Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm so stupid

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
02-28-2005, 9:03 AM
Guess who was really eager to get a glimpse of this game and thought that it wouldn't do any harm to watch the trailer? Guess who did just that and saw her favourite character being squashed? Guess who is now absolutely terrified that said character will die during the game? Guess who is already developing major depression because of it, even though it will be months before she can even get her hands on the actual product?
 Metallus
02-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :(
 Prosky
02-28-2005, 1:45 PM
what character are you talking about?
 Bucky the Bear
02-28-2005, 2:22 PM
Maybe the squashing took place in somebody's mind, so the worst thing that would happen to "squishy", is they are expelled from that mind.
 Thrik
02-28-2005, 2:31 PM
She's referring to Sasha, who is shown getting crushed beneath the megacensor's stamp.
 itchythesamurai
02-28-2005, 3:37 PM
Are you sure she is talking about Sasha? I think that may be a pretty bold assumption...
 Prosky
02-28-2005, 7:52 PM
where did you see him die? i just saw him get squashed in that preview. :)
 VampireNaomi
02-28-2005, 8:42 PM
Exactly. It's worse because now I keep asking myself whether he died or not. It's probably stupid to be this obsessed with a character when the game itself hasn't been released.
 Metallus
02-28-2005, 9:10 PM
I think it would be a pretty terrible blunder to show a major character, one that gets a lot of face-time in screenies and video clips, getting killed off; I'd imagine that would spoil a rather huge shifting point in the plot of the game. There's a lot we don't know about how Psychonauts works--can someone get killed in their own mind (I think the stamp guys are in Sasha's mind, anyway)? This isn't the Matrix. Also remember that it's a platformer/action-adventure thing, and that someone dying (http://hoempaeg.com/lola.jpg) (spoilers?) may not be part of the plot, so much as it could be a result of you screwing up; perhaps you'd get a do-over. :D
 VampireNaomi
02-28-2005, 9:29 PM
That's what I've been trying to tell myself. However, I learnt long ago that if I like a character in some game, he definitely dies. Sometimes more than once. Like the following:

Domino H, Nick V, Brink, Wolfgang Ritter, Alex, Khan, Oubier, Susarro, Malia G, von Glower, Bruno O, Malcolm C etc. etc.

Edit: and while the scene most likely took place in his mind, it still must have some sort of consequences (unless it's the result of you screwing up, like you suggested). Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to push Raz out of the way -- unless it's only dangerous to get hurt in someone else's mind.
 Prosky
03-01-2005, 6:27 AM
Oh now, don't get down. It is awesome, however, to see you getting so into a character you barely know. I hope this is the way it is for most people who play this game. The characters in this game are so interesting and important that it's going to be difficult to choose a favorite. I know I'm the only one here who's actually played the game, but I'll tell you one of my favorites: nah I can't. Not until it comes out, then I'm just gonna wait until I hear your feedback. I don't want to sway your opinions at all. I just can't wait until release, so I can hear you all chat about all the stuff I've had to keep to myself for so long.
 Metallus
03-04-2005, 11:38 PM
If you want a bit of a spoiler, I believe there's evidence about the answer you seek on this video page (http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/705/705198/vids_4.html), specifically the video called "Angry Mind".
 VampireNaomi
03-05-2005, 1:03 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. The next Psychonauts media I'll enjoy will be the game itself.
 Prosky
03-05-2005, 5:51 AM
Good decision. It's right around the corner!
 AgentJess
05-04-2005, 9:26 PM
I'll clear this up and end yor sadness right now... It's indeed in Sasha's mind, and he lives. I dunno why he bothers pushing Raz away.
Page: 1 of 1