Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mistake Correction Armband now up at my site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
03-01-2005, 1:04 AM
Update: Version 1.1 Now up at my site

Hello all,

While I was playing through TSL to get to a point to be able to Mod in Maverick and My Prestiege Class Items Pack, I remembered what irritated me most on the XBox, about all the LS or DS hits you take in conversations, and the cheat codes weren't cutting it, so I took my first stab at an armband to help correct things in the game.

I know this is a pure cheating device, and not something I would usually release, but this also has some potential uses as a modding tool so I have placed it up for download.

It is available from my site here. :emperor: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

Little Warning: Because of people having download problems with my ZIP files I posted this in RAR format, I will be updating all my mods to RAR format in the near future.

From The Readme
--------------------------------------------------
This simple armband mod gives you an armband, that can give you Lightside or Darkside points at will, also it will allow you to gain or lose influence with the NPC's currently in your party, this function works outside the Ebon Hawk only.

I created this armband, my first by the way, because I grew tired of all the LS or DS hits I had to take in conversations to gain influence with a particular NPC, or to complete cartain quests... basically I wanted to be able to play the Lightside or the Darkside my way... and I didn't want to edit a thousand dialog files to do so, this was the easiest solution.

You will have to use the giveitem cheat to get it, this is a purely cheating/testing device after all, "giveitem rh_correction" without quotes.

New in Version 1.1: Added the ability to Increase or Decrease Main PC's Attributes (One or Two points at a time), and Increase or Decrease the Main PC's Skills (One, Two, or Five points at a time). The reason I did this is to ease in Workbench and Item mod testing.

I also added a bigger LS and DS increase option (25 Points), so if you were full on LS and wanted to go full on DS you wouldn't have to use the armband a ton of times to get there.

Installation Instructions:
--------------------------------------------------
First, if you have not already done so, create a folder called "Override", without the quotes, in your KOTOR2 directory.

Unzip these files contained in the .zip, except the 'Source' and 'D3WAIBandUTI' folders, into your KOTOR2 override directory. And then use the giveitem cheat for the armband and that is "giveitem rh_correction" without quotes.

The spells.2da file is compatable with Darth333's Floating Lightsabers mod, as well as her Whereami Armband, though you will have to use the d3_location.uti located in the "D3WAIBandUTI" folder and copy it to your override as well, and if you allready have it in game you will have to cheat for a new one for the changes to take effect.

Enjoy! :D
 ChAiNz.2da
03-01-2005, 2:42 AM
A pure cheating device eh? I think you might need to use your own armband RH as you've gained some DS points with this one ;)

ohh.. wait.. you're the Shadow Lord of the Sithâ„¢ ... nevermind... hehe...

Looks great! :thumbsup:

-----------------------
I think I'm either following your lead or you're reading my diary :eek: 'cuz I too am thinking of .rar converting. I'm tired of WinZip being a prick and not letting me add folders to my archives :rolleyes:
 Sandwyrm
03-01-2005, 3:04 AM
Yay RH! I generally love your mods and was dreading having to use XCom's influence mod so that I can make Mira and Atton tell me their stories and into Jedi. Also T3-M4 is not trust ing me with the final repair. All my problems shall be solved!!!!

Are you working on the Droid project? Because if you are, tell us how it's turnjing out. I'm very interested.
 Darkkender
03-01-2005, 6:23 AM
Nice Redhawke. This might go well for me as I was thinking to try alignment restrictions on items created at a workbench and this will be great for testing that.
 nacho35
03-01-2005, 6:24 AM
Hey Redhawke,

its been a while since I have been here. One day I just completely lost interest in Kotor and stopped playing. However I just picked up sith lords and my interest has been renewed!

Along with a couple of mods that I have downloaded I find myself in need of a certain shade of crimson for my lightsaber. I am not at the lightsaber part of the story yet (just got game yesterday) and was just wondering if that particular shade was in your exile pack?

By the way, can't wait for more of your mods.
 LuxDragon
03-01-2005, 8:57 AM
Uh... How do you use it? I equipped it (Outside the Ebon Hawk) but I'm still get LS/DS hits... And I can't turn it on (If that's what you're supposed to do).

What am I supposed to do?
 Sandwyrm
03-01-2005, 4:22 PM
It is most awesome RedHawke. It works flawlessly. Thing is, for all my LS NPCs (Bao, Mira, Atton, handmaiden, Visas and T3) I already had max influence and was confused as to why it didn't work. Then I got to Kreia and it took me about a minute to get my influence up there. heh.

Anyway, to use it, first you equip it and then there is a slot in your action toolbar that you can activate a sheild. You just browse that bar until you get the one with the red icon. It says mistake correction armband (I think). Just click on it. This doesn't do anything actually in the conversation. You have to use it separate.
 LuxDragon
03-01-2005, 7:26 PM
I'm not seeing the activation icon...
 Mav
03-01-2005, 7:31 PM
I'll give ite whirl ;) I can definetly see where this could come in handy during modding :)
 RedHawke
03-01-2005, 7:48 PM
Thanks everyone! :D
Originally posted by Sandwyrm
Are you working on the Droid project?

Nope...
Originally posted by Darkkender
Nice Redhawke. This might go well for me as I was thinking to try alignment restrictions on items created at a workbench and this will be great for testing that.
My thoughts exactly, that is why I listed it as a potential testing device! ;)
Originally posted by nacho35
I am not at the lightsaber part of the story yet (just got game yesterday) and was just wondering if that particular shade was in your exile pack?
If you mean the RedHawke saber... no it is not in the Exile Pack, I only used the standard saber colors, except silver, I never liked the silver, I used the white one I had instead.

Though RedHawke's Saber will likely be released in TSL it just will take me some time. :)
Originally posted by LuxDragon
I'm not seeing the activation icon...
Then you should try reinstalling the mod, if you miss even one file it won't work right.
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
A pure cheating device eh? I think you might need to use your own armband RH as you've gained some DS points with this one ;)

ohh.. wait.. you're the Shadow Lord of the Sithâ„¢ ... nevermind... hehe...

Looks great! :thumbsup:

-----------------------
Thanks ChAiNz! ;)

I always played out the true Darkside as one who could and would wear a kind face when they needed to to gain power... probably just me though! ;)
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
I think I'm either following your lead or you're reading my diary :eek: 'cuz I too am thinking of .rar converting. I'm tired of WinZip being a prick and not letting me add folders to my archives :rolleyes:
*Quickly hides ChAiNz's diary behind back...*

Who me? :D
 RedHawke
03-03-2005, 9:03 PM
Update, Version 1.1 Now up at my site!

New in Version 1.1: Added the ability to Increase or Decrease Main PC's Attributes (One or Two points at a time), and Increase or Decrease the Main PC's Skills (One, Two, or Five points at a time). The reason I did this is to ease in Workbench and Item mod testing.

EDIT: Drat!... Forgot to note this... I also added a bigger LS and DS increase option (25 Points), so if you were full on LS and wanted to go full on DS you wouldn't have to use the armband a ton of times to get there.

:D
 Darkkender
03-03-2005, 9:07 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Update, Version 1.1 Now up at my site!

:D

This is even better man I used the original for testing on workbench Item creation and just like level restriction untill your alignment meets the requirement it doesn't show up.

This will make things much easier for me even sooner now.
 Greyelf
11-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Before I ask for help, thanks for all the great KoTor and KoTor2 mods. You all do great work.

I have installed this mod and I can not get it to work. I can get the armband with the cheat code and I can equip it to my character. But after I close out the inventory window I can't find it anywhere as a usable item on the play screen. Just to make sure I re-copied all the files into the override folder to make sure I did not miss any files.

Once I have this item equiped, where exactly does it show up on the play screen for me to use it? I assumed it would show up with the shield armbands.

I am pretty sure it is just something simple I am missing, but I can't figure it out.
 Pavlos
11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Everything is definitely in the right place? If so then that is odd- I sometimes get a problem where I cannot use the whereami armband but only after I've warped around testing things. Try starting a new game up and see if it is the files themselves or your savegame.
 RedHawke
11-28-2005, 7:34 AM
I have installed this mod and I can not get it to work. I can get the armband with the cheat code and I can equip it to my character. But after I close out the inventory window I can't find it anywhere as a usable item on the play screen. Just to make sure I re-copied all the files into the override folder to make sure I did not miss any files.
This is quite strange... it sounds like you installed everything correctly.

Did you place the mods files in a subfolder in override, or just in the override?

Once I have this item equiped, where exactly does it show up on the play screen for me to use it? I assumed it would show up with the shield armbands.
You assume correctly, it should come up like any other shield, or armband.

I am pretty sure it is just something simple I am missing, but I can't figure it out.
Try what Pavlos suggested, start fresh on Peragus, and first thing cheat for the armband and see if you can use it then...

If not then I don't know what to say! :giveup:
 Greyelf
11-28-2005, 9:54 AM
Thanks. I'll work with it and see if I can get it to work. I copied all the files into the override folder itself and not a subfolder. I'll try putting them in a sub folder and see if that helps.
 Greyelf
11-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow I was posting a reply and the thread changed on me.

Most excellent! I unzipped the files directly into the override folder instead of copying them over from the folder I keep all my downloads in. The only thing I did not load in was the readme. Everything works fine now.

Thanks again!
 Silent Cricket
01-19-2006, 3:14 PM
Hopefully RH is still around =)

I've copied all the files into my Override folder, cheated the item into my inventory and equipped it....but uh, now what do I do? There's no armbands where they normally are, something I'm missing here RH or anyone else that may know? Thanks!
 RedHawke
01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
^^^^
You activate it like a normal shield armband, if it doesn't appear in the menu to activate it, I really don't know what to tell you.
 Double_Helix_
04-07-2008, 6:01 PM
Hey whats up Guys. I found and installed this mod about three quarters of the way through Peragus and I am not sure how to work it exactly.

It does not show up where other armbands/shields/etc. usually do in the bottom left hand side like I would have expected it to. There is also no options when speaking to NPC's to raise or lower their respective influences.

I have checked this forum as well as google and the readme for instructions but have found none similar to this problem. And yes I am not inside the Ebon hawk :P.

Another note: It is installed in a subfolder (named override1) inside of my override folder. I assumed it would work fine since the console code gave me the armband. The reason for this is because it tries to overwrite the spells.2da which would mess up the expansion of force powers mod that i already have installed.

Thanks.
 RedHawke
04-07-2008, 7:40 PM
Merged your post with my mods release thread, as that is where they are supposed to go. ;)

Another note: It is installed in a subfolder (named override1) inside of my override folder. I assumed it would work fine since the console code gave me the armband. The reason for this is because it tries to overwrite the spells.2da which would mess up the expansion of force powers mod that i already have installed.
Unfortunately this mod needs the spells.2da to work, and the game only accepts one 2da file in the override, the others are ignored.

Since your already installed mod has one it will be incompatble with this mod. Though if you are feeling up to it you can merge them, but you may have other issues to deal with after you merge the spells.2da's, but I do not remember if other file adjustments will have to be made if you do.
 Double_Helix_
04-07-2008, 9:55 PM
Yeah, what im doing is just interchanging the 2da files when i want to use them. By the time im level 20 i will probably have done all of the influence side quests anyway so i will switch the correction armband spells.2da with the force powers one. I have already tried interchanging them whenever i want and no problems seem to arise.

Thanks.
 ajlbibak
04-08-2008, 1:29 PM
Use 2da converter tool to merge the two spells.2da files.
http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/Convert2da.rar)

How to: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174206)
 RedHawke
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
^^^^
But that doesn't solve all the problems... especially if the items files refer to a specific line in spells.2da it will still mess up the mod as the item can be looking to the wrong line cause of the merge until all the affected files are adjusted. Not all 2da files can be easily merged like that and then be expected to work.

[/Public Safety Warning]
Page: 1 of 1