Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

a weird thing

Page: 1 of 1
 stefanlinden
04-07-2005, 8:46 AM
I had something really weird the last day... I was playing Starwars Battlefront on the ps2. I was a Clone jettrooper when i was attacked, i fired my emp gun, but you only heard the sound, that was it, there was no emp thing coming out. You only heard the sound. i had full ammo so it wasn't that. Did you have it as well?
 Xtermanator
09-01-2005, 3:51 PM
I've had something like that, but not in your case. I was in the AT-AT and I shot a lot of times because the main blasters didn't shoot, so I kept firing and I heard the sound, but no fire. Then the blasters went criss-cross and up when I fired down. Don't worry, these things rarely happen. If it happens more than 4 times in 1 time of game-play, check your disk for fingerprints or scratches.
 Leviathan
09-02-2005, 9:40 AM
stefan', was your Jet-pack activated when this glitch occured ?
 zerted
09-02-2005, 1:15 PM
Are you sure it didn't fire? It may have fired, but there could have been too much going on at the same time and it couldn't draw the emp missile. I've seen this too, but my ammo count went down.
 Leviathan
09-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Personally, I've never seen that before... But if someone could provide us pictures or movies of that phenomenon, I'd thank him / her in advance... ;)
 stefanlinden
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
stefan', was your Jet-pack activated when this glitch occured ?
yes, it was activated, but i just had it again when it wasnt activated :s
 Leviathan
09-06-2005, 1:22 PM
Many surprising things happen once you're using a Jet-pack... For sample, I was using a Dark Trooper while he was flying, and I decided to switch his main weapon to the Blaster Pistol. The outcome : He produced the "landing" sound when he was still in the air !
 zerted
09-06-2005, 7:50 PM
I've had this happen to me a few times. I'll try to get a screen shot when it happens again, but normally I'm trying to stay alive :).
 stefanlinden
09-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I hope they solved this in SWBF 2
 zerted
09-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok, this is close enough so I'll post it. This is me shooting. The shots are not drawn to the screen in a normal way, but instead are shown as hitting me. If you look at the two pictures, you will see that I was never damaged, even though my screen flashed red, and I did in fact fire (the guns are more overheated). This has also happened to me when I have been shooting at something and I do destroyed the target. Why its show me getting hit and not me shooting, I don't have much of a clue...

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/glitches/pic1.jpg)
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/glitches/pic2.jpg)

(anyone know how to turn [IMG] code on?)
 Leviathan
09-17-2005, 12:52 PM
(anyone know how to turn code on?)
Just use this synthax :
[IMG][URL poiting to your picture]
 zerted
09-17-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/glitches/pic2.jpg)

If you can see the picture it worked, but under posting rules in the bottom courner, it says "[IMG] code is off". Anyone know how to turn that on?
 JohnLocke
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Similar for me.....if I'm a rocket droid, I'll fire, hear it launch...but see nothing till it explodes on it's target. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me scratch my head once in awhile.
Page: 1 of 1