Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bluse Screen of death crash! help!

Page: 1 of 1
 UnkownEntity
03-10-2005, 2:23 AM
ok, so i dunno maybe its been answered but heres the deal:

whenever i play KOTOR 1, i get to play for liek 10-15 min, then my comp randomly restarts, or goes quickly to blue screen then restart. it usually happens during battles and im on the first planet. my comp is:

Pent 3.2 Ghz HT
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon X300SE 128 meg

i am running the game at 1280 res with everything on high.
 korriban_welder
03-16-2005, 9:32 AM
you shouldn'y run it at 1280. i have a 21" monitor and it doesen't work very well... Dunno what else to tell ya.
 stingerhs
03-16-2005, 11:05 AM
ya, you definitely might want to turn down the res a bit. as for your system crashing and rebooting, well, thats definately not something that normally happens if the game crashes.

i have a hunch, but i need to know two things first: the watt output of your power supply and if your computer came with the video card pre-installed.
 UnkownEntity
03-16-2005, 5:02 PM
yeah, i changed the res and it doesnt do that any mroe, now all i get are the loading crash and the no-tex on environment bug, but i can dealwith those.

and yeah, card came pre-installed, and i have no clue how big the p-supply is, id think it was a 350w.. not sure. whatever, problem's fixed, i turned down res to 1024 and it works.
 stingerhs
03-16-2005, 6:16 PM
okay, i'm glad everything worked out for ya.

for the curious: my hunch was wrong. i was thinking the reboot could have been from the card using too much wattage from the power supply, but that shouldn't be the case if the card was pre-installed. otherwise, i'd be doing some serious complaining to the manufacturer.[/rant] :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1