Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

hideous graphical errors on Dantooine!

Page: 1 of 1
 Akimb0
02-20-2005, 6:36 AM
Graphics low, graphics high, still the same, I teleport around, i freeze and its starting to bug me. I wanted to give ths game a chance but its just getting worse and worse, not impressed.
 Palpatine_dc
02-20-2005, 11:40 AM
What kind of pc do you have?-cpu, ram, video card

It might be something else but I think it's because of the video card. I have the same problems with my ATI-radeon9800 pro while I didn't have them on my Nvidia GeForce 4 card
What helps for me is changing the graphics options, like FSAA or another advanced option.
You don't even have to set them all the way down. Changing from 8x FSAA to 16x FSAA helped me as well.
Hope that hekps
 stingerhs
02-20-2005, 7:25 PM
actually, there is a solution you could try that Darth333 suggested in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144109) thread.

Originally posted by Darth333:
It seems that the following fixes a framerate issue on Dantooine (Ati cards):

In swkotor2.ini, go in the "Graphics Options" section and add the line:
"Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1".

oh, and this should have been posted in the Workbench (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=554) forum. ;)
 asammw
02-21-2005, 1:03 AM
i have an nvidia fx 6800 and i have no problems at all graphically, whether on low settings, or with the graphics maxed out. If u do have an ati card then this is probably why.
 Prime
02-21-2005, 6:00 AM
The KOTOR series seems to be much better (more stable, etc.) on NVidia than ATI cards...
 stingerhs
02-21-2005, 7:31 AM
^^^^
agreed. i just really hate this whole "if you play this game, then you have to run it on this video card" deal. like kotor series=nVidia or half-life 2=ATI and so on and so forth. why can't they just make things easy for the consumers?? we're the ones that have to buy their products in the first place....
 Lorden Darkblade
02-21-2005, 7:50 AM
I had a small problem like that on Dantooine too.
I have a Radeon 9600XT.
If I use that command Darth333 posted will it fix some of the lags I have on this game?
My PC is: Athlon XP 1.6
512DDR of RAM
Well I think that is all it may influence on the lag of the game.
Should I try that command Darth333 posted or is there anything else I can try?
 stingerhs
02-21-2005, 9:23 PM
go ahead and give it a shot. it doesn't hurt anything as far as i can tell. :)
 Darth_ToMeR
02-22-2005, 4:52 AM
What I am doing is to press ESC on that area, the Graphic Options. Now change the Anistropic (AF) to something then change back, and return to the game. It should be fine until you press ESC again.
 epithet
02-26-2005, 5:19 PM
For what it's worth, Darth333's solution worked for me. Before, Dantooine was unplayable around Koonda unless I had the camera facing due South in most parts, due East in others... what a pain. After implementing the fix proposed by Darth333, the problem has completely gone away.

FYI, I have an ATI 9600xt graphics card
 Drazin
02-26-2005, 5:56 PM
After seeing all the posts about graphics problems and game crashes, I was worried when I bought TSL for PC. I have a 1.8g Athlon and 64mb Geforce3 Ti graphics card, 512DDR Ram on Win2k Pro.
Basically I barely meet most of the recommended stats for the game, but thus far I have not had any crashes, no graphics issues and the game hasn't bogged down yet, even in some intense fighting situations.
I'm not sure why, with everyone having so many problems with TSL that I am so lucky. I hope this doesnt sound like gloating or anything selfish like that, its just so strange that I am not having the problems everyone else is having. I hope I do not have the problems later on towards the end of the game either.

In short, I just want to say goodluck to you all and I hope through Patches and Support from other members of this community, your problems will go away and you can enjoy the game thoroughly.
 WLHopkins
02-28-2005, 7:50 AM
Thank you all for posting this problem and especially the suggestions. I had no where else to turn!

I was experiencing the same problem on the Koonda plains on Dantooine, as well as in the Sith Academy on Korriban, but only those 2 places. And, as fate would have it, I have an ATI 9600 card.

Obviously this is an ATI issue only! But no matter what changes I made in the graphics options, it would stay the same. I cannot wait to try Darth 333's fix, as I almost didn't want to play the game anymore, and that is a sad thing! Thank you again Darth 333!
Page: 1 of 1