Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

-Holo Droid- Emitter band (Available at PcGameMods.com)

Page: 1 of 1
 Dak Vesser
03-03-2005, 8:17 AM
My first mod that's compatible for both PC and Xbox

I have just finished a two week long project. My Holo Droid Emitter Armband mod. It's very experimental and is multi purpose. This Arm band acts as an on/off switch that activate/deactivates a Holo droid.

The Holo Droid is a Syntry droid Hologram that when active, follows you around & has the ability to do multiple things such as:

Defend your PC against enemies..This droid is very Combat efficient. It's packing
two Carth Blasters, one Droid Multi-spectral Emitter, One Carbon Emitter,
and an Energy mark III shield. It's dexterity is very high so it can't miss it's
target. It has Master Rapid Shot which is all it needs. Since it's a syntry droid,
there is no animation for Power blast or Sniper Shot.

Add & Remove Party characters,

Add & Remove Non- Party characters into your party,

Add and assign (for the first time) Puppets to whatever character you choose. So far there's three puppets available in my mod how ever, it doesn't work very well on Peragus, since the party selection it locked.

This droid can warp you almost anywhere, including all areas in the Droid Planet.

It can also Play Movies and pazaak too

Version 1.2 is now available here:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14529.html)

There are some some issues that I need to clear up here:

When you use the Droid to add a puppet to a party member, the party member needs to be taken out of the active party and then re-selected in order to see the puppet next to him or her. The puppet will appear next to the party member just like Bao Dur's Remote does, and will follow the party member all around where ever you take it in the game. This includes the non-party members as well. The only problem I've noticed is Peragus, Since the party selection option is locked, you can't re-select the party member, and the droid can't bring both party member and puppet out. I'll need to find scripts for that somehow..

Be careful with the warp option. I would make sure to finish Peragus all together before messing around with the "add party function" and "warp function" all together. It would be better to just wait untill you get to the Cidadel Station just to be safe....

Because I'm an Xbox modder, I don't have any Screenshots of this mod, but if someone who would be so kind as to make some screenies for me and post them in this thread, would be a good friend to me...

Let me know what you think about this experimental Mod..
 shosey
03-03-2005, 8:21 AM
sounds very cool! I have some plans to do somehting with puppets here when I finish a run though of the game. Let me ask you this, can you add and remove puppets at will? In other words. If I add a puppet to a character - can I then take the puppet away again?
 Dak Vesser
03-03-2005, 8:58 AM
I have not found a script definition in nwscript.nss the has

DestroyPupByTemplete() or DestroyPupByTag

they are nowhere to be found

You can re-assign them but in order to remove them, but you'll need to remove the actual party member it was assigned to. Remove the Owner, you remove the puppet.

ReSpwan the character back to the game, you'll need to re- level him or her.

The thing about my mod is that the holo droid can assign the puppet to the party member. It can even re-assign the same puppet to another. But if you use the Droid to re-select the party member back to the active party, the puppet will be gone. This is because the droid is re adding the party memeber to the party as if it wasn't there in the first place.

You need to use the menu option to re-select the party member in order to see the puppet...

I know that kinda sux!

Someone's gonna to need to figure this out..

Oh yeah - Xcom I got your post earlier but there was a server problem which caused my reply to mass post five times. So I had to delete the thread and restart it. The server kept freezing and so I kept re submitting the reply and that caused the mass post..:mad:

Sorry about that..
 Dak Vesser
03-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I forgot to add a readme file about the appearance.2da and spells.2da so I"ll put it here.

The appearance.2da was used to make sure that Bastila
doesn't freeze up the game if you try to dis robe her
same thing with Carth.. I had to change the Underwear
model entries for both of them. Plus I changed the Casual
wear on the main play characters to the Onderon Out
fits which you can can change back..

The spells.2da: Row Label 282 is where I added the
holo droid emitter. this tells the armband to start
the hl_dr_emtr.dlg when activated.

If you want to move that down from RowLabel 282 to say
"312" then make sure that you change the number in the
subtype to 312 in the "holo_dr_emitr.uti" file. You
can use GFF editor to open that file. Look in
"PropertiesList",unfold it and you'll find the
Subtype.. That needs to match the RowLabel number in
spells.2da

hope that helps..
 Keiko
03-03-2005, 3:23 PM
Got my copy, and I was.....er......Amazed:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: AWESOME, I love it!
 envida
03-03-2005, 5:04 PM
This is a very cool mod. A keeper for me. And great that you make your mods work with the xbox too :cool:
 Dak Vesser
03-03-2005, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by envida
This is a very cool mod. A keeper for me. And great that you make your mods work with the xbox too :cool:

Thank you.. It was modded from the Xbox..well, all the files came from the my modded Xbox. I just FTPed the files to my laptop and edited them with Kotor Tool and GFF editor. :cool:
 madog
03-03-2005, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by DarthSmallz
Got my copy, and I was.....er......Amazed:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: AWESOME, I love it!

geez that droid does a lot i shall get it
 Darkkender
03-03-2005, 9:01 PM
WOW!!

I guess Darth333 doesn't need to do a TSL spawning/warping armband afterall.

On a note about the destroypupbytag feature. All you should have to use is a destroyobject by tag script function.
 DarkReborn
03-04-2005, 2:16 AM
i cant see the dialogs letters! or the armband's name! what's wrong with my game! i have spanish pc version
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2005, 2:20 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
WOW!!

I guess Darth333 doesn't need to do a TSL spawning/warping armband afterall.

On a note about the destroypupbytag feature. All you should have to use is a destroyobject by tag script function.

"DestroyObjectByTag " Will indeed destroy the puppet but unfortunately, it doesn't un-assign it, that's the only problem there - In fact I use that script to tell the droid to delete an un-assigned puppet that's lingering because It got re-assign.

For some reason, when a puppet get's spawned and assigned for the first time, or get's re-assigned to another available npc, it needs to be deleted so it doesn't show up as two or you'll get one puppet following it's assigned npc, and the "Twin" puppet standing around.

And about the warp function, I hope Darth333 isn't mad at me for that, Besides the warping function in my holo droid is crude and needs improvment.

Darth333 should still make the TSL spawning/warping armband anyway. My droid can't warp to certain places wothout triggering cut-scenes or warping right in the middle of group of enemies..

And it doesn't set variables to prevent problems, like the Ebon Hawk's Galaxy map, still locked because the variable that determines if Atton's bound for Telos dialog was fired, never actually got triggered..

So I hope the Darth333 can make a Warp fuction that sets the varibles as it warps..
:)

Originally posted by DarkReborn

i cant see the dialogs letters! or the armband's name! what's wrong with my game! i have spanish pc version

Sorry about that.. My mod is set to English, not Spanish. What you need to do is change the Language ID to 4 in all the .UTC, and .UTI files in my mod.

If you don't know how, then here's how you do it:

1- Open every .utc and .uti file you find in my Mod, Use GFF editor to open them.

2- When you open the file, look for an entry field called "FirstName" in the left side of GFF editor,

3- On the right side of GFF Editor, you'll see a box that says "Language ID". Change the number from 0 to 4, then hit add. These numbers represent a language: 0= English, and 4=Spanish..

4- After you hit the "add" button, you 'll need to re-name the character's name in the box below.

5- After you put the name in, don't forget to click on the "FirstName" entry field back in the left side again. That will set it to recognise both 0-English and 4- Spanish - being the added LanguageID number.

(Make sure, you do that to all of the .uti and utc files you find)....

Now as far as the dialog files being a concern, I'm not sure if they have a laungauge set that needs to be changed... maybe not.

Hope this helps..
 DarkReborn
03-04-2005, 2:23 AM
please can someone give a solution for my problem!
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2005, 3:13 AM
Originally posted by DarkReborn
please can someone give a solution for my problem!

Please read the instructions I posted above...
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2005, 5:36 AM
TSL Holo Droid Emitter Band1.1 is now available.. The link has been place in the first post at the top of this thread..

A small Fix was needed. Handmaiden wasn't being added to the party.

Enjoy
 Xcom
03-04-2005, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by Dak Vesser

Oh yeah - Xcom I got your post earlier but there was a server problem which caused my reply to mass post five times. So I had to delete the thread and restart it.

Oh, good you mention this coz I was thinking I oughtta take a break. Making imaginary posts and all that could be the first sign of nervous breakdown. :D

BTW, how 'bout Holo Bastila Emitter? You already had that somewhere, eh? :p

I mean droid puppet is good and all, but surely, Bastila will be better.
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2005, 6:11 AM
Originally posted by Xcom
Oh, good you mention this coz I was thinking I oughtta take a break. Making imaginary posts and all that could be the first sign of nervous breakdown. :D

BTW, how 'bout Holo Bastila Emitter? You already had that somewhere, eh? :p

I mean droid puppet is good and all, but surely, Bastila will be better.

That's funny :D You can change it by doing this:

Edit the Droid's utc file, turn off the Hologram by changing it from 1 to 0 - So it's solid looking. After that just change the appearance nuber to 4 - so that way it becomes "Bastila", that is if you're ok with her squeaking like a Astromech droid when you talk to her.. lol :D
Plus I don't think it'll lip synk either..
 Xcom
03-04-2005, 8:22 AM
Yeah, I know. I sort of did that already some time ago, when we were testing puppets. ;)

Bastila makes one nice puppet, especially with her
"eternally yours, master" wavs and "lips" from KOTOR, but unfortunately, one probably can't distribute a mod like this due to cross-game issue.
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2005, 8:41 AM
You can import kotor 1 .wav files to Kotor2, I've tried it already and it works. For the Xbox that is - but try the PC version. I'm pretty sure that it'll work!

The thing is - that the K2 wav files are compressed with a new audio codec but the .exe file will still recognise the old kotor1 sounds! Try it and let me know if I'm right...
 Xcom
03-04-2005, 9:09 AM
You can import kotor 1 .wav files to Kotor2, I've tried it already and it works. For the Xbox that is - but try the PC version.

Yes, like I said, I already did that and it works for PC version as well.
 Darkkender
03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
"DestroyObjectByTag " Will indeed destroy the puppet but unfortunately, it doesn't un-assign it, that's the only problem there - In fact I use that script to tell the droid to delete an un-assigned puppet that's lingering because It got re-assign.

For some reason, when a puppet get's spawned and assigned for the first time, or get's re-assigned to another available npc, it needs to be deleted so it doesn't show up as two or you'll get one puppet following it's assigned npc, and the "Twin" puppet standing around.

And about the warp function, I hope Darth333 isn't mad at me for that, Besides the warping function in my holo droid is crude and needs improvment.

Darth333 should still make the TSL spawning/warping armband anyway. My droid can't warp to certain places wothout triggering cut-scenes or warping right in the middle of group of enemies..

And it doesn't set variables to prevent problems, like the Ebon Hawk's Galaxy map, still locked because the variable that determines if Atton's bound for Telos dialog was fired, never actually got triggered..

So I hope the Darth333 can make a Warp fuction that sets the varibles as it warps..
:)

Just a couple of FYI's even in a custom Recruit mod the above mentioned problems with the new recruit just standing around happens. In fact even the in game scripts to add a party member use the destroyobject function call.

As to the warping function I imagine even if Darth333 creates one you will still run into the cutscene launching problem. Reason be is that each module has it's onenter script that checks variables and the sort. I imagine Darth333 would be spending ages writing the warp band because of each variable involved.:p
 Dak Vesser
03-05-2005, 1:53 AM
I wanted ask anyone who has downloaded my mod, and used it for the PC- Have you been able to warp to any of the areas in the Droid planet? I heard a rumour somewhere that Obsidian took out those area's for the PC, but that may have just been superfisual speculation...

Just wanted to make sure..
 Yodaminch
03-05-2005, 6:17 AM
I tried the droid planets and got a black screen. same with hk factory. Any chance you could add more areas from other planets to the warp feature such as the crystal cave for dantooaine, ithorian compound for telos citadal etc. ?
 Xcom
03-05-2005, 12:39 PM
DAK, as far as I know, HK factory is not in PC version (at least not in my EU version).
 Dak Vesser
03-05-2005, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by Xcom
DAK, as far as I know, HK factory is not in PC version (at least not in my EU version).

You're right, I wasn't sure but now I realize that the PC users can't warp to the HK Factory nor can they warp to any of the areas of the Droid Planet.

The Good thing is that all the rims files in the Xbox's KotorII Modules folder is infact compatible with the PC. All you need to do is download them and place them in your Modules folder.

Someone by the name "balaco" posted a direct download link to a WinRar file that has all of the Rims for the Droid Planet and the HK Factory.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/n.anderson4/Modules.rar)

These files do not go in the Override, they go in the Modules folder..
 DarkReborn
03-05-2005, 4:45 PM
where to dowload a good GFF Editor please put a link
 DarkReborn
03-05-2005, 7:45 PM
yes the dialog files have languageID i have to change them all:( :( :( ! can someone give me the edited files please and thanks!
 Mav
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Cool mod indeed, I will need to get me a copy ;)
 ghando87
02-18-2007, 11:22 AM
pcgamemods.com isn't working for me! and i can't download it and i really want to as it sounds cool! is there anywhere else i can download it?
 90SK
02-18-2007, 1:21 PM
The interface doesn't work, but the file is still there. Here: http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/14529/HoloDroid_Emitter_Mod.zip)
 ghando87
02-18-2007, 4:18 PM
The interface doesn't work, but the file is still there. Here: http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/14529/HoloDroid_Emitter_Mod.zip)

thanks a million!could you please give me the file names for
Master Vrell and Darth Torren Thanks
 90SK
02-18-2007, 6:27 PM
I'm not sure what those are, but you can direct your requests here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699)
 Darth_Reaper
03-04-2007, 7:09 PM
My first mod that's compatible for both PC and Xbox

I have just finished a two week long project. My Holo Droid Emitter Armband mod. It's very experimental and is multi purpose. This Arm band acts as an on/off switch that activate/deactivates a Holo droid.

The Holo Droid is a Syntry droid Hologram that when active, follows you around & has the ability to do multiple things such as:
(snip)

You must not know this but the link...its no good pcgamemods is down and it looks like the site isnt going back online. lets face it the site is dead, down permanently.
 Dak Vesser
03-04-2007, 7:49 PM
Oh Wow! Uh yeah this mod. I almost forgot all about this *mod* heh! Somewhere back in the day I started on a sequel to this crazy droid idea but never finished it. In fact, it was intended for the xbox but was also compatible for the pc, I think.
There were some problems however. The recording cut scene (Exile’s Trial)would hang because the dialog wouldn’t start.

I suppose If anyone's interested, I could continue on it and get it set up for an alpha build after I fix the cut scene issue of course. And then the question is where to upload it(pcgamemods.com is just not happening) & would people actually want it.

Maybe I'll just ask here. Does anybody want to try out this *Not* so stable alpha version of the new & improved Holo Droid? And where's a good place to upload it once I get it ready?
 jedi7000nathan
03-04-2007, 9:43 PM
You must not know this but the link...its no good pcgamemods is down and it looks like the site isnt going back online. lets face it the site is dead, down permanently.
It is Not dead you should wait Oh and Dak You should update your mod and the tsl patcher so that it doesn't conflict with other mods using the spells.2da
 Shem
03-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I suppose If anyone's interested, I could continue on it and get it set up for an alpha build after I fix the cut scene issue of course. And then the question is where to upload it(pcgamemods.com is just not happening) & would people actually want it.I manage the KOTOR section of FileFront and we're a growing site since I took over.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)

I've work with a lot of people in getting their mods up there.
 HK-87
03-11-2007, 7:32 PM
I want it! :D
 Da_man
03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Could you post this great mod on KOTOR Files? I can't download a darn thing from pcgamemods.com becuase this shows up:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(10): db->query('INSERT INTO pag...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/mod.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113
Could someone explain this to me?!:headblast

That's easy to explain, PCGameMods.com is dead, the files are still there but only if you know the direct download link. Also we do have the mod link request thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=167699) you should check that out to see if your requested mod is linked to there.

Just a general FYI to everyone, if you have a problem with where a mod is hosted this is something to do via a Private Message with the mod maker. Sorry folks, but no more of these type of posts ok. -RH
Page: 1 of 1