Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Record and Playback - WHAT'S THIS?

Page: 1 of 1
 NoDark
04-17-2005, 1:05 PM
Hye,

is anyone out there who knows for what the switches /record and /playback are made for?

Here is what i could figure out:
* You can start a dedicated server with the /record switch. You will get some files named like journal_f_0.dat and values_f_0.dat etc
* These files will grow while you are playing on this server
* You can start the same dedicated server with the /playback switch. On the "Control-Window" you can see the same messages as you have seen before (same message while you was playing the game with the /record switch). So it seems that it do what it promised to do.
*Too bad - if I start the server-process with /playback i can not see the Server in my in-game browser. Sorry, but i don't know how to "connect" to the runnig server-process while the playback-option is in progress.

Has anyone further information about this "feature"? A solution would be valuable appreciated.

Thanxs a lot
NoDark

Have Fun!
 kingguru
04-26-2005, 8:38 PM
This is used in recording play bugs and sending them to dev,who in turn us /playback to find , locate and alter issue, in this case your recorded play will not be sent and this function should be diregarded. There are other options that allow all chat in maps to be sent to logs as well. these are mostly useless on the "end user" level.
 NoDark
04-28-2005, 5:05 PM
:(

@kingguru
Thank you very much for this information!

You got a virtual pot of beer: :cheers:
;)

I have had a dream: Star Wars Battlefront 2 with a Replay-Functon in a X-Wing like fashion (Does anyone remember on the replay function in X-Wing. At that time this was the absolute sledge-hammer!)

cu
:fire3: :blaze6:
on public swbf-servers
Page: 1 of 1