Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sorry, but I need to get this off my chest

Page: 1 of 1
 Bob Lion54
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I like this site for two reasons. The mods, of course, but perhaps more importantly, the respectful manner with which the members of this site communicate. There are an untold number sites that are overrun with persons whom seem to have nothing better to do than hackle each other. The Moderators of Lucasforums do an amazing job of keeping this site clean and well organized. So, to them, thank you. KotOR's I and II are great games, but even the best games get old. However, every few days, I come to this site and the game is revitalized. The modders and moderators here have made it one of the best games around.
 Bob Lion54
03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
I wrote the above in resonse to someone who was acting uncouthly towards a modder. I thought I could lock my own post and let it fall gracefully to the bottom of the page. So if a moderator could do that I would appriciate it, or delete it if you are so inclined. Like I said, I just really had to get that off my chest.

thanks
 Darth333
03-24-2005, 11:08 AM
We're doing our best to keep this place friendly and to encourage people to display their mods, no matter what experience they have :)
 Prime
03-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Yep, everyone is welcome.

It is important to remember that everyone starts out as a newbie. It takes time and effort to get good at things. :)
 tk102
03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
I for one appreciate this type of feedback, since there are times when I've felt like the thought police. With the influx of new people to these forums since the release of TSL, the need to maintain civility has increased proportionally. Nobody here enjoys having to discipline others, despite what Prime says. Nonetheless, the moderators know it must be done in order to preserve the environment of the forums. It's sort of like gardening to me. :)
 Bob Lion54
03-24-2005, 12:22 PM
I'v just seen to many sites ruined by people with no understanding of civility. I know you do it because you enjoy it. However, making mods, answering questions, and looking over the forums must seem like a full time job sometimes. You guys do a great job, and I would wager 99% of the people here would agree :cool:

In my case, I had a decidedly newbie question and it was answered without making me feel stuipid.

So thanks again.

:cool:
 ChAiNz.2da
03-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Nonetheless, the moderators know it must be done in order to preserve the environment of the forums. It's sort of like gardening to me.
*pluck* a post here, *snip* a post there... ;)

umm.. yeah, about the whole 'uncouth' post and all that jazz... been meaning to apologize for sorta instigating (by responding to said post in a blunt/catty way) the hub-bub-aloo that seemed to quickly follow... :o

sometimes my fingers are quicker than my brain... it happens after eating paint chips all those years... mmmm... paint chips......

Apologies all! :D

@Lion54
Well spoken!
And you did it without being "catty" (like me... hehehe) or cocky... methinks I need to start watching your posts and learn how it's done ;)

Anywho, I'm glad you came out from "Lurking" to join in the fray of things. Definitely becomes interesting huh? hehehe...

::EDIT::
edited for clarification.
Thanks to Lion54 for pointing that out.. heheh..

how's that? :)
 Bob Lion54
03-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks ChAiNz, but I do want to clarify something. Your response kinda made it sound like it was your fault. Actually, you post was what inspired me to repspond.

I'm still a newbie 'round these parts. I don't even have a single mod to my name, but the people here make me feel welcome... so thanks to ALL!!!:cool:
 Drazin
03-24-2005, 5:09 PM
I haven't been here very long, but like Lion54 I stayed because of the community of people here. Lately though it seems to have been infiltrated by a few undesireables that I find myself constantly annoyed with and suppressing my true nature of ripping them to shreds.
At Anyrate, the Moderators here do a great job and thats why I have been able to keep my cool. Because I know the situation will be dealt with quickly and effectively.

Do you think though, that maybe you give me just 1 day to say whats really on my mind without any repercussions? :D
Probably not.
 tk102
03-24-2005, 5:32 PM
Do you think though, that maybe you give me just 1 day to say whats really on my mind without any repercussions?

That reminds me so much of when I used to work at a restaurant with unpleasant customers... just wanted one day when I could tell them all off. :D

Sorry, Drazin. Probably not.

Just a reminder: at the bottom of each post is a "Report this post to a moderator" link. For best results, don't cry wolf unless there is a wolf.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-24-2005, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Drazin
Lately though it seems to have been infiltrated by a few undesireables that I find myself constantly annoyed with and suppressing my true nature of ripping them to shreds.
At Anyrate, the Moderators here do a great job and thats why I have been able to keep my cool. Because I know the situation will be dealt with quickly and effectively.
I feel you man, I do...we should swap lists of the evergrowing 'annoyances' sometimes ;) hehehe

But I'm here begging in public that both you and Lion54 (and countless others) to stay. Though there have been a few 'newcomers' I'd love to see 'new-goers', I've become quite fond of a few so-called "newbies" (such a horrid word) that have more than once proved themselves to be a great addition to the Community.

Just remember to restrain the anger, don't get catty like *cough* me *cough* ;) and use that precious little link to the lower right labeled:

"Report this post to a moderator". It works... (trust me) :dev11:

p.s. it also helps to make sure you're not reporting your own post... unless you're just into beating yourself :lol:
 Drazin
03-24-2005, 9:10 PM
LOL.

Lucky for me I work in the construction industry where it is still "OK" to fly off the handle once in awhile.

Oh, and I have every intention of staying :)
I like this place and the people here. Just about everyone with a glowing name and alot without have practically catered to my every need and answered my every question. You just dont find that kind of community much anymore. Most everyone has alot of respect for each other and even if they don't you wouldnt know it.

Funny thing is, I am not a real big StarWars fan. I havent seen the new movies, never read a comic book or novel or anything. I just happen to be given an Xbox for christmas along with Kotor.

Anyways,
Thank YOU for being YOU and all of you responsible for keeping this place running.
 Derc
03-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Lately though it seems to have been infiltrated by a few undesireables that I find myself constantly annoyed with and suppressing my true nature of ripping them to shreds.
LOL. *cough* :rolleyes: I'm sorry. :D
But yes, this is a truly top-notch site where fans(Star Wars or not) can.....discuss topics. Let's preserve the peace!

I like this place and the people here. Just about everyone with a glowing name and alot without have practically catered to my every need and answered my every question. Heh. FireFox(at least for me) doesn't enable Glow. So everyone's equal in my view. :)
 T7nowhere
03-25-2005, 2:29 AM
We do our best to keep Starwarsknights forums the best place to come to talk about the game and a pleasant envioment.

Ever sinse I first came here the general Forum attitude has been positive and we intend to keep it this way :)
 Jackel
03-25-2005, 3:43 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Nobody here enjoys having to discipline others, despite what Prime says.
Speak for yourself... Um I mean I am sure some people like telling people what to do .. *cough*
 General Kenobi
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
@Darth333, TK, T7

You guys DO NOT try to keep a good site....little FYI there guys

You DO keep the best site. Want to prove it flip over to one of those god aweful forums out there other than ours here.

Heck we've all been "noobs" at one time or another.

A STORY:

Picture it Italy 1943....no just kidding. :) Not that kind of story.

When I finally joined up and began modding one of the first post's I made was in Seph's WIP thread trying to answer someones question. He accused me of WIP hiijacking. I thought it funny since I'd never heard of a "wip" before. Didn't know that was a Work In Progress and that's all that should be talked about. T7 put me in my place and explained what a WIP was.

So I do get the whole "noob" thing.

What I CAN'T STAND is those on the forums that alter their signatures and comments under their avatar to "emmulate" others. I can think of one who refers to ChAiNz.2da like 50 times in those. I read a post one night from him and just glanced and saw it was signed by ChAiNz. It was really off-key for him (ChAiNz has a quirky personality that shines when he posts..lol). I immediately thought, "what did ChAiNz say?" Looking over at the name I realized it was someone who "included" him "in" their signature. I even went so far as to PM ChAiNz and ask why this user was doing that? The dude has NEVER put out anything but is "infamous" for these types of posts:

WOOWS :confused: :cool: :bdroid1: :band: :atat: :amidala: ooh wow!!!! good!!!!!

Doesn't help, doesn't give a real opinion, doesn't give good feedback, just stupid bump posts to increase their post number I guess. Okeedookles :) I'm going back to my modding work now that I've got that off my chest. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
04-22-2005, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
(ChAiNz has a quirky personality that shines when he posts..lol)
Quirky?! hehehehe...

Hey, I'm just the laid back, smoooooth (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/emotes/chillin.jpg) kinda person ;)

that's read way too many books on corny humor ;)
 Prime
04-22-2005, 11:03 AM
As much as I say I like disciplining and banning people, I really don't. But I do want to make sure that this forum is as pleasant and inviting as possible. :)

EDIT: OK maybe I enjoy it a little bit...
 Aidy
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I too find the waters of this place calm and soothing - or some such new age rubbish- one thing that has puzzled me is the lack of actual traffic on the site???
But I would say that everyone on here seems to have a polite respect for one another and that is to be commended.
 General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Aidy
one thing that has puzzled me is the lack of actual traffic on the site???

Although it doesn't "look" like that many people are "on" persay (for me) I check the main board occasionally but usually just "subscribe" to threads and I get emails when there's updates on that thread. ;)

Easier for me and it's what a bunch of us do. (that's the reason we'd get miffed when people kept bumping the Ultimate Saber Package):rolleyes:

I learned to watch the "views" column and it will let you know if your thread is being looked at.
 ChAiNz.2da
05-12-2005, 3:18 PM
^^^^^
Agreed. :D

Also take into account that you can log on "invisible"... so just because you don't see alot of members in the forums, it doesn't mean they're not there ;)

oh yeah, and if you're not a member... just a "lurker", you don't even show up at all... though you have to watch out for the "lurker" blasters..
:lurkblast
 Aidy
05-24-2005, 6:37 AM
so what your saying is that we are being watched????
i never understood why user's post hidden, seems pointless to me, but what do I know?
Page: 1 of 1