Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xbox controller?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthRevan2102
02-25-2005, 10:22 AM
if i bought an xbox controller converter to pc... would i be able to use it for KOTOR?:confused:
 ChAiNz.2da
02-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by DarthRevan2102
if i bought an xbox controller converter to pc... would i be able to use it for KOTOR?:confused:
Someone else had tried this a ways back, but for the life of me I can't find the thread..

However I believe it is possible. You'll need to get a keymapper for the controller as well. Luckily, tk102 has made such a program and I believe the other post's solution used it as well..

You can get it here:
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/index.html)
 DarthRevan2102
02-25-2005, 11:53 AM
AWESOME!...... but sadly for me im a friggen retard when it comes to somethin like this.... hopefully i can figure it out:p
thanks for ur help.
 DarthRevan2102
02-25-2005, 12:03 PM
if i did this.... would this make my computer need to use the xbox controller for the keys i remapped? for like... other stuff than the game? :confused:
 ChAiNz.2da
02-25-2005, 1:30 PM
I personally couldn't tell you, something better for tk102 to answer ;) But if there's a SAVE function, you could program your mapping and save the file. Then press the Panic key to reset your settings to normal. Whenever you went to play TSL, you could fire up keymapper, load your saved map layout and commence playing.

Again however, tk102 could probably answer this better or might even know a better way...

Good Luck! :)
 DarthRevan2102
02-25-2005, 2:14 PM
ok thanks
 stingerhs
02-25-2005, 7:12 PM
as far as i know, remapping your controller doesn't actually move the keys to the controller. instead, it causes the signals recieved from your controller to be recognized as keystrokes from the keyboard. thus, your keyboard will still function normally, and the controller will work however you set it up to work. :)

but, if i'm wrong, i won't be ashamed to admit it. ;)
 DarthRevan2102
02-26-2005, 5:44 PM
ahhh.... thanks for the input:p
Page: 1 of 1