Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CDkey in use *minor spoilers*

Page: 1 of 2
 PhireStorm
03-05-2005, 1:28 PM
This is the thing- I got Commando, installed it, and played through till i got scorch in the assualt ship. so i thought, I think I'll play online.... then.... it says that my cd key is being used by another person or its invalid!?!??! so iwas like... I'm NOT buying another one, or sending it anywhere. soo... i made myself a server, some joined, and i did well, 30 (that was my frag limit) to 16, well. So, i said " I wanna join a clan", so i looked, but figured that I cant friggin try out!, so i wanna join, but I can only try out (and play) on my server...
 Nokill
03-05-2005, 6:39 PM
erm a litle strange post

and if your cd key is already used you shoud try to contact lucasarts so thay can bann your old key and give you a new one ;)
 PhireStorm
03-05-2005, 7:29 PM
hmm, but then I'll have ta send in my reciept, which is traveling along with the garbage truck now...and i dont wanna send in my box (like they would want that), or anything else. so I'll just make servers from now on.
 Nokill
03-07-2005, 2:39 PM
well we coud use someone who makes server :rolleyes:

but you still shoud try to get lucasarts give you a new key ;)

please also look on www.redcell.tk)
 PhireStorm
03-07-2005, 3:40 PM
well, i dont wanna reinstall my game. I dont wanna readjust my controls again..and yes, I am very Lazy

I will withdraw my request for now, but maybe lata, i still need to get better. 30/16 isn't satisfying me. Dont laugh at my score either!
 Nokill
03-08-2005, 8:58 AM
well it coud always be worse ;)
 deloused
03-08-2005, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by PhireStorm
well, i dont wanna reinstall my game. I dont wanna readjust my controls again..and yes, I am very Lazy

I will withdraw my request for now, but maybe lata, i still need to get better. 30/16 isn't satisfying me. Dont laugh at my score either!

Excuse the flames, but this just screams "WAREZ!" at me. Too lazy to reinstall the game to make it work? Too lazy to email lucasarts to get a new (probably working) key to play online?

Even if you did throw away your receipt, there are serial numbers and such on the discs that can be used to prove that your discs are authentic.

Its like those people who used to post on my forum about getting the "CL_ParsePacket" error in JA, and then pretend they didn't warez the game.

If you want to play online, in any sort of clan, I'd politely suggest that you email lucasarts and get yourself a working CD key. If you had a legitimate one in the first place, that is.
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 5:04 PM
I have to agree with deloused. That sounds very warezish. It takes like what, 5 minutes to report and get things settled?
 Kurgan
03-08-2005, 6:19 PM
Ok, I'll give Phirestorm 24 hours to prove to me that he owns the game (sending in scan of reciept, proof of purchase, game cd, picture of him holding the real game, etc). If he fails to satisfy me in 24 hours from now, he can consider himself banned for warezing.

If you want to say you don't have a scanner, webcam, digicam, etc. you can head down to the photo place (Kinkos, Copyworks, any two bit copy store, etc) and get one done for cheap. Or find a friend who has one.

Email it to kurgan@qwest.net

If I recieve nothing in that time, good bye. If you prove to me you own the game we'll see about helping you.

[Edit: You posted the pic, thanks. We're satisifed for now. Thank you!]
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 7:21 PM
First of all, whats WAREZ? i'm taking it as piracy.
I DID NOT GET THIS GAME ILLEGALLY. WHY WOULD I POST IF I GOT MY GAME ILLAGALLY< huh?
I AM ONLY 15, I dont even know HOW to get it illegally, i dont even know anybody who can steal it for me. I dont like of being acused of something i didnt do. I didnt post to be bombarded with accusations! I threw out my recepeipt, it weas a gift from my parents, so i will see if i can use their camera, i dont have one.
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 7:35 PM
When I was 15 I was using Telenet to get "pirated" copies of games. That was 11 years ago. Kids today(especially young kids) are are little smarter than they were back in my day, especially when it comes to getting things for nothing. I haven't met one kid under the age of 16 that didnt know what K@zaa or limewire was. I've got a friend thats a manager at a record store and he can't get over the ammout of kids that tell their parents when they can't find a CD, "oh its ok, we'll download it when we get home"
No one is accusing you of getting a "pirated" copy but the message you are getting is just that, its the message you'd get trying to load a MP game with a pirated copy. If it a legal copy then please, show us were wrong.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 7:52 PM
My parents are being really resistant about the camera, since i erased some memory last time, but it was their fault. I can keep trying, but dont remove me from lucas forums. plz dont. Yes, i know what kazzaa and limewire is, but i never knew you could download big files, such as games. All i have is the fact that my parents got it for me at ebgames, gave me the recept, and i tossed it as soon as single player worked. plz believe me, I dont want to be banned out of suspicion.:(
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 7:59 PM
Did your parents get the extended warranty? If they did you shouldn't have to much trouble getting it returned.(just called our local EB, got the info from them)
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:04 PM
My parents are too cheap to, besides i got it at Best Buy. This week went to hell for me. Game dont work, no more receipt accusations (Kurgan, *frustrated look*), and now I cant find my mom wont let me give me her camera
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 8:11 PM
Ok first you said.

My parents are being really resistant about the camera, since i erased some memory last time, but it was their fault. I can keep trying, but dont remove me from lucas forums. plz dont. Yes, i know what kazzaa and limewire is, but i never knew you could download big files, such as games. All i have is the fact that my parents got it for me at ebgames, gave me the recept, and i tossed it as soon as single player worked. plz believe me, I dont want to be banned out of suspicion.:(

This made sence right up to the point you posted this.

My parents are too cheap to, besides i got it at Best Buy. This week went to hell for me. Game dont work, no more receipt accusations (Kurgan, *frustrated look*), and now I cant find my mom wont let me give me her camera

"All i have is the fact that my parents got it for me at ebgames"
"My parents are too cheap to, besides i got it at Best Buy. "

So "Mr.I can't keep my lies straight cause i've got a hacked copy"
care to name a third place you got your game?
Or would you just like to admit that you don't own a legal copy of the game. No point in editing ur posts either I took screens of them for proof in case you did. :D
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:19 PM
Oh ****, this doesnt help me. I am telling the truth. We went to EBgames first, but left cus it was to full of ppl, so we went to Bestbuy.
btw, i am reinstalling the game with a new key
I know you wont believe me, will ban me, and do whatever you will do. I cant stop that. This new key will work, i just hope i can put up post of future Star Wars games...
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 8:20 PM
Appears you've been caught in a lie.

And the accusations were well warranted. And don't shift look at Kurgan, you brought this on yourself.
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 8:20 PM
Don't think thats gonna matter, Kurgan wanted proof.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:23 PM
I dont plan on editing. I stand. I edited my last post, fyi
 Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 8:29 PM
New key? Games are coming with multiple keys now? Interesting.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:31 PM
Thanks for understanding everyone. I hope that you too will be accused, and prove yourself more guilty by a misunderstandting.
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 8:31 PM
Indeed they do Boba Rhett but you have to get the free unlimited demo version with multiplayer and full single player addon. Those versions ususally come with like 12 or 13 cdkeys. Doesn't mean they all work....online.....legally.:rolleyes:
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 8:44 PM
Well you have 22 hours left to present evidence supporting that you legally obtained the game.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:48 PM
If i use this new cd key, is playing on a server proof for you?
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 8:49 PM
If i use this new cd key, is playing on a server proof for you? Uhm... no.
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 8:51 PM
If your on a server I'm on I'll definatly say you've got a legit copy but I'm not Kurgan so my 2cents on this means nothing. "There can be only one" and Kurgan is the one.

Edited after Insane Sith made his post.

Yup looks like the Higher-ups have spoken. Looks like You'll need that photo or scan, OR maybe You'll be super unlucky and this cdkey won't work either, darn software pirates.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 8:51 PM
I need to know why, I did what you guys said and sent it
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 8:53 PM
I need to know why, I did what you guys said and sent it How do we know you didn't use a key that was provided with a warez'd copy? You have to give us actual proof you bought a real copy of the game.
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 8:54 PM
sent what? the picture? a fruitcake? a letter? a memo to yourself?
You need to clarifiy what your talking about.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 9:01 PM
you gotta be kidding me...
Isn't it possible that I can get a fake reciceipt, a fake box, a face CD, those are more probale than a working cd-key dont you think?
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 9:02 PM
I'll say w/e you want (even if its a lie), as long as you keep me on lucasforums
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 9:06 PM
Isn't it possible that I can get a fake reciceipt, a fake box, a face CD, those are more probale than a working cd-key dont you think? Perhaps, but if you want to lie to us and use fake stuff, we can't stop you. But whatever.
 Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 9:07 PM
Isn't it possible that I can get a fake reciceipt, a fake box, a face CD, those are more probale than a working cd-key dont you think?

...No. Not at all.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 9:15 PM
UH!! come on!! I dont have my reciept, and i cant get a picture!! is that CLEAR? I have no clue why you even made these, do you hate your fellow player? huh? your all driving me mad!! DONT BAN ME FROM LUCAS ARTS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ! my only way to prove is on a server, whose key is never used before, SO ITS LEGIT. dont amny ppl use illegal cds keys, anyway?
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 9:42 PM
were not saying people don't use illegal cdkeys but if they do, they don't play online. When they try to play and find out they can't they come here to try to "convince" people someone managed to get their cdkey or generate it with magical d&d dice while chanting some obscure lost massassi hymn. It doesn't matter what you say at this point, if you can't provide proof (a photo,scan,ect) then ur as good as gone. I could easily call up a friend and say hey lemme use ur cdkey to play RC but I'm guessing that as soon as the validation server picked up on the fact that 2 cdkeys, exactly identical cdkeys are in use they'd stop that pretty quick. Just a guess.
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 9:54 PM
At least Oidar can slightly understand... But you other three seem to be out their to destroy ppl reputations.

I have no friends- shut up. I live my life on my comp, or working so i can play games.

Really wanna know why i said EBGames. everyone goes there. If i dont go to eb for a game, ppl in school mock me cus I'm n00b and a fagat. I thought you would be the same. I was right. You guys are out for justice too much, so much that you condemn the innocent. I hope your happy. This is why I hate you guys. I come here with a request, not thinking some people looking to condemn others to tarnish were going to accuse me of outrageoues things.Tell me I cant prove it, and I'm no longer allowed on Lucas Forums anymore. Once again, I hope your happy, cus I'm not.
 TK-8252
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
You could just get your mom to take a picture of your box or CD and you could post it here, and make them all look like asses. After all you still have like... 19 hours? But you seem to insist on posting your life story instead... I don't get it.
:confused:

Just post a picture of it already!
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Shut-up, shut up everyone!! I dont want anyone elses 2 cents on the matter, I'm screwed. SHE wont take a picture cus shes a bitch and hated this computer.
 Mike Windu
03-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Perhaps you ought to find an alternate way to get the picture.

Your father...perhaps?

Also: telling others to shut up when we're trying to help you sort this out = bad
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
how can you add pictures, i got the pic

C:\Documents and Settings\--\My Documents\My Pictures\StarWars Art\boxpic
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
None of your friends have digital cameras or webcams that you could use?

Oh if your trying to post an image host it here

http://imageshack.us/)
 PhireStorm
03-08-2005, 10:33 PM
 Oidar
03-08-2005, 10:51 PM
There we go, none to difficult was it. Now we wait for the final word from Kurgan.
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Now was that so hard? No.

Why couldn't you just do that from the beginning instead of wasting our time with crap?
 Nokill
03-09-2005, 3:37 AM
well that whas a long read :o
 PhireStorm
03-09-2005, 6:41 AM
IT WAS HARD.
MY mom is so angry with me cua i took her camera w/out her looking. she took the Commando away!!
All i can now use is the nocd key, and i cant reinstall it
 Kurgan
03-09-2005, 8:16 AM
Fine, you won't be banned for this, so what did you want us to do for you again?

Try as we might, using any third party "cd crack" is simply not supported, by us or by LucasArts. If you were really interested, you'd have to contact the person who authored the thing.

Most games these days just expect you to have the cd in the drive when playing. Maybe it's inconvenient, but that's how it is. So if you want to make a legit copy of your game and use it, that's your business.

For Republic Commando PC tech support, go here:

http://63.169.70.223/os.asp?sid=151256050218063169070126&pid=1392&pnm=Star+Wars+Republic+Commando%99)

Or call LA's tech support line here: 1-415-507-4545 (long distance charges may apply, better check with your parents before calling!).

LucasArts's Official Tech Support Forums.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/category.jspa?categoryID=11)

In the future I can only offer some advice for you:

1) Don't buy used games that use a CD Key (especially if it's printed on the outside cover where somebody could copy it down). If you get a bum key, always consider returning it to the store first. If that fails, try contacting the game company and explain your case, and perhaps they'll issue you a new key.

2) Don't use CD cracks that can screw up your game unless you're willing to accept the consequences.

3) Don't share your CD key with others, even friends, who might use it and be logged on at the same time or give it out to still more people, making it so you can't play anymore.

4) Try not to sound like you're using warez if you're not, on a fan forum for the game. ;)

5) Don't be afraid to uninstall and reinstall your game. Tons of us who want to get our games working have figured that one out. If you don't want to put in the time, don't expect it to fix itself. This is the third most commonly used method of fixing a non-working game, next to updating video/sound card and DirectX drivers.

6) Last but not least, ALWAYS save your receipt. It might seem silly if the thing works, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Most of the time the max you can return any piece of merchandise without an extended warranty is like 30-60 days. So save it AT LEAST that long on any purchase you make say over 5 bucks. It's worth it in the long run and will save you headaches in the future.

Sorry if any of the posts you got sound smartalecky or rude, but we've dealt with a lot of people having similar problems who turned out to be pirates trying to weasel their way through a free lunch in the faces of everyone else here who got the game legitly. Perhaps we're cynical and jaded... So for what it's worth I'm sorry for any trouble you got in on our account.

Good luck making things right with your parent(s)!
 PhireStorm
03-09-2005, 4:57 PM
I decided to be content woth the fact that i can only play online on my servers (I have to, my mom took the cds away). Thx for not Banning me, I really got stressed out about it
 Oidar
03-09-2005, 5:16 PM
now correct me if I'm wrong. BUT since the game hasn't been patched and there are nocd cracks out there
(PSA I do no support the use of a NoCD crack in anyway at all unless it is released but the company that developed the game)
but if you installed the game using those 2 original cds, along with an original, working cdkey then simply using a nocd crack would allow you to play online without the use of "said" original cds that your mother took.
 PhireStorm
03-09-2005, 5:25 PM
I thought you need the cds to boot the game?

If I'm gonna get banned, I wont use one. I can wait. I can do other stuff, right?:confused:
Page: 1 of 2