Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iraq War

Page: 1 of 1
 Dragonball Fan
03-28-2005, 7:05 PM
Prepare for some flaming.

Now, we have a bunch of idiots that say that Bush is a moron. Yes, that's why he has graduated from college suma cum laude and you'e not out of middle school yet.

Then we have idiots that want us to pull our troops out saying "But our men are dying!!!111!!". Too damn bad, it was their choice. People die in war, deal with it.

Then we have idiots that say we should have just nuked Iraq. Great idea, kill our main oil source with radioactive rain! GREAT IDEA! Dolts.

Then we have idiots that say we should never have gone into the war period. Awww, afraid of a war we won in less than a month? Heh. We have barely lost any men over there compared to wars like Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, the war of 1812 even. We just took out anohter commie, which keeps communism from spreading. Now we're off to get north Korea and Iran. I say it's a good thing if we don't have rogue nations with nukes... but that's just my humble opinion.
 El Sitherino
03-28-2005, 9:24 PM
He only graduated Suma Cum Laude because of his father. His highest grade is a C. Not to mention at an IQ of 91, he's near legally retarded. He's failed at every business venture he's ever gone into. His economic plans are something you learn NOT to do in high school economics class.

We never should have gone into the war.
Perhaps if our real reason for going was to free the Iraqi's I would have supported it a bit, but we went in on a bs lie about weapons that Saddam doesn't have.

The man is a moron being led by even bigger fools.
 Prime
03-28-2005, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by Dragonball Fan
Then we have idiots that say we should never have gone into the war period. Awww, afraid of a war we won in less than a month? That's winning??
 StarWarsPhreak
03-28-2005, 9:32 PM
Now, we have a bunch of idiots that say that Bush is a moron. Yes, that's why he has graduated from college suma cum laude and you'e not out of middle school yet.

I'm currently a freshman in College.

Then we have idiots that want us to pull our troops out saying "But our men are dying!!!111!!". Too damn bad, it was their choice. People die in war, deal with it.

That is probably one of the reasons why people want to pull out of Iraq, but there are others.

Then we have idiots that say we should have just nuked Iraq. Great idea, kill our main oil source with radioactive rain! GREAT IDEA! Dolts.

Yes, people that say that are indeed idiots.

Then we have idiots that say we should never have gone into the war period. Awww, afraid of a war we won in less than a month?

There are many reasons why some people disagree about the war on Iraq

We just took out anohter commie, which keeps communism from spreading. Now we're off to get north Korea and Iran. I say it's a good thing if we don't have rogue nations with nukes... but that's just my humble opinion.

If we're just going after bad dictators, why don't we go after the ones in Africa? I believe the people there need our help just as much, if not, more than the people of Iraq.

I'm not really going to go into more specifics with you because this thread fails, and so do you.
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm all for having one less cruel dictator in the world, and I do support the war. That being said:

Prepare for some flaming.

Will do.

'Too damn bad'? Such disregard for human life, you cant be serious. Most people don't believe that we should recall our troops just because they are dying. They believe they are dying for no/wrong reasons, and that is a fair opinion.

First of all, Iraq/Middle East is not the US' main source of oil. The US' main source of oil is Venezuela, and second is Mexico. And you seem to be forgetting just how much oil the US has, itself. We just don't use it, because we want to be the last to have it. As far as nuking Iraq, damaging oil is very low on the list of things wrong with nuking Iraq. I'm not going to bother listing them, if you can't figure it out, I'm not wasting my breath. And as far as having idiots that say that, I haven't seen any (at least not being serious).

Then we have idiots that say we should never have gone into the war period. Awww, afraid of a war we won in less than a month? Heh. We have barely lost any men over there compared to wars like Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, the war of 1812 even.

A war's justification isn't measured by casualties. The argument is illogical. How you figure we won in a month is beyond me. The best measures as I see it, are we haven't one yet, or we one before it started.

We just took out anohter commie, which keeps communism from spreading.

This is 2005, not 1965. There is hardly a threat of a communist takeover on the planet. And I have never heard a non-idiot claim containing the spread of communism as a reason for going to Iraq. Last I knew, Iraq was not a communist country, anyway. Besides, communism has gotten a bad name. A true communism is an ideal system, but is difficult to actual have work.

Now we're off to get north Korea and Iran. I say it's a good thing if we don't have rogue nations with nukes... but that's just my humble opinion.

Iraq had no nukes. What relevance does this have to going to war in Iraq?

If you are going to talk about the war, and especially if you are gonna call people idiots, at least know what you're talking about. You make the rest of us look bad.

Originally posted by InsaneSith
Not to mention at an IQ of 91, he's near legally retarded.

91-110 is average. Average is not near legally retarded. 81-90 is below average, and that is not legally retarded. 10 points is a lot, so he is not near legally retarded. 91 isnt smart, but I just felt I should point out the difference.
 El Sitherino
03-28-2005, 10:36 PM
100 - 110 is average actually.
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
100 - 110 is average actually.

Are you sure? I was nearly positive that the average was 100, the standard deviation was 10, and within the first standard deviation was average. Oh well, it's hardly relevant to the topic, so either way.
 El Sitherino
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Are you sure? I was nearly positive that the average was 100, the standard deviation was 10, and within the first standard deviation was average. Oh well, it's hardly relevant to the topic, so either way. Yes, and by all standards >95 is near legally retarded. Hardly ideal for a national figurehead.

I was just saying people calling him a moron is valid, as by all technical standards... he is.
 StarWarsPhreak
03-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
First of all, Iraq/Middle East is not the US' main source of oil. The US' main source of oil is Venezuela, and second is Mexico.

Well, form the information I have, Iran and Iraq does in fact play a very important role in supplying the US with oil, and Venezuela being 7th and Mexico 13th. But this text book was published in 2002, so I would not be suprised if it has changed.

And you seem to be forgetting just how much oil the US has, itself. We just don't use it, because we want to be the last to have it.

Er... to my knowledge, the US's strategic oil reserves will last for about 3 - 6 months. We may have a lot, but at our country's current consumpton...
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Well, I believe I learned a few years ago that most of our oil was from Venezuela and Mexico, and a quick check at the US Department of Energy website yielded the following results (as of 2003):

Venezuela: 1,385,000 bbl/d; 11.3%
Mexico: 1,639,000 bbl/d; 13.4%
Canada: 2,068,000 bbl/d; 16.9%
Saudi Arabia: 1,772,000 bbl/d; 14.5%
Iraq: 470,000 bbl/d; 3.8%
*percentages are of oil imports, and exclude the oil the US provides itself

Also, it lists the top suppliers (imports, that is) of oil as: Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Nigeria (in that order). So it still stands that Iraq is not the main source of oil to the US.

As far as US oil production capabilities, we currently (2003) produce 7,800,000 bbl/d. This is 39% of our consumption, so we are our main source of oil. Also, this excludes all the oil we choose not to extract. Now granted, we still need foreign oil to meet our demand, I never said otherwise. My point was just that our eggs aren't all in one basket.

Relevant links:
http://www.energy.gov/engine/content.do)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/contents.html)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/usa.html)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/venez.html)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/iraq.html)

EDIT: Just realized your comment was about oil reserves, mine was about potential production, although my figures were current production. I wasn't able to find what I was looking for as to potential, though I didn't try very hard.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-29-2005, 2:19 PM
This is not a debate forum and even in debate forum your blatant flaming is not allowed.

If you want to debate the Iraqi war, go to a dedicated debate forum such as JediKnight series/Senate Chambers.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-29-2005, 2:43 PM
In case you're willing to actually contribute something mature rather than going "you know, certain idiots think that...", I'll actually link to them for you:

Threads on Bush and Iraq:
WMDs - Weapons of Mass Deception (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96873)
Credit to Bush! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145032)
The Killed and wounded in Iraq (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141365)

Meanwhile, go watch Fahrenheit 9/11 (and before you tell me Moore lies, prove it by listing his sources and refuting them one by one).
 Dragonball Fan
03-29-2005, 9:58 PM
Nah, I just say that Moore's a fatass mofo. Anyway, starting a flame war is always fun. Yes, Bush is an idiot. I just like wars... wars are fun.

Oh yeah, I have a disregard for human life. There are only six billion of us, and thousands born daily... we can make up for all the people that have died in Iraq in a week. That is if we "pull a Sparta" on all those children and train them to be perfect soldiers from the age of seven to death. Look at the casualties of the U.S civil war, over 230,000. 50,000 died in ONE BATTLE. If i have a disregard for life, i'll be damned. To those generals they were pawns to be used for their own gain. What gain is that? Glory and money.

Yes, I said "wars are fun". But once I get into one i'm sure i'll be using the phrase "War is hell". Contradictory, but meh... what're you gonna do.
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-29-2005, 11:06 PM
That (if its not just a lie intended as flame bait, im not convinced its a true opinion) is very depressing. :(
 Jan Gaarni
03-30-2005, 2:57 AM
And very lockable.

Don't start discussions just to start a flame war.

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1