Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cutting a lightstaff in half

Page: 1 of 1
 SlipStream
03-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Maybe i was just way to tired last night...but I was fighting a sith with a light staff last night in jk3 single player with the (funny) dual saber style with only one saber cheat...and through my random hacking i some how cut his staff into two pieces and he started fighting me like he had dualies (the model had been cleverly replaced with two standard sith hilts).

Has this happened to anyone else before or am i going crazy?
 Crow_Nest
03-13-2005, 5:12 AM
Dont worry you're not crazy, it is part of the game to cut an enemy saber staff into half making it dual sabers. It has happend to me before.
 SlipStream
03-15-2005, 2:24 AM
thx for replying...that sure is a cool feature to have in there...to think it took me about 10 runs though the game before i did that...shows how much i hack and slash i guess. Would be nice to have it more often :D
 razorace
03-15-2005, 4:03 PM
Yeah, I just had it happen last night. It's very rare because you have to hit just the saber hilt for it to occur.
 SlipStream
03-16-2005, 3:33 AM
ah...i wonder if there is anyway you could tweek the settings to make it occurr more frequently...

Oh well it was just the most awesome thing ever...and ive been trying hard ever sense (but to no prevail) to make it happen again. Im not sure exactly how it lined up, but its gotta be a 1 in a million chance eh?

on a side note...you are absolutely right about dem vasudans.
 razorace
03-16-2005, 2:30 PM
I don't think you can tweak the settings because you'd still have to actually hit the saber hilt.
 LukeKatarn
03-16-2005, 4:22 PM
That has never happened to me, but dang that's awsome! I WANT IT TO HAPPEN TO ME! :'(
 Crow_Nest
03-18-2005, 3:53 AM
Originally posted by razorace
I don't think you can tweak the settings because you'd still have to actually hit the saber hilt.

Maybe try make it happen more often in the next OJP mod?
 SlipStream
03-18-2005, 4:01 AM
maybe you could try making the hit box for that area a bit larger? I dunno that might call for massive remodeling...nm i dunno...
 razorace
03-18-2005, 5:48 AM
The hit detection is polygon based, so you can't exactly just make the hitbox larger. :)

Secondly, I can't change the SP code for OJP because the SP code simply isn't available.
 SlipStream
03-18-2005, 2:28 PM
well damn...ok then i got nothin...oh well it was worth the try eh? Thx for your imput guys!
Page: 1 of 1