Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW DVD question

Page: 1 of 1
 jedispy
03-05-2005, 7:55 PM
Is there an exhaustive list of the easter eggs in the Star Wars Trilogy DVDs?

Is there more than the retarded blooper reel?
 jedispy
03-06-2005, 4:26 PM
Well it's a nice website, but it doesn't mention the easter eggs in the SW tril DVD. Are there more easter eggs than JUST the blooper reel??
 Zappa_0
03-06-2005, 6:54 PM
I think thats it, thats what the others had aswell. :(
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2005, 3:10 AM
c'mon, the blooper real are the only eggs on any sw dvd ever..... except episode I, which is a 2 hour blooper reel :D

mtfbwya
 Prime
03-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
except episode I, which is a 2 hour blooper reel :D A blooper real that went to the tune of a few hundred million. :)
 jedispy
03-07-2005, 10:57 AM
CURSE GEORGE LUCAS AND EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR!!!!!

come on man! I just want some freaking deleted scenes and stuff like that. Is that too much to ask?

I hates me sum George Lucas!! he's Tricksie!!! We hates mastah!!

....but of course I'm still going to stand in line for hours upon hours when ROTS comes out.

Moo.
 El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 9:06 AM
He's probably saving a lot of things for the Release of the six movie pack. And if you think about it, that'd be the best place to unleash a lot of the extra features and such.
 jedispy
03-08-2005, 11:07 AM
CURSE GEORGE LUCAS AND HIS UNHUMAN SOUL!!!

But I'm still probably going to buy it.

Moo
 Doc Valentine
03-16-2005, 7:54 PM
It would be nice to see some deleted scenes, but thinking from the stand point of how long ago it was made and that they weren't hinking of DVD's when they made it, It might be hard to obtain their old material, if they even kept it.
 jedispy
03-17-2005, 2:33 AM
Well I'm certain Lucasfilm has all of the original footage. Seriously. I would be willing to bet that he just didn't put it in this DVD set because it just means more and more money. Think about it.

*Releases VHS version of original trilogy in the 80s. People buy it
*ReReleases original trilogy as Special Edition in theaters. People pay to see it
*Releases SE on VHS in 90s. People buy it.
*Releases SE on DVD around turn of century, but fools us all into thinking that there is actual additional content. People buy it.
*Lucasfilm releases Super Special Edition (we're not kidding this time folks) just like Lord of the Rings (rip off) extended versions. Includes all deleted scenes, commentaries, bloopers, etc..... People buy it.

I tell you it just makes me mad. Mad that I didn't come up with Star Wars and be in George Lucas' place that is.
 Kurgan
03-24-2005, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
It would be nice to see some deleted scenes, but thinking from the stand point of how long ago it was made and that they weren't hinking of DVD's when they made it, It might be hard to obtain their old material, if they even kept it.

We know that the deleted scenes exist. You can find them on the internet. Likewise you can find them on the Behind the Magic CD-ROM that was released for windows PC's back in 1998.

The thing is, all he'd have had to do is clean up the quality of these very short clips and slap them on the DVD. Done!

Granted, the BTM cd only featured clips related to ANH, but others exist. You can see a couple of them (like Threepio ripping the "Beware of Wampas" sticker off of the door in ESB) in the documentary and trailers, but still, the point is it would be nice to be able to jump right to those scenes and view them in quality comparable to the rest of the movies.

Luke messing around with a droid and hoping in to his Landspeeder to go meet his friends... Luke going to Toschi Station and talking to Biggs... Luke and Biggs talking about the Academy before they part ways again... and the old Cantina scene with different lines, different aliens and Han Solo's "old flame" (or a bar wench, we never find out for sure). Those were featured on BTM.

There's even a 1 second long clip of the heroes in the sand storm in ROTJ out there on the 'net.

It's not like the deleted scenes for the prequels where Lucas needed to spend millions of dollars to add CGI and such to them to make them "finished." All he'd need to do is remove the dirt from the frames (or he could be cheap and not even do that, they'd still be better quality than the clips floating around the 'net).

It's not like the set sucks without them, but you'd think Lucas would have gone the extra mile for the fans and give them something they've wanted to see for 20 years. BTM is really hard to find these days, and it's nowhere near DVD quality.

Btw, word has it that the OT is coming to theaters again in 2007, IN 3-D! So there's your new version right there.
 Darth Groovy
03-25-2005, 4:30 AM
Various back issues of the Star Wars Insider have detailed easter egg lists.

As far as bloopers go, the absolute BEST and most complete list I have ever read is in the The Unofficial Book of Star Wars Trivia

The writers in THIS book found things in the film I NEVER noticed, until I read this, and at the time, has had me damn near break the pause button on my VCR.

more info here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1840240245/qid=1111742908/sr=1-496/ref=sr_1_496/102-7650495-3109724?v=glance&s=books)
 Kurgan
03-25-2005, 9:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Various back issues of the Star Wars Insider have detailed easter egg lists.

As far as bloopers go, the absolute BEST and most complete list I have ever read is in the The Unofficial Book of Star Wars Trivia

The writers in THIS book found things in the film I NEVER noticed, until I read this, and at the time, has had me damn near break the pause button on my VCR.

more info here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1840240245/qid=1111742908/sr=1-496/ref=sr_1_496/102-7650495-3109724?v=glance&s=books)

I wonder if my library has that book? Sounds cool, though I see by the date that it's a little behind Lucas's editing frenzy (1998, so that wouldn't include the new DVD changes).
 quigonnjinn
04-24-2005, 2:42 PM
Has anyone heard of this Faking It column?

This "writer's" telling people how to fake their way through Star Wars. Check it out. http://www.dose.ca/starwars)

He's asking people to vote if EPIII is going to Rock or Suck :eek:

You should read this dude's thing man.
 daventry
11-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Why did Goerge Lucas made Star Wars 4 5 6 and now Star Wars 1 2 3.
 daventry
11-19-2005, 4:45 PM
 daventry
11-19-2005, 5:23 PM
Cool info and Deleted Pics. :)
 Jan Gaarni
11-19-2005, 7:23 PM
Supershadow is full of lies, so I removed the link.
No need to corrupt young (and old) minds more than needed.
 daventry
11-19-2005, 7:44 PM
Well im a young mind and the site looks great, but if your right about it, then thanks for leading me back to the good side of the Jedi way. He he. :)
 daventry
11-20-2005, 2:04 AM
That supershow website is ok, but some stuff are confusing me and is full of nonsense.
 Jan Gaarni
11-20-2005, 3:53 AM
Also, try not to spam too much. And don't ask the same question over and over again. If it's not answered it's either because noone knows, or because they don't feel like it.

As for the question, it's because 4-5-6 was the most important parts to be told, and appearantly the easiest parts to be told visually. And at first when he decided to make Ep.4, he was even unsure if he would ever be able to tell that part of the story as a whole (meaning to also be able to make Ep. 5 and 6).
 master_skywalke
11-20-2005, 4:56 AM
c'mon, the blooper real are the only eggs on any sw dvd ever..... except episode I, which is a 2 hour blooper reel :D

mtfbwya
Ep.6 also featured 1 hour blooper reel :D
Page: 1 of 1