Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Single Handed Double-bladed crystals/sabers

Page: 1 of 1
 Xcom
02-20-2005, 6:30 PM
Someone beat me to it, technically, but here it is, anyway:

SH Crystals Pack v.1.0. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10530/)

DESCRIPTION

This is a collection of unique color crystals. When used in a normal (single-bladed) lightsaber, they will transform it into a double blade that can be wielded in one hand.
Such lightsaber staff will give you bonus Master Flurry feat, but also Attack Penalty -2.

Additional Info:

second blade won't give extra attack per round.
all sabers are fully upgradable
unlike similar mod(s) this mod won't affect normal double-bladed sabers; it also doesn't suffer from equipping issues.
crystals will have no effect on short sabers and regular double-bladed sabers, other than changing their blade color.
features additional blade color: Teal (mix between Cyan and Viridian)
features bonus short lightsaber

These items can be either obtained through cheats (more info in the readme.txt) or..

can be purchased from salvager woman Daraala in Jedi Enclave Courtyard on Dantooine. This will, however, only work if you haven't previously been in that area.
 Arteale
02-20-2005, 7:26 PM
Wow, that sounds like a good mod, looking forward to it!

That jedi will either be insanely powerful or minced meat though :p
 Mav
02-20-2005, 8:19 PM
I think that you'll find that it is easier than you think, I'm using the same process in my mod using regular sabers as short sabers. The thing you might want to watch out for though with your mod would be that the PC doesn't end up chopping up himself lol, it shouldn't I don't think it will happen though, and as far as making the upcrystals.2da file compatible with other mods is really very easy, and if I release my mod after yours I'll be sure to make it compatible ;)
 Xcom
02-20-2005, 8:46 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
I think that you'll find that it is easier than you think, I'm using the same process in my mod using regular sabers as short sabers. The thing you might want to watch out for though with your mod would be that the PC doesn't end up chopping up himself lol, it shouldn't I don't think it will happen though, and as far as making the upcrystals.2da file compatible with other mods is really very easy, and if I release my mod after yours I'll be sure to make it compatible ;)

True, perhaps complicated was wrong choice of words. I meant "time consuming". :D

Also, FYI, l am using 30-40 ModelVariation range for normal lightsabers (w_lghtsbr_###)
 Mav
02-20-2005, 8:53 PM
Originally posted by Xcom
Also, FYI, l am using 30-40 ModelVariation range for normal lightsabers (w_lghtsbr_###)

That's cool, I'm using 58-64 so we'll have no problems there, and good luck ;), oh and you probably know already but for others who may be curious this doesn't mean you'll get 4 attacks per round, but still just two as if it were just two regular sabers.
 Keneth
02-21-2005, 5:53 AM
and how is that supposed to work if you have two such sabers? or are you just gonna make it appear like two bladed ones and let the other end clipping around?
 Xcom
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Keneth
or are you just gonna make it appear like two bladed ones and let the other end clipping around?

That's pretty much it. I am thinking of having it grant master flurry feat to the player for extra hit.
 Xcom
02-21-2005, 10:47 PM
released!
(if a friendly moderator could change the title of this thread to TSL Mod: SH Crystals Pack, I'll be most grateful)
 Mav
02-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I'll be sure to make my mod compatible with yours ;) good job(upcrystals.2da wise)
 Xcom
02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I'll be sure to make my mod compatible with yours ;) good job(upcrystals.2da wise)

Thanks
 Mav
02-22-2005, 10:12 PM
yup, no problem it's already been done :D
Page: 1 of 1