Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dismemberment...without instant kills =.=

Page: 1 of 1
 Nihonjin
02-20-2005, 2:58 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to get full body dismemberment, without having your saber instantly kill everything you slice at....

In other words, I want my saber to do normal damage...but still slice you up in itty bitty pieces when you get killed :O

Is this possible in single player mode?

Thnx in advance

.::][ - Nihonjin - ][::.
 Tinny
02-20-2005, 3:41 PM
Nope, that'd be really hard to do :/, especially for coding sp.
 RpTheHotrod
02-20-2005, 5:46 PM
cg_dismember command is not a damage command. It's just for looks...so just turn it up high.

It only cuts off body parts when the other person dies....pure cosmetic.
 Kurgan
02-20-2005, 5:56 PM
Rp's right. OJP Mod even seperates the options for you right in the menu, very handy.

You can have heavy damage, dismemberment, both or neither.
 Nihonjin
02-22-2005, 9:54 AM
cg_dismember, does that work in single player?
if so, whats the highest possible value I can change it to?
 Kurgan
02-24-2005, 3:28 PM
IIRC, if you set it above 3 you'll notice no difference.

So you could set it to 9999999 but it would be the same as 3.

Cg_dismember is for Multiplayer, what YOU see on your end. If a server has g_dismember set (1 meaning it's on), then you have to have cg_dismember to see it, and the number is the LEVEL of dismemberment you will see.

So it shouldn't do anything in MP. Use g_sabermorerealistic ('cheat protected', see the sticky on how to use it properly, covers super damage, full dismemberment, both, or neither) and g_dismemberment (iirc, turns dismemberment on or off, basic stuff only) instead.
Page: 1 of 1