Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

W.I.P.: Mandalorian Wars Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 Lorden Darkblade
03-04-2005, 3:13 PM
Ok, here I am for the first time about to finish a MOD. LOL (*looks around* [Darth Vader]There will be no one to stop us now![Darth Vader]
Ok I made some new items and modified 2 robes.
A Jedi and a Sith one, I'll post pics as soon as I can.
I'm still working on how the items will be achived and I need a lil help on one thing, what is the name .utc file of a datapad? And how to I write a log in it?
After that I just have some final polishments to make and I'll post exactly what each item does and how many items it will be.
I can tell for sure that EACH party member will have 1 or if possible 2 unique items each.
Also, of course since this is my first try at MODs, I tried not to use .2da files to prevent future problems and there can be just 1 bug: When it is supposed to get the items, since this is my first attempt at scripting alone either LOL.
So only thing it can't go wrong are the items :p I guess.. :(
I'll keep you guys updated.

[EDIT]: RELEASED!
CHECK MY SIG FOR THE LINK.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-04-2005, 6:38 PM
Ok I got news.... but they are bad news....
I can't finish the MOD cuz I'm having problems with the Kotor Tool, I can't extract or save the items.
I posted the error I get in the Kotor Tool thread, don't know how long till I get help and fix it.
Most weird was it was working, then like magic it did it for the first time before this latest version.
And the same keeps happening in the new version, so I'll have to wait till I can fix this....
Sorry all....
 Lorden Darkblade
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Ok, thanks to Fred Tetra as usual :D he found out what was wrong, but while he thinks on how to fix it I found a way around and can again finish my MOD :D :D :D :cool:
So wait up people cuz there is not much more to do :D
 ChAiNz.2da
03-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Ok, thanks to Fred Tetra as usual :D he found out what was wrong, but while he thinks on how to fix it I found a way around and can again finish my MOD :D :D :D :cool:
So wait up people cuz there is not much more to do :D
Excellent news!
I tried to PM you but your box was full... glad to see it's working (or working around at least ) ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
03-06-2005, 12:10 AM
FULL!??!! :eek:
Weird... Ok I'll go there and delete even the sent messages.
Thanks for the heads up :)
 Lorden Darkblade
03-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok I got pics of the robes.
Tell me what you guys think (also remeber this is my first try at recoloring. NOT reskinning)

Robe 1 (http://img97.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img97&image=sith9ha.jpg)

Robe 2 (http://img97.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img97&image=jedi5fv.jpg)

As it is noticeable I just made some minor modifications.
Now please opinions. Either good or bad.
 dakota6789
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Great. Looks very realistic and the coloring is much better.
 CodeDrifter
03-07-2005, 11:41 PM
The robe's or great but I don't like the Dark part on the Jedi Robes
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Great. Looks very realistic and the coloring is much better.

The robe's or great but I don't like the Dark part on the Jedi Robes

What you think I should change on it then?

That's all? Noone else has opinions? I need more so I can decide if I release it like that or modify them more.
All else is done, I'm making sure people like the recolors I made.
 Drakonnen
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Go with whatever you like firs and foremost. I think they look good.

If you're going to change the second one though, I think it tricks the eye a bit that the tabbard part is dark brown like the cloak, so it almost looks connected (although it could just be the lighting). Maybe make that part slightly lighter, like a tan color to closer match the boots and give it some distinction from the cloak?

It'll give it a more Mace Windu type look, given the color of his robes, I think. However it looks good as it is also, like I said, so maybe try it that wa if you're inclined but stick with what you like most.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok I changed now, which one is best:

This (Old one) (http://img97.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img97&image=jedi5fv.jpg)

Or

This (New one) (http://img223.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img223&image=jedi11tu.jpg)

Again all opinions are appreciated :)
 Darth_ToMeR
03-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Nice. So how did you recolor it?
I think the old one is better, because the new one looks too much like other robes in the game.
I can't see the dark robe, becasue the picture is low quality. Did you save it with paint? If yes, can you save it with photoshop?
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Here it is Darth_ToMeR :

Here am I :p (http://img232.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img232&image=sith9pu.jpg)
 Darth_ToMeR
03-08-2005, 1:23 PM
Good job.
 TheShady
03-08-2005, 1:39 PM
Kreia has got a huge ass on one of the robe-pictures :D

They look very nice! Good colors!
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 8:27 PM
Ok, before I release it tomorrow just 1last question, what if I "merge" the two Jedi robes into one?
Like the brown pants with the darker brown chest?
After I get the answers on this I'll see what I do and release the MOD tomorrow.
 CodeDrifter
03-08-2005, 8:47 PM
Yeah, I'd definatly at least incorporate the original robe style, but I do like these new ones.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-08-2005, 8:54 PM
That's not what I meant I'm not going to send one as the normal robes.
I asked what people think about merging the 2 Jedi robes into 1.
The 2 white/brown robes I made into 1 with both the chest and legs modified.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-10-2005, 8:00 PM
Ok, since I heard the model ahs been cracked I'm here to ask a help from any modeller on TSL.
If possible I would like to ask to make an armored robe.
The ones here that saw the Clone Wars Cartoon knows what I'm talking about, its the armor used by Obi Wan.
Of course the modeller will take all the credits for it, I will just put it on my mod.
Of course, like I said before, all credits on the model will belong to the modeller.
I know this won't be easy to do but I really really would like someones help to do it.
I can skin it, I can't model it.
To those that didn't saw the cartoon, Obi Wan had a kinda of clonetrooper armor and on the chest he had a robe and a cloak.
Well in TSL just keep those 2 lines that form a V in the chest and let the robe be the cloak.
If anyone can do it please, post here or PM me.
 Lorden Darkblade
03-11-2005, 6:09 PM
I release it. Check my sig for it.

[EDIT]: if any Moderator can, please change title to:
[TSL] Mandalorian Wars Pack: Released
 Guyver619
03-11-2005, 7:50 PM
Just my opinion, but why would you need a modeller to make the armored robe? Couldn't you simply reskin a normal robe, and make it into a new item? I mean if all that's really changing is the 'under-robes' then I'd think reskinning would be the easiest thing to do.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-11-2005, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by Guyver619
Just my opinion, but why would you need a modeller to make the armored robe? Couldn't you simply reskin a normal robe, and make it into a new item? I mean if all that's really changing is the 'under-robes' then I'd think reskinning would be the easiest thing to do.
Won't work.

The robe's model itself has defined curves and dimensions. Skinning 'armor' over the robe model will fold the armor into the folds of the robe. You can't flatten the chest pieces just by the skin itself....or 'bulge' it out for armor plates...

You can try however, I've been wrong many times before ;) hehehe I just don't think you'd be as happy with the results as you would with a correct model...
Page: 1 of 1