Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts Screensaver

Page: 1 of 1
 bgbennyboy
02-22-2005, 4:33 AM
Seeing as the official Psychonauts screensaver is so rubbish, I've made one of my own.

Theres 35 images in it and I've used a resampling filter so the images should resize and look fine at any resolution.

Get it here. (http://quick.mixnmojo.com/files/Psychonauts) Screensaver.exe)
 Ray Jones
02-22-2005, 5:53 AM
Errm.. that's great Mr. Boy, but how about a version for x-desktops?? How about punishing the Trek-Doctor to do it?

Yes, I know, how about banning me..

Uuuhh, did I say good job already? :P
 bgbennyboy
02-22-2005, 6:18 AM
Er..I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Have a random quote instead:

Chris(watching a whale jump): Dad, what's the blow-hole for? Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World
 Nath5000
02-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I like the websites screensaver. Its basic but it has that awesome theme song that reminds me of day of the tentacle but with a psychic twist.
 Ray Jones
02-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Wow, that was.. fun?
 MrManager
02-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Nath5000
I like the websites screensaver. Its basic but it has that awesome theme song that reminds me of day of the tentacle but with a psychic twist.

I like the song, but I hate screensavers with sound.
 Thrik
02-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Hee, nice screensaver Benzo. The official one is a little repetitive, and seems more like an excuse just to show off some music from the game. Maybe.

And Ray, try posting something constructive for once. It won't kill you, I swear.
 Jake
02-22-2005, 2:59 PM
Its funny to me to hear how different the Psychonauts theme in that screensaver is from the music in the old 2002 trailer, but it's nice how you can hear many similar themes in both recordings...

Also did anyone else notice that the music in the screensaver is the same song from the current trailer (its the music that people were referring to as "probably placeholder" :)... clearly not placeholder! but sounds better to me with the clarinet solo, and being able to hear the whole thing and all the themes it contains)

... also its nice that you can listen to the tune without installing if you wish.
 Ray Jones
02-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Thrik
Hee, nice screensaver Benzo.
And I thought i said exactly the same, with the difference that simply waiting for the bloody game to come out I didn't care about any Psychonaut-screensavers, so I cutted the rest of the oh-so-constructive part. The other difference is, I said it, not you.

But you are right, as usual, though. :¬:
 trOmme
02-23-2005, 6:03 AM
Originally posted by Nath5000

In fact it's so much alike BeetleJuice
http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif)
 Joshi
02-24-2005, 4:51 AM
It's pretty good as screensavers go and considering my usualy screensaver is a slideshow of all of my pictures, I think I'll be sticking with yours as it's the same, but with funky music and resized pics. The official one was a bit dissapointing, but then, what can you really expect?
 Ray Jones
02-24-2005, 5:39 AM
The less effort in the screensaver, the more in the game?
 Joshi
02-24-2005, 5:45 AM
This close to release, I'm guessing they just slapped something together to keep us quiet for a while.
 bgbennyboy
02-24-2005, 5:52 AM
I think I'll be sticking with yours as it's the same

Not that it really matters but my screensaver is nothing like the official one. The official has no images and has sound. Mine has images and no sound.
 Joshi
02-24-2005, 6:25 AM
i.e. the same as my usual picture slideshow thingie, not the official psychonauts screensaver.
 Gabez
02-26-2005, 9:44 AM
Great idea, benny. I wonder if this screensaver has easter eggs like your other screensaver had? ;)
 bgbennyboy
02-27-2005, 3:45 AM
Hee I forgot about those, I should have put some in. Perhaps with the super-cookchase midi blaring out at full volume.
Page: 1 of 1