Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Unhandled Exception Error Number 0x80040707

Page: 1 of 1
 agsktheboss
03-03-2005, 7:46 AM
Sorry is this has already been answered

am having trouble even installing the game. I have run KOTOR in this same machine and runs all the latest games Rome TW, Sims 2, TIger Woods ..........

I get upto the 2nd disc and I get the following error

Unhandled Exception
Error Number 0x80040707
Description: DLL Function call crashed: ISRT._Waitondialog
Setup will now terminate

and it crashes back to the desktop

I also looked up at the installshield page
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108167)

and everything seems OK in my machine

Anyone else having the same problem ?

Thanks for the help
 stingerhs
03-03-2005, 8:39 AM
actually, i've never heard of this problem.

have you tried installing the game on another machine (reguardless as to whether or not it will actually run on that machine)?

if you get the same error message, the source probably lies within the disk itself, which means you'll need a new one. just return it to the store and get a replacement.

if it does install, then you might want to consider checking your registry for problems (which is quite difficult, even for advanced users). for more info, pcworld just release an article that you might want to check out here (http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,119266,pg,1,00.asp).

hope that helps. :)
 agsktheboss
03-03-2005, 8:04 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I solved it by

1) Deleting Program Files\Common Files\Installshield\Engine folder

2) Used a rarely known force power to dunk the cds in water, scrub them well (with a soft cloth, ofcourse) and trying again :D

You know what worked like a charm. I DKDC if it is 1,2 or a combination of both that did the trick.

Anyways onto the game

Thanks once again
 stingerhs
03-04-2005, 6:45 PM
well, so much for the technical approach.... :rolleyes:

glad you got it working right. :)
Page: 1 of 1