Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Want to start a Dedicated Server, help please

Page: 1 of 1
 kisc
04-07-2005, 8:35 PM
I ran a TFC server years ago, so I've some idea of the concept. I don't play JA myself, but a friend of mine wants me to run a server for him here at work.

Google has been no help to me this week, so I'm hoping someone will point me to a site that has information about running a dedicated server.

Any of the main sites that I would think to try don't seem to have links to info about the server. I can read... I just can't find anything to read :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Go to this page http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/) and click on the link "Running a Server from Home". Even though you are running it from work, the concepts are the same.
 kisc
04-08-2005, 6:57 PM
Holy crap, that is an incredibly useful document. That "Determining sv_maxrate and sv_maxclients" heading in particular is a beautiful thing. I never thought of it in those kind of direct terms before, but of course ... it is so simple.

Thank you so much. :)
Page: 1 of 1