Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestion: Animated Series 2

Page: 2 of 2
 sheaday6
04-17-2005, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by Pork_Soda
is there such thing as an 8 year fad?

bush is an eight year fad

that's right, i just got a political and ****
 sheaday6
04-17-2005, 9:32 PM
and now i'm double posting, thats right!
 Skinkie
04-18-2005, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by sheaday6
bush is an eight year fad

that's right, i just got a political and ****

And to think I thought you meant Bush the band. Comedown is still cool. And all of Golden State....... Pointless Ranting.
 tiorojo
04-20-2005, 8:13 AM
How about a S&M series directed by matt groening, or fking quentin tarantino..... :D
 Ray Jones
04-20-2005, 8:47 AM
I don't think that fits 100%. Groening maybe a possibility, but Tarantino -- no way. Except it's non animated. And then it would be kind of Disney-ish. Except it's not with a dog and a rabbit. Then it would be like whack-o-cop and whack-o-cop are down with it AKA Leathal Weapon. Or so. Now I'm in doubt Tarantino would do that kind of thing.

If you ask me, the series should be made by those party people who made The Angry Beavers. That would make it Platinum.
 sheaday6
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM
yeah, the angry beavers was a smashing success
 SyntheticGerbil
04-20-2005, 8:57 PM
Pggh, Tarantino and whatsguy are hacks. Angry Beavers was nothing more than just a session show made for Nickelodeon to fill in the gap it made by screwing over a real cartoon called Ren and Stimpy.

Man that show was awful. Who thinks the word "spoothead" is funny? Who besides RayJones?
 Metallus
04-20-2005, 9:07 PM
But you watched it. So they win.
 Ray Jones
04-21-2005, 4:29 AM
1. - "Spoot" alone is funny enough.
2. - Ren-and-Stimpy-ness is excellent, but does not fit for Sam and Max.
3. - Spoothead! (And I am *not* laughing)
 SyntheticGerbil
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I didn't watch nothin'!
 JBlink
04-23-2005, 4:52 PM
I dont think the word Spoothead is funny, but "Spooty-Spoot-Spoothead" is funny.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-24-2005, 7:22 PM
Well i'm going to jump in late into this topic, but anyway, I have a few simple points that need to be made. Steve can't do **** without some company to produce or whatever the hell they do to make a cartoon, and even showing the old ones on one of those stupid ass channels wouldn't work if he doesn't have the rights to do that until his contract runs out with Viacom I think it is. Second off, if you were to put it on any channel like Cartoon Network, they would more than likely force it to be way edgy. Look what SpikeTV did to Ren and Stimpy. Not only was it on a **** channel with two other wortless cartoons, but it turned out to have a completely different feel to what it used to be. Hell, that may not even be their fault, but I'd doubt John K. would have responcible.

All in all, this is just another stupid idea and another reason to why my television has been converted to a dust collector/room space taker-upper.
 sheaday6
04-24-2005, 8:52 PM
...and replaced by the warm loving glow of the computer screen
 SyntheticGerbil
04-25-2005, 9:58 AM
No, everyone knows John K. is responsible for "screwing" Ren and Stimpy up. SpikeTV didn't do anything but cancel it.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-25-2005, 7:46 PM
It could've worked if it was on Comedy Central, or at least thats what i'd like to think.
Page: 2 of 2