Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New mem

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthRevan2102
03-13-2005, 8:40 PM
i got more memory for my comp. so i can play kotor without all the lag n garbage... but it wont work for some reason.. it has all the same specs. as my memory thats already in my computer.... do i have to run some kind of new hardware check for the comp to recognize it?(im using an HP on windows xp)
 stingerhs
03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
the new memory should have been detected by your motherboard before windows even started up.

first, confirm that you're indeed using the correct format of memory for your computer. if you need to check, look it up in the motherboard manuel that came with you're computer. second, reopen your case and make sure that the memory is seated properly in the slot. also, make sure that the slot didn't have a lot of dust in it before you try to seat the memory (just blow it out).

if this doesn't fix the problem, the memory stick is probably bad, so just return it and get a replacement.

hope that helps. :)
Page: 1 of 1