Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

do KOTOR 1 mods work with KOTOR 2 mods?

Page: 1 of 1
 insane_pyro28
03-06-2005, 8:03 PM
I have a couple mods for KOTOR 1 that I wanna use on KOTOR 2 also

so I was wondering since they use the same engine and all that good stuff if the same mods will work with KOTOR 2?

and if not then is there a way somebody can convert a mod for me?
 SuperSquall
03-06-2005, 8:23 PM
Most KotOR I Mods will not work with KotOR 2. There may be a couple types of mods that work but the vast majority won't. If you want to request a mod conversion then just mosey over to the Mod request thread here (or PM the creator of the mod) and bring it up.

Be warned: some types of mod conversions are currently impossible. If you want an exact set of robes or something ported directly across I'm not sure if it will work. If, however, you just want a skin of an old robe applied to the new robe model in TSL then that is relatively easy to do.
 tsunamipunk
03-06-2005, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by insane_pyro28
I have a couple mods for KOTOR 1 that I wanna use on KOTOR 2 also

so I was wondering since they use the same engine and all that good stuff if the same mods will work with KOTOR 2?

and if not then is there a way somebody can convert a mod for me?

Depends on the mod. Head reskins work well if there is an existing kotor 1 model in kotor 2 for you to convert it to. And they are reletively easy to convert. Anything else will likely crash your game.
 General Kenobi
03-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Yep, I put the unlimited feats & powers mod for KOTOR I into TSL.

Gave me all the old powers minus the new ones and white box icons and would crash..

I"d request one be converted. I"d like to see the all feats & powers one for TSL most def.

:)
Page: 1 of 1