 of 2
 Jake
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
This thread exists for no reason.

Except, woohoo I got a copy of Psychonauts!
 Thrik
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
 Udvarnoky
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Ebgames can really eat me right now. What's the deal with the PC version suddenly not existing?
 MrManager
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
The Remster got it. And the t-shirt too.
 KnifeFace
04-21-2005, 2:38 AM
KnifeFace demands an ingame screenshot as proof! :P
 Ray Jones
04-21-2005, 6:33 AM
Whooo!! Right now, I am downloading it!! ..

OK, of course I am not.

I will tell you what I will do. Being totally oldschool, I will go to the shop, go to the shelf, grab it with my hands and .. buy it with real cash, like I did with Schдfer-games(TM) since The Secret Monkey Island.

The problem I currently face is to find a store which sells the uncut original version, because I like to play it with all the blood enabled and the extreme violent content.

The other problem is to get the money for buying it, so wether I have to find some old ladies to sell my young muscleless body to or I have to sell my shoes. Either way will serve Tim I think, and fill him with joy if he'd only knew about it, however, he will have food because of my money.
 amishler
04-21-2005, 5:12 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~amishler/images/Psychonauts.jpg)

I played about 30 minutes last night, and am planning to get at least another hour or two into it tonight. So far, so good awesome.
 JofaGuht
04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I've got mine. Now for the exclamatory noises:

WOOOOOHOOOTBLARGYINYEAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!

The shirt doesn't fit me thought. That's okay because:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO
 Thrik
04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Wait, what? What format did you get it for?
 netmonkey
04-22-2005, 12:26 AM
It turns out that my copy of psychonauts came in the mail today:
http://images.cellosoft.com/netmonkey/temp/psychonauts.png)

Manny Calavera push-bottom toy added for extra jelaousy. ;)

Best... Tim... Schafer... Game... Ever.
 Ray Jones
04-22-2005, 7:44 AM
OK, I went to the stores near me, with near I mean I live in Berlin and there are like TONZ of'em, I even pushed old people away to get faster to the "NEW GAMES"-Shelfes, and you know what? Half Life 2 is still new! Even GTA VC and DOOM3 uncut are still new. Every damn dusty game with mold on it is STILL NEW!!!
The worst is: Psychonauts is not even existant. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
 The Tingler
04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Any non-Americans got the game yet?
 Alien426
04-22-2005, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by RayJones
OK, I went to the stores near me, with near I mean I live in Berlin and there are like TONZ of'em, I even pushed old people away to get faster to the "NEW GAMES"-Shelfes, and you know what? Half Life 2 is still new! Even GTA VC and DOOM3 uncut are still new. Every damn dusty game with mold on it is STILL NEW!!!
The worst is: Psychonauts is not even existant. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Dude, it will be several months before any European store will sell a Psychonauts game that was not imported from the States. Months. Several.
 JofaGuht
04-22-2005, 8:53 PM
Originally posted by Thrik
Wait, what? What format did you get it for?

Xbox. I've been playing it for quite a while. I knew the story and characters and scenery and whatnot would rock, but I'm suprised by how fun and non-repetitive the gameplay is. The actions to get through each level do not resemble each other one bit.

.............all of a sudden I realize how much of a dick I am to brag about how cool the game is. I shall restrain. Although, it's semi-justified I guess since I was excited for the game when it was announced in 2002, and I know this forum is crowded with people who "just got into it a few months ago". I still feel like a dick though.
 Ray Jones
04-23-2005, 2:28 AM
Originally posted by Alien426
Dude, it will be several months before any European store will sell a Psychonauts game that was not imported from the States. Months. Several.
Yes. That is the ultimate chance to put my fingers on an imported copy.

Anyone got the PC version yet?
 Erwin_Br
04-23-2005, 7:03 AM
I ordered a PC copy at GameStop and they mailed me yesterday that shipping will be delayed to april 25. :mad:

--Erwin
 MrManager
04-23-2005, 11:31 AM
That's strange. I stopped by GameStop last night, and they had the PC version there.
 The Tingler
04-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Can you send me it?
 remixor
04-24-2005, 7:33 PM
I got it yesterday and started playing and when I stopped my save file said I'd been playing for over 8 hours. It's really really really good.
 Vishruth
04-25-2005, 4:30 AM
I hate you all... especially the one who's eating Manny Calavera. Yeah.

:D
 itchythesamurai
04-25-2005, 7:30 AM
Got mine. Beat it. Wore my shirt, got called gay twice for wearing tie-dye. It was worth it though.
 Alia
04-27-2005, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by itchythesamurai
Got mine. Beat it.

Four words? Are you some sort of android?!

Anyway! I got my copy yesterday! After a brief session of gleeful hyperventilation, I played it all night while wearing nothing but the accompanying t-shirt!

I did take my mind off of it for a moment to wish that I was big enough to wear said shirt in public as a shirt and not a dress. And today, I vowed not to touch a console until I finished a couple of serious projects with looming deadlines. I'm wilting, but I've never felt so motivated.

...! I own Psychonauts!
 VSTM
04-27-2005, 1:53 AM
Originally posted by Alia
Four words? Are you some sort of android?!

Anyway! I got my copy yesterday! After a brief session of gleeful hyperventilation, I played it all night, while wearing nothing but the accompanying t-shirt!

I did take my mind off of it for a moment to wish that I was big enough to wear said shirt in public as a shirt and not a dress. And today, I vowed not to touch a console until I finished a couple of serious projects with looming deadlines. I'm wilting, but I've never felt so motivated.

...! I own Psychonauts!

Oh man, that shirt would make a great nighty on a hot girlfriend. I should have preordered from gamestop(might actually have it) instead of ebgames. I don't think she'd dig that though.

Regardless, I really would have liked to have known that they were going to ship the pc version a week late. Kind of ruined the entire week....and the package tracking says this:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 25, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

WTF is that suppposed to mean? Does that mean they shipped it or USPS just knows they're going to ship it at some point. I am so pissed about this.

Ha..well, maybe when I get it I can try to make her wear the cards instead...I definately don't think she'll dig that...don't want to hurt the cards anyway.
 itchythesamurai
04-27-2005, 7:46 AM
Originally posted by VSTM
Oh man, that shirt would make a great nighty on a hot girlfriend.

Wow, you must really like Psychonauts. Yeah, I guess my four words didn't do it justice. It is definitely in the top two range of my favorite games. I'm not sure if I liked it better than Grim Fandango yet.
 jimyiv
04-27-2005, 10:38 PM
I got the game a week ago..... and I beat it. It was by far the best game I have ever played.
 Metallus
04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Yay, it came today. FINALLY. Last time I opt for the cheapest shipping possible.
 mgdpublic
04-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jimyiv
I got the game a week ago..... and I beat it. It was by far the best game I have ever played.

You liked it better than Grim Fandango or are you a big fan of platformers?
 MrManager
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by mgdpublic

I don't know if you can really compare Grim and Psychonauts, at least not on a pure gameplay level.
 VSTM
04-29-2005, 3:11 PM
I used my gamepad to play Grim Fandango. I probably won't with Psychonauts, though...which is probably backwards compared to what most people will do.

But, yes, I agree. I really don't think you can compare the two. Apples and Oranges. I like 'em both.
 mgdpublic
04-29-2005, 3:39 PM
Ok so where's the official "I don't have my copy of Psychonauts thread and am going nauts." thread?

Anyone in NJ find a copy in a store?
 VSTM
04-29-2005, 4:12 PM
Ok so where's the official "I don't have my copy of Psychonauts thread and am going nauts." thread?

Anyone in NJ find a copy in a store?

That would probably be your "Has your eb games order shipped yet?", or something like that, thread.
 jimyiv
04-29-2005, 6:59 PM

Oh, neither of those two. In fact, I've never played Grim Fandango, but it sounds pretty good. I just don't think that our computer has the right capabilities. Oh, and pretty much all of my other games suck, and the other ones just plainly aren't very good compared to this.
 yb125
05-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Well after spending Friday afternoon being told by both EBgames and gmaestop that they didn't have the PC version in the stores (any of them I was told) I read on here that someone saw it at walmart. So I got over there and in the corner on it's side I found a few copies. :) So now here one Monday I'm finished with it and wishing for a sequel.
 Wsmonkeyboy
05-03-2005, 9:48 AM
Im finaaaally getting my copy today. It's a bit late, but... oh well. Looking forward to it :)
 Thrik
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
DEAR GOD. They came round with it today whilst I was at college, so now I have to wait until Thursday for the delivery.

:( :( :(
 VSTM
05-03-2005, 1:59 PM
I think that happened to me once with a ups package, so I just went and picked it up from them myself. Probably not an option, but it might be worth investigating.
 Wsmonkeyboy
05-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I finally got Psychonauts, im installing it now. One problem though, i have two Disc 2's!... I don't have a disc 4, it goes like this disc 1, 2, 3, 2, 5????
 The Tingler
05-09-2005, 3:13 PM
Wow. What a debacle.

After abandoning GameStop when they couldn't decide when they were going to ship it (changed their minds about nine times), I went direct to the source and the brand spangly new Double Fine store.

Unfortunately the store omitted to mention that they were all going on holiday, so they wouldn't ship the PC version until May 9th. Cancelled that.

Scooted off to my old import games haunt at ImportMadness.co.uk, even though I knew their customer service was rubbish. They said they had the PC version in stock, so I ordered.

I waited and I waited, the EBGames and GameStop releases came and went, everyone bragging about how far they got, me avoiding this forum, and STILL Import Madness listed my order's ship date as 'Pending'.

Went full circle back to GameStop. Ordered again. Shipped within a hour, made it to the UK by the end of Friday, and this Monday morning it arrived, slightly later than the normal post. Installed it, configured it, played it, loved it.

I'M PLAYING PSYCHONAUTS AT LAST!
 Alien426
05-10-2005, 1:55 AM
I stuck with GameStop, but don't have the game yet.
 James Isaac
05-10-2005, 2:30 AM
Originally posted by Wsmonkeyboy
I finally got Psychonauts, im installing it now. One problem though, i have two Disc 2's!... I don't have a disc 4, it goes like this disc 1, 2, 3, 2, 5????

http://majescoentertainment.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=5928) - it happened to me too.
 The Tingler
05-10-2005, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by Alien426
I stuck with GameStop, but don't have the game yet.

Have they shipped it yet? What country are you in, UK?

Send then an e-mail asking why it hasn't been shipped. Mine shipped within about a hour of me asking. They might have some problem with accessing your bank account, or your order's just got lost.

I think the Double Fine store should be shipping now. Anyone going with them?
 Alien426
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Nah, Germany. And apart from the order confirmation and some news shtuff, I haven't gotten any mails from GameStop. I'll try e-mailing them.
 zelda_rulez
05-11-2005, 9:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I just ordered this game from Double Fine's store. It's the PC version. I hope everything will go alright with their store. I'm in the Netherlands by the way.

I really liked the demo and I can't wait to play the full game. Hopefully it will be as great as Grim Fandango. :)
 The Tingler
05-11-2005, 10:28 AM
One thing I didn't know until the day before I got the full game:

Did anyone know that the demo of Psychonauts expires after a certain amount of time? A month or so, I think.
 zelda_rulez
05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I heard about that somewhere. Can't recall where though. I think it expires after a month or so maybe on the same date as the full release?
 Lyris
05-11-2005, 1:14 PM
My Xbox copy of Psychonauts arrived with me yesterday :D I'm loving it. Easily one of the best games I've played in a long time.
 The Tingler
05-12-2005, 9:24 AM
Huh? You mean the Xbox version works on PAL Xboxes, or do you have a modded Xbox?

On a very very frustrating and surprising note, my copy of Psychonauts shipped today.

Confused? Me too.

Not from GameStop again, or from Import Madness (which is where I'd guess if someone told me this had happened - they've all but done it before) - but from Double Fine! Yes! Even though they said they'd cancelled the order and refunded the money!

EDIT:
Got this note back.

Hi Chris,

Whoops! We have a new person helping out with the store and it looks like they
made a pretty serious mistake...yikes. When the shipment comes, could you just
refuse delivery? They should return to sender.

Kelli

Thanks!

From the UK?
 Huz
05-12-2005, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by The Tingler
Huh? You mean the Xbox version works on PAL Xboxes, or do you have a modded Xbox?It doesn't work on PAL Xboxes... unless I'm missing something.
 Lyris
05-12-2005, 5:37 PM
No, it's region locked, but I have a very deep hatred of region lockout systems so any piece of equipment I own is modified to get around this. Psychonauts is the perfect example of why I do this.
 zelda_rulez
05-13-2005, 7:38 AM
My order for the pc version has just shipped from the Double Fine store. Hope it arrives here quickly. :D
Page: 1 of 2