Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can't keep my game from stuttering? (JA)

Page: 1 of 1
 brother_one
03-16-2005, 2:24 AM
hi there.
first post.

any help is appreciated.

my game continues to freeze up on me and i'm finally at a loss.

i've updated to version 1.01,
virus scan & firewall are off,
monitor set at 16 bit,
direct x up to date and,
i've tried playing at almost all settings to get it off the ground with no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.
 razorace
03-16-2005, 2:32 PM
Has this always been happening with JKA or is this something more recent?
 brother_one
03-16-2005, 3:52 PM
i've actually played the game through once w/ no problems.

now that it's reinstalled i'm getting the freeze. i checked over any recent programs/etc. that are new since i played last and can't seem to find anything that would cause the problem.
 razorace
03-16-2005, 4:51 PM
Have you installed any new drivers lately?
 brother_one
03-16-2005, 8:06 PM
nope, no new drivers.

the only thing i think may be interrupting play is my new dsl connection but, i made sure it's firewall was off.

one weird thing i noticed was when i went to apply the 101 patch it said my game was already up-to-date but, i purchased the game when it was relatively new and had never patched before?
 razorace
03-16-2005, 8:54 PM
I probably means that your game wasn't properly uninstalled last time.
 Crow_Nest
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah sometimes games screws up when you did not uninstall or install properly. So try uninstalling it again, and delete the entire Jedi Academy game folder. Then install the game again, after installing run the game first to see if its working, then update to 1.01 patch.
Page: 1 of 1