Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weird garbling on screen.

Page: 1 of 1
 Speedy_Lube
04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Okay I keep having this werid mess of black and twisted polygons on the screen:

http://img32.echo.cx/my.php?image=kotor2prob4yr.jpg)

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB

1) This occurs not right away, usually after about 5 minutes of play.

2) This occured with my original ATI drivers, as well as the new Omega drivers that I have installed currently.

3) I did use the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 from the stickied thread.

4) The change of drivers had no effect at all as I can tell.

5) When I leave the game, there are dotted black vertical lines and black marks all over the screen in Windows

6) All this disappears with a reboot.

7) There was actually one occasion where the screen went back to normal for about a minute, but it messed up again.

Hope someone can help me.
 stingerhs
04-12-2005, 2:49 PM
ARTIFACTS!!!! :fist:

dang it, i hate that stuff. and to be honest, i don't think its a driver thing. the kotor games just really don't like the mobility chips, and the fact that you could get it to run on your laptop is an achievement in itself. as for actually fixing them, you could try 'underclocking' your chipset (you can do this with the Omega drivers), as this will reduce the amount of misinformation the card is outputing. obviously, the only problem with that solution is that the game is going to slow down considerably if you decide to try that.

you could also try doing a full driver cleanup to completely wipe your video drivers from your laptop. then just simply re-install either the OEM drivers or the Omega drivers (in your case, i recommend the Omega drivers). the Omega drivers have a free utility included with them that makes wiping your video drivers a cakewalk.

anyways, those are the two suggestions i have for you, although i'd personally recommend that you go with the second suggestion over the first one. hope that helps. :)
 Speedy_Lube
04-13-2005, 2:31 AM
Neither of these really stopped the problem. Sometimes it seems I can go longer before the screen begins distorting, but it seems to always happen eventually.
Page: 1 of 1