Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trojan in KOTOR Update?

Page: 1 of 1
 silkshadow
03-24-2005, 6:28 AM
Moosoft's Trojan progam is telling me theres trojan called openwaresiepatch in the KOTOR 1.03 update. Can this be true? Anyone know anything about this?
 Sivy
03-24-2005, 6:40 AM
where did you download the patch from?
 stingerhs
03-24-2005, 7:24 AM
hmm, curious. Norton hasn't picked up my patch as a trojan. if you got it from the updater, then try getting it from dlx.gamespot.com. they have the patch in the form of an .exe file that doesn't have a trojan in it. :)
 silkshadow
03-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I actually got it from lucasarts.com. I know, its strange. I'm running MCafee and Kapersky but neither of them sounded any alarms. But its not a virus and anti-virus software are usually bad at picking up trojans; which is why I also use Moosofts trojan specific program. ;) I will give gamespot a try, thanks stingerhs!
 stingerhs
03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
no problem. just let us know what happens. ;)
 Leviathan
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
This kind of problems can be encountered if your Anti-virus software is relatively old and if it manages the detection of the "heuristic" viruses. (A.k.a. the new and unknown viruses...)
 Lord Haine
03-28-2005, 11:52 AM
You sure you found it in the Patch?
Its wierd, openwaresiepatch...

I googled "openwares" as ie= internet explorer so i thought "openwares" was a name of something and guess what? it looks like it is, so what its finding is Openware's Internet explorer patch, which isnt a trojan:

http://dotavery.com/blog/archive/2003/12/19/183.aspx)

this is where you can download the patch from:

http://www.download.com/Openwares-IE-Security-Patch/3000-2372_4-10251634.html)
Page: 1 of 1