Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help I can't get multiplayer to work (JK2)

Page: 1 of 1
 forceflow580
03-21-2005, 1:20 AM
Singleplayer works fine, but whenever i try to get onto multiplayer it just freezes at that part where theres a text box with yellow words, says something like "blah blah cannot be found" and then an error message pops up and i says that jkmp.something has encountered a problem and has to close. i turned off my virusscan, uninstalled everything, reinstalled and then... still doesnt work.

Any advice here? like what should i do to be able to get onto multiplayer?

thanks in advance
 Neverhoodian
03-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Have you updated your game to the 1.04 patch? If not, you can find the patch here. (http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_104;3825)

What exactly does the error message say? One common error is the "CL_ParsePacketentities error" or "CL_ParseServer," or something to that extent. If you get such a message, it either means one of two things:

1. You own an illicit copy of the game. Either someone burned a copy for you or you downloaded a warez version from the internet. Just buy a legit copy of the game and things should turn out fine; the game's selling for pretty cheap last time I checked.

2. There's a conflict between the game and your computer. It could be the video card, but I'm not sure. I'm not very knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

If it's some other kind of error, tell us. Someone will most likely be more than willing to help you out.
 Kurgan
03-25-2005, 9:29 PM
Also, if you're using any cd cracks or no cd hacks, remove them and see if you still have the same problems.

Try another server too. Sometimes if a server is running a warez version or something it will conflict with a legit copy, so try another one to see if it wasn't just the server that was the problem.

You may need to reinstall the game and then re-apply the official patch too.
 forceflow580
04-01-2005, 6:36 AM
well it works fine on my laptop computer, so i dont think it has anything to do with hacks or a burned cd. The computer im using now is alot newer than my notebook, so maybe its not compatible?
Page: 1 of 1