Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Locking Threads?

Page: 1 of 1
 AngryFan
04-14-2005, 6:45 PM
I just recently read that new thread that was calling Lucasarts fans to boycott Lucasarts. It is now locked by the mods.

The mod who locked it stated that it was a repeat thread. I checked out the link the mod posted and turns out he was right.

After reading the older thread, I didn't notice anything inside it that violated the forum rules. Darth Murk (the thread starter) simply asked people to boycott Lucasarts and stated why. How does that violate the rules?

I also remember a thread from a few monthes ago. One user pointed out that kotor2's music was set to cassete level of quality. He requested that people e-mail Lucasarts and ask that it be fixed. The thread was locked by the mods. No forum rules were violated in that thread.

Stuff like this really makes me think that the mods are very intent on stamping out all heresy towards Lucasarts....if you want to call it that. I mean...c'mon people! I hear people all the time saying, "Oh Lucasarts is all powerfull" or, "You have no right to boycott Lucasarts".

So if this thread is locked, or you never hear any more posts from me again...now this. Don't mess with the gesta...I mean, Mods.
 FiEND_138
04-14-2005, 6:50 PM
<---- Has a feeling this will be locked....

If you have a problem with the mods PM them. (has a feeling thats what they'll say anyway)
 AngryFan
04-14-2005, 6:56 PM
I think the only thing they may have on me is being off topic somehow...
 90SK
04-14-2005, 6:57 PM
Besides, Lucasarts could technically shut down Holowan any time they please. It would do well to be nice to them.;)
 Emperor Devon
04-14-2005, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by AngryFan
So if this thread is locked, or you never hear any more posts from me again...

Not to sound rude or anything, but NO ONE CARES. Judging by your screen name, you have only joined this forum to complain and whine. The moderators try to keep the forms clean and spam-less, and having two repeat threads is SPAM. (http://www.spamtownusa.com/spamjam/spam.jpg)

I also remember a thread from a few monthes ago. One user pointed out that kotor2's music was set to cassete level of quality. He requested that people e-mail Lucasarts and ask that it be fixed. The thread was locked by the mods. No forum rules were violated in that thread.

Several were. Two rules are "Don't be stupid." and "Don't spam."
The thread was pointless, since Lucasarts would never do anything about it.

And a final statement: You seem to dislike this forum quite a bit. If this is true, JOIN ANOTHER ONE. Don't spam this one. :mad:

:lock: :lock: :lock: That's what the mods will do to this thread, and with good reason.
 AngryFan
04-14-2005, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
Not to sound rude or anything, but NO ONE CARES. Judging by your screen name, you have only joined this forum to complain and whine. The moderators try to keep the forms clean and spam-less, and having two repeat threads is SPAM. (http://www.spamtownusa.com/spamjam/spam.jpg)

Several were. Two rules are "Don't be stupid." and "Don't spam."
The thread was pointless, since Lucasarts would never do anything about it.

And a final statement: You seem to dislike this forum quite a bit. If this is true, JOIN ANOTHER ONE. Don't spam this one. :mad:

:lock: :lock: :lock: That's what the mods will do to this thread, and with good reason.

Pot calls kettle black...or however that saying goes. For someone who doesn't seem to care, you seem pretty mad. You're also really starting to hurt my feelings by the way...

I'm fully well aware that a forum post will not change Lucasarts to think about something other then its wallet. All I want to know is why threads are getting locked just for speaking out against Lucasarts if that does not violate the rules. How are those threads spam? Why do mods lock threads simply because they disagree with them?

So next time don't make a reply where you whine about me whining...that's spam and it is pointless.
 Emperor Devon
04-14-2005, 7:21 PM
Pot calls kettle black...or however that saying goes. For someone who doesn't seem to care, you seem pretty mad.

If you read my posy, I meant no one would care if stop posting.

You're also really starting to hurt my feelings by the way...

:dozey: Are you being sarcastic?

I'm fully well aware that a forum post will not change Lucasarts to think about something other then its wallet.

Then... why does it matter if the thread is locked? There's no point to post it. It's like asking a question someone just told you the answer to.

How are those threads spam?

See my previous sentances....

Why do mods lock threads simply because they disagree with them?

The threads are pointless, and as CaptainSkye said, LA could shut this place down.

So next time don't make a reply where you whine about me whining...that's spam and it is pointless.

I was letting you know it was spam, so if you continue to post at the forums, you'd be aware that posts like that are spam.

You just admitted that whining is spam... and you admitted that you were whining. Lots of logic there... :rolleyes:
 AngryFan
04-14-2005, 7:25 PM
I was originally whining, and then you whined about me whining. So I naturally whined about you whining about me whining. I whined that whining is not bad and you whined about whining being bad. So in the end, we are all whiners. Which is bad...

See...my logic makes perfect sense.

But I'm sorry if I came across as being an a******. I love you!!!!!!!!
 Emperor Devon
04-14-2005, 7:36 PM
But I'm sorry if I came across as being an a******.

Apology accepted. :)

I love you!!!!!!!!

:indif: No need to go that far...

Did someone figure out what gender I really am? :lol:
 stingerhs
04-14-2005, 8:20 PM
i'll be quite honest with you: this is a fan forum. the large majority of the regular users in these forums are fans of the game. sure the fans are disappointed that large parts of the game had to be cut out.

but the general viewpoint of most of the fans is that nobody really deserves things like boycotts (at the moment) and nobody really wants to hear long rants and whinings about the game's problems and cut material. the main reason: its been posted and discussed to the point that most users are sick of hearing it.

creating a new thread to discuss something that has recently been discussed is just irritating and pointless to most of us regulars. that is why the threads get locked, not because the mods have some secret alliance with LA....

or do they?? ;)
 AngryFan
04-14-2005, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
i'll be quite honest with you: this is a fan forum. the large majority of the regular users in these forums are fans of the game. sure the fans are disappointed that large parts of the game had to be cut out.

but the general viewpoint of most of the fans is that nobody really deserves things like boycotts (at the moment) and nobody really wants to hear long rants and whinings about the game's problems and cut material. the main reason: its been posted and discussed to the point that most users are sick of hearing it.

creating a new thread to discuss something that has recently been discussed is just irritating and pointless to most of us regulars. that is why the threads get locked, not because the mods have some secret alliance with LA....

or do they?? ;)

I thought it was pretty obvious that the mods have a secret alliance. No seriously, this is a recent discussion between a dissenting regular and a mod.

Regular- Search your feelings, come with me!

Mod- No...I MUST obey my master.

Regular- Then my father is trully dead.

See!!! It's as obvious as...something very obvious.
 Darth333
04-14-2005, 9:02 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that the mods have a secret alliance. :lol: That is the funniest thing I have ever read...really you should start writing fan fic...because you have a lot of imagination.

I just recently read that new thread that was calling Lucasarts fans to boycott Lucasarts. It is now locked by the mods.

The mod who locked it stated that it was a repeat thread. I checked out the link the mod posted and turns out he was right.

After reading the older thread, I didn't notice anything inside it that violated the forum rules. Darth Murk (the thread starter) simply asked people to boycott Lucasarts and stated why. How does that violate the rules? The first thread was locked because of redundancy too: there was already a nearly identical thread discussing this issue on the same page at that time, which remained opened btw.