Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ROTS preview figures and other pimptastic things... *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 1
 El Sitherino
02-20-2005, 5:50 PM
So today I went to toys r us to get the General Grievous sneak preview figure, ended up getting both that and Mace Windu Unleashed. I should be getting my Wookiee Warrior in the mail soon (tommorow I think).

Anyway, just figured I'd show off some pictures of my new prettys.

My super awesome pimptastical Grievous pose.
General Grievous, picture 1 *minor spoiler* (http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/Star_Wars_Figures/grievous_1.jpg)
General Grievous, picture 2 *minor spoiler* (http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/Star_Wars_Figures/grievous_2.jpg)
General Grievous, picture 3 *minor spoiler* (http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/Star_Wars_Figures/grievous_3.jpg)

And the original BMF.
http://www.boomspeed.com/insanesith/Star_Wars_Figures/windu_unleashed.jpg)
:D
 ZBomber
02-20-2005, 5:53 PM
Yeh, freakin nice. I actually don't have any Unleashed figures yet. And I like the Wookiee the best, he has a nice looking gun. :)
 El Sitherino
02-20-2005, 5:58 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for my wookiee. Today though they had Aayla Secura and Mace, I decided Mace as you can see. But it's been rather hard finding both of them so it was a tough decision, but I think I made the right one. :p
 ZBomber
02-20-2005, 6:01 PM
Unleashed figures are actually pretty common around here. All the collectors in the MA area go after pretty much just 3 3/4 figures, you always see tons of Unleashed and 12 inch figures.

BTW - You have any other Unleashed?
 El Sitherino
02-20-2005, 6:02 PM
Nope, always been too poor. I guess maybe it's here in Texas, we don't get too many Star Wars figures down here.
 swphreak
02-20-2005, 9:38 PM
I ordered the preview and Clone Wars cartoon General [:rolleyes:] figures. I'm kinda disappointed that the General only comes with one saber... he should have come with at least 2, but 3 would have been coolest.

I'm sorry, but I think spoilertagging General Grievous is just silly. Especially in another forum where there were game spoilers that were ignored :rolleyes:
 El Sitherino
02-21-2005, 1:59 AM
Well I think if they gave him more it might take away some of the shock and awe I suppose. Not everyone knows he can weild multiple sabers.

Hmmm I figured naming it ROTS SNEAK PREVIEW figures would give the knowledge that spoilers are inside. :(
Sorry coupes.
 ZBomber
02-21-2005, 4:07 AM
Does anyone seriously not know the main baddy of ep3? :p
 El Sitherino
02-21-2005, 4:17 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Does anyone seriously not know the main baddy of ep3? :p You mean other than Palpy/Sidious and Vader right?

GG was in Clone Wars after all, and most people (people that actually like star wars and plan on seeing ROTS) here have seen that.

Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting my Wookiee Warrior. Can't wait for it to arrive. Anyone here get the R4 droid? I saw it Toys r Us, and though she looked rather cool, think I'll get her at a later date.
 Katarn07
02-21-2005, 6:53 AM
I picked up all 4 at TRU. They had a million of all of them. I hate TRU so much....

The Wookie is my favorite but I disagree with you Z. The gun's hidious. Why not design a Bowcaster or something? In the EU, Wookies use Bowcasters. I'm sorry, I know it's EU, but if GL wants to stray so far away from the EU with the PT, he should have never approved half of the stuff to begin with.
 El Sitherino
02-21-2005, 7:03 AM
You do know he doesn't approve it all himself don't you? Mostly he has a group of people that push it. And who's to say they don't use bowcasters in the movie? Perhaps they make guns other than bowcasters as well.
 dark jedi 8
02-22-2005, 4:42 PM
the only unleashed i have is mace and yoda, 2 of the best IMO. I just got all the preview figs except for Grievous at TRU yesterday. i woulda got doubles but they had max payne 2 on the xbox for only 8.98, so i couldn't pass that up.:D
 ZBomber
02-23-2005, 2:26 AM
After seeing the gun again, I decided I didn't really liek it. For some reason, I remembered it as something liek the Genosian Sonic Blaster.

Still no figures (or money -_-)
 swphreak
02-23-2005, 4:57 AM
I bought some more figs... Clone Wars ARC trooper, OT Boba Fett and Bossk, and Darth Sidious Unleashed.

They're all going to be put on my wall!
 ZBomber
02-24-2005, 3:45 PM
Nice, I have yet to see the Clone Wars ARC Trooper in stores.

Assuming your talking about the cartoonish one, of course.
 Katarn07
02-25-2005, 4:41 AM
I got all the cartoon ones along with a blue clone. Only colored one I saw. I left him in the package.
 El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 5:25 AM
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 5:28 AM
Boba? Sarlacc Boba or Vintage Boba?
 El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 5:30 AM
OTC Boba. He's so awesome. I have him in his RoTJ relaxed pose. You know, after Jabba talks about Leia (dressed as boush) being his type of scum. :D
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 5:34 AM
Yeh, thats the vintage one then. :) That's a cool figure, I actually just watched ROTJ again a few days ago, I love the skiff/sarlacc scene. :)
 Zappa_0
03-01-2005, 1:28 PM
Sith you need to get grevious a few more lightsabers :D
 El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 1:54 PM
Heh. Yeah, he only came with one, and yesterday the peg on the blade broke :\. Anyway I can't wait for the official RoTS line, it's going to be awesome. @_@
 Zappa_0
03-01-2005, 2:25 PM
Hehehe I hate those sabers! Thats why I dug into my other star wars stuff and got me out a few better sabers :D
 ZBomber
03-01-2005, 2:33 PM
Oi, I thought I read they were going to get rid of the peg sabers?
 El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 3:00 PM
I don't mind the peg sabers, I just wish they'd make sturdier pegs.
 Zappa_0
03-01-2005, 7:54 PM
Thats one of the most dumbest things hasbro has done to make those sabers. :(
 Boba Rhett
03-01-2005, 7:59 PM
I hate the new sabers. :(

*runs away to hug his potf2 figs*
 ZBomber
03-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I hate the new sabers. :(

*runs away to hug his potf2 figs*

You mean the giant, thick dildos lightsabers? :D

The POTF2 ones were too big, the best were Phantom Menace
 El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 12:24 PM
You mean the giant, thick dildos lightsabers? :D

Ha, they were huge. But man, they were fun to play with.

The POTF2 ones were too big, the best were Phantom Menace
Yeah, the Phantom Menace ones were good, they should bring those back if they ditch the peg system.
 Katarn07
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't mind the pegs either. None of mine have broke.... yet. They should make them sturdier and lose that blasted 'glow' effect at the base of the blade.

You do know they corrected the size of the PotF2 sabers, don't you Z? Only farmboy Luke, Vader, Obi, Luke Dagobah, and Luke 'X-Wing' (actually it's snowspeeder but whatever) were shipped with long sabers and those were corrected.
 ZBomber
03-04-2005, 1:19 PM
I mean that a lot of the POTF2 sabers were rather thick, while the TPM ones were nice and slim.
 Zappa_0
03-06-2005, 6:51 PM
They actually started the peg saber in the Ep I line with that Maul figure. I thought potf2 sabers was great and alot of the ep I sabers. But now its kinda a mix of sabers. :mad:
 Katarn07
03-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Hrm, never noticed the TPM ones were slimmer. Then again, I've never played with them as I did with the PotF2 line. Most of my TPM guys are in the package anyways and they're in the basement. All of the PotF2 guys and PotJ guys are in my room, the TPM and Saga are in the basement.

Yeah, there's a whole mix of stuff. They should at the very least make it consistent.
 dark jedi 8
03-07-2005, 12:40 PM
nice thing about the Ep.1 sabers is the level of detail that was not their in the POTF line such as the hilts sporting individual paint jobs instead of one universal color. at least on the main character anyway. the sweetest looking saber i think is the one that came w/ the recent ROTJ luke skywalker. jabba's court or something? that one was really detailed and it was all one piece.

I just got the GG fig and i love it aside from the lightsaber. tremendous amount of detail and articulation for a preview figure. the seperatist emblem is awesome!:D
 Katarn07
03-07-2005, 2:00 PM
The guns also got individual component paint jobs. One thing that irked me as a kid is Han's DL-44 didn't have the silver tip at the end. The Millenium Minted Han Bespin came with a repaint of it and I remember stealing it from a friend :o I gave it back.... eventually. :p
 El Sitherino
03-07-2005, 3:02 PM
Me being the perfectionist ******* that I am, I painted mine when I saw missing details. It was a lot of fun though, made you feel like they were your own creations, spending all that time making them perfectly detailed.
 Katarn07
03-07-2005, 3:19 PM
I convinced my friend to cut up a saber so that we could have just a hilt to play with. TPM guys finally came with just a hilt for us but too bad we didn't play with them anymore. The peg thing is a nice idea, but I think they should still pack a hilt and an activated saber. Allows you the option of how to display your toy along with solid stuff that doesn't breat.

I never messed with my figures because I've always been a collector. I didn't think of them as toys and did my best to take care of them. Sure, I have a few slightly yellow PotF2 stormies and there's wear on the hands from shoving all sorts of weapons in them, but other than that my figures are all mint. Now that I know they're worth next to nothing, I may have done some of that stuff too.
 El Sitherino
03-07-2005, 3:28 PM
I'm a collector but I'm not one of those "this costs this much blah blah blah" kind. I'm more of "oooh, neat-o. I bet he poses well" kind. I just like to have decorations around the place. Having figures in certain poses, things like that.
 ZBomber
03-08-2005, 6:51 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I convinced my friend to cut up a saber so that we could have just a hilt to play with. TPM guys finally came with just a hilt for us but too bad we didn't play with them anymore. The peg thing is a nice idea, but I think they should still pack a hilt and an activated saber. Allows you the option of how to display your toy along with solid stuff that doesn't breat.

I never messed with my figures because I've always been a collector. I didn't think of them as toys and did my best to take care of them. Sure, I have a few slightly yellow PotF2 stormies and there's wear on the hands from shoving all sorts of weapons in them, but other than that my figures are all mint. Now that I know they're worth next to nothing, I may have done some of that stuff too.

Me and Taters always messed around with our ****. This was so much more fun when we actually played with them, and ddin't care about collecting them. We used to cut the guns and bring the guys/ships into my pool. I'll tell you, those were the best damn times of my life.
 Zappa_0
03-11-2005, 8:50 AM
Heres a few pics of my Star Wars Episode III Collection so far.

http://www.freefilestash.com/userfiles/Zappa0/ep3%20figs3.jpg)

http://www.freefilestash.com/userfiles/Zappa0/obianijsfep3.jpg)

Ive also got a Grevious Wheel Bike coming in, should be here today or tomorrow. I got my Obiwan Ep3 Star Fighter yesterday on trailer day!
Page: 1 of 1