Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR level cap mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 silkshadow
03-24-2005, 2:09 AM
Just a quick question, I searched this board and over at pcgamesmod and couldn't find anything. Was there ever a level cap remover mod for KOTOR 1? I'm thinking of playing that again but I always hated the level cap at 20.
 T7nowhere
03-24-2005, 2:11 AM
No. not possible without rewriting the game code.
 silkshadow
03-24-2005, 4:20 AM
Darn, that's too bad. I guess I can use TK's editor to add feats and powers and things. Thanks for the info!
 VernoOiale
03-24-2005, 8:48 AM
Yeah actually, a couple were made, i have a copy of one, if you want me to shoot it to you in an email, just PM me. I looked for it over at pcgm and couldnt find it, but i found it in my mod folder. It uses just about every 2da there is, but i do remember it working, just not all that compatible with anything else unless you know your way around the kotor tool
 JacenPrime
03-24-2005, 9:24 AM
There;s a mod at PCGamemods that sets the cap to 40 instead of 20
 Sivy
03-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JacenPrime
There;s a mod at PCGamemods that sets the cap to 40 instead of 20

it doesn't work.
 Bob Lion54
03-24-2005, 10:33 AM
There were a couple of different ones made, but none worked as advertised. All I could get mine to do was make me level up faster, but it still capped at 20.

I remember there were quite a few discussions about how to do it (I was "lurking" back then), but no one could get it to work because you would need to rewrite game code. If I remember correctly, T7nowhere was active in that persuit. I could be wrong about that, though. I am, however, sure that you can take his word for it.:cool:
 VernoOiale
03-24-2005, 11:56 PM
heres the readme, for petes sake, i use this it works, but like i said before, its like very hard to find stuff thats compatible with it: PM me your email and ill send it to you.

Daryn's KotOR Level 40 Mod
Version 0.1

**This mod will NOT work with any previously saved games, so start a new game if you wanna try it out**
**I am not responsible for any damage this might do to your game, this hasn't been fully tested yet, but so far i have not experienced any problems**

When i first got to level 20 I was pissed that i couldn't level any farther, so this mod is designed to let you continue to gain experience and improve your character just like you did from level 1-20.

Experience needed for level has been increased according to the pattern for levels 1-20, with the same skill, feat, attribute, saving throw and force power progression for each class.

Hope you enjoy this little mod, and feel free to send any feedback to Email Bad! Use PM's.
Thanks to Malak369 for the idea for this.

-Daryn

Apologies if posting this violates some sort of rule, i understand if the post has to be edited to remove the readme excerpt.

Thanks to daryn for creating it
 silkshadow
03-25-2005, 12:41 AM
I'd definately be willing to give that a try VernoOiale. Thanks! PM sent.
 RedHawke
03-25-2005, 1:17 AM
Originally posted by VernoOiale
heres the readme, for petes sake, i use this it works, but like i said before, its like very hard to find stuff thats compatible with it: PM me your email and ill send it to you.

Daryn's KotOR Level 40 Mod
Version 0.1
Then you are the first and only one beyond it's creator that a level 40 mod has worked for... Malak369's and Daryn's both never worked for most everyone.

Care to post a screenshot of it "working"?
 Valrac
06-09-2010, 12:18 PM
So, I know it's been a while since people have been on this thread, but I'm curious if there are any lvl cap mods still out there. I just recently got KotOR for my PC and was looking forward to finding someone who developed something like it seems VernoOiale did.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Holy wah!

Same situation now as was then, not a moddable thing. Against the EULA to modify the game executable, which would be the only way to make a level cap style mod.

Valrac, be aware of a few things - search and you will find many threads speculating on Level Cap mods for KotOR, some as recent as this past month. You resurrected a thread over 5 years dead, which is rude to the dead :p and considered a forum no-no.

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to disappoint!
Page: 1 of 1