Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old Grim Fandango Preview

Page: 1 of 1
 James Isaac
02-27-2005, 3:27 AM
I found an old 5 page Grim Fandango preview in May 1998 issue of PC Gamer, which I happen to have kept ;).

Is it legal to scan it and put it on my site? It's got some cool information and pictures (including a wireframe view of one of the backdrops :))
 Thrik
02-27-2005, 4:01 AM
I'd imagine so. I seriously doubt that they'd bother chasing it up even if it were slightly illegal, for it is only an old scan.
 Cycloptis
02-27-2005, 7:46 AM
Well, this is my first post, so hello.

I as well have that preview for Grim Fandango, and I remember reading it just a few months ago as well.
 neon_git
02-27-2005, 10:39 AM
welcome cycloptis, good to have you around

I'd love to see that preview, I'd stick it up - I think that would constitute fair use (my friend who's doing law rekons it would anyway) so go for it. And even if it is illegal *and* they chase you up about it, I can't see it being worse than getting a C&D letter.
 VampireNaomi
02-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd love to see the preview as well. I doubt it's illegal at all. Oh, and welcome, Cycloptis!
 El Virus
02-28-2005, 2:33 AM
I used to have a game magazine from my country with a two-page Quiz about Grim Fandango, and a three-page interview with the creators, preview of the game & how to solve the first part of it, from somewhere in 1998/9. This and a game program, with a preview about the game made me buy it.
I've been looking for it since the day I won the game, but I couldn't find it. I'll keep looking, if I do find it, I'll scan it and send it to you guys (Sure, I'll need to plug my scanner first).
 James Isaac
02-28-2005, 7:09 AM
Aww just as I turn on my scanner to try to scan it, it stops working. It made a cracking noise and said scanner failiure =/.

I'll try fixing it or using someone else's scanner to get the preview up.

And, welcome to the forums Cycloptis. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who keeps old magazines :p
 Cycloptis
02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by El Virus
I used to have a game magazine from my country with a two-page Quiz about Grim Fandango, and a three-page interview with the creators, preview of the game & how to solve the first part of it, from somewhere in 1998/9. This and a game program, with a preview about the game made me buy it.
I've been looking for it since the day I won the game, but I couldn't find it. I'll keep looking, if I do find it, I'll scan it and send it to you guys (Sure, I'll need to plug my scanner first).

It's definitely a wonder, as some people I know wouldn't mind seeing them in the recycle.
 El Virus
03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes, the worst of all is that In don't even remember the name of the mag :(
Sorry I forgot, welcome, it's always good to have a new member.
 James Isaac
03-06-2005, 5:35 AM
Yay I used a friend's scanner and got the scans :). When I get back I'll get the file size down and add them to my site. But I'm not sure... how small do you think i'll be able to get the filesize, whilst still keeping the text readable... I'm not sure if i have the room/bandwith on my site. But i'll try anyway.
 James Isaac
03-06-2005, 7:57 AM
 VampireNaomi
03-06-2005, 8:42 AM
That was a really good read. Thanks for showing it to us! :)
 N3mo
03-06-2005, 9:36 AM
Nice rewiew, thanks ;)
Page: 1 of 1