Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems (screen goes black)

Page: 1 of 1
 aragorn256
03-05-2005, 5:26 AM
I have bought the game today and I face the following problem
After 2 minutes of game everything inside the HUD goes black and it doesn't get back except if you change the graphic options. And after that it plays normally for 2 minutes and does the same thing again. The game is the original copy bought from Papasotiriou and my machine is a laptop
with the following:

LucasArts System Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars Republic Commando

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Installation

Path C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\LaunchRC.exe

DirectX

Version 9.0c

Display devices

Device ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 Series
TnL Yes
Pixel shader 2.0
Vertex shader 2.0
Driver ati2dvag.dll
Version 6.14.10.6414
VendorId 4098
DeviceId 20048

Sound devices

Device БнбрбсбгщгЮ гсбммЮт #2 мьнфем (еопмпЯщуз)
Driver
Version

CPU

Device Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Total 2
Speed 3159 MHz
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 Yes
3DNow No

RAM

Total 511 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP
Version Service Pack 2

Drives

Name C:
Device HITACHI_ DK23FA-80 SCSI Disk Device
File system NTFS
Total 76317 MB
Available 31988 MB

Name D:
Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14RA

Can anyone help me? I have only two days in the week and I need to play the game.
 Joetheeskimo
03-05-2005, 6:37 AM
That's strange...you've got the proper Vertex and Pixel Shader...an Ati Radeon...I can't see what the problem is...

btw, what do you mean by "I've only got two days in the week"? Do you mean you only have two days to live? :xp: Two days of free time...?
 avonnied
03-07-2005, 6:00 PM
i would recommend looking in the trouble.doc in your RC directory/Install/docs/

there is a lot of good QC information (LA is very good at testing different hardware)..

scroll down and see if there is anything specific on your chipset..

(not home so can't look for you)..

i know that they recommend the ATI Catalyst 4.10 and have issues on some chipsets with earlier catalyst drivers (no idea which ones you are using as i don't know the ATI internal versioning)..
 Oidar
03-07-2005, 6:49 PM
also try the flush command in your console and see what that does.
 El Sitherino
03-07-2005, 7:09 PM
Have you updated your drivers?
 Pad
03-12-2005, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Have you updated your drivers?
Thatґs indeed what you need to do.

Iґve had the same problem where my hud goes black for a while but after updating with the catalyst driver for radeon the problem went away.
 AIVAS
03-17-2005, 3:01 PM
Forgive the technically uninclined, but this seems to hapen to me to. Actually, I still have my HUD and everything using tactical mode visor, yet everything else, the wolrd I'm in goes black. I was hoping this was an issue with the game itself, so that I wouldn't need to start getting all the papers for my hardware. >_<
 Pad
03-17-2005, 3:05 PM
What graphics card are you using?

If it is an ATI Radeon, install the new Catalyst and your problem will be solved. ;)
 AIVAS
03-17-2005, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Pad
What graphics card are you using?

If it is an ATI Radeon, install the new Catalyst and your problem will be solved. ;)

Yep, shame the computer I have it instaleld on can't be connected to the internet at the moment. Ah well, I'll look for the new Catalyst later. Any idea where I can find it? *is a technical N00B*
 Pad
03-17-2005, 4:19 PM
Page: 1 of 1