Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corruption

Page: 1 of 1
 Mandalorian54
04-03-2005, 10:49 PM
=========
Corruption
=========

Chapter I: State Affairs

Scene I: Crime Problem

At one of the many sites along the road of State Senator Jim Custer's re-election campaign he shows a white toothed smile and waves to the crowd of loyal patrons and fellow Americans.

His speach is almost finished. "I will make our great nation greater!" He shouts to the crowd, "Better management of your taxes," The crowd shouts back with their approval, "Better public services," He slams his fist on the stand. Finally and loudest of all he shouts the promise, "Less crime and a safer place to live," to reduce the drastic crime problems of the state. The crowd loves him, but that's because they only think they know him.

The press is there waiting, flashing cameras and mics being shoved at him as his body guards push them back so he can get to his limo.

"How do you intend to reduce crime?!" "What are your plans for the State's crime problems?!" "Do you really intend to put an end to the over flowing criminal activity?!"

There are many shouts that go unanswered. The senator feels that his speech was enough, he told them what he intended, they needn't ask these questions. So he doesn't answer them, he slips into the luxury of his limo and the crowd is silenced with the seal of the car door shutting.
 Writer
04-03-2005, 11:08 PM
well that was... short... post more, your title had me interested and I hope that more will keep me so. I think I'd have been more interested if it had been longer, so get cracking;)
 Mandalorian54
04-05-2005, 9:23 PM
The limo doesn't leave right away. The car door opposite the Senator opens and in slides another man.

"Mayor Houston," the Senator says slyly. "Jim ol' buddy." The mayor smiles formaly but expresses no joy in seeing the other man. "We've been friends for a long time, I have a favor to ask."

"Friends?" The Mayor asks with a humph, "Since when have we been friends?"

"Since I made you mayor of our beautiful State's capital city. Wouldn't you agree?" The Senator's tone implies treatchery, he continues in his shadey manner, "I think I've been more than a friend to you, I've been the brother you never had. Took care of your family problems, I helped you out and now you're going to help me out."

The Mayor looks at Senator Custer through the corner of his eyes without turning his head. He didn't much like the other man, in fact Mayor Will Houston is disgusted by the Senator, but he tries not to show it. "Sure Jim," He finally answers, "A favor...for a friend." The Mayor feels uncomfortable using the term 'friend' when speaking about his shady pal sitting beside him, but the Senator helped him out big time a while back, Will has no choice but to pay it back with whatever favor is asked.
 Mandalorian54
04-08-2005, 9:14 PM
Sorry, but I won't be continueing to write this story here. I don't want someone to steal it. I will write it but keep it to myself until it's complete and I copyright it before posting it again.

That could be anywhere from months to a year. Consider this a teaser I guess. When it's finished though it'll be to long to post here so I'll put a link in my sig or something to another site or whatever...I duno we'll see what happens.

Sorry for dropping it on people who might have been interested in seeing what was going to happen.

I just really don't want this idea stolen, I've put way to much work into it.
 Sabretooth
04-11-2005, 7:53 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian54
Sorry, but I won't be continueing to write this story here. I don't want someone to steal it. I will write it but keep it to myself until it's complete and I copyright it before posting it again.

That could be anywhere from months to a year. Consider this a teaser I guess. When it's finished though it'll be to long to post here so I'll put a link in my sig or something to another site or whatever...I duno we'll see what happens.

Sorry for dropping it on people who might have been interested in seeing what was going to happen.

I just really don't want this idea stolen, I've put way to much work into it.

O_O

Copyright? Now THAT is professionalism. You'd might as well publish your work then!
 Writer
04-11-2005, 9:55 AM
Hey, Mando, that's perfectly ok... but Sabertooth's right... why don't you just try to get it published? Then let us know what book to buy!
Page: 1 of 1