Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 2 video resolution

Page: 1 of 1
 Lazy
02-19-2005, 6:45 PM
I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.....

Is there any way to set a custom resolution above 1600x1200?

I have a 23" widescreen lcd and its native resolution is 1920x1200. I am looking for a way to get KOTOR 2 to output at this resolution.

I have tried editing the .ini files that have the resolution in them but when i do it just defaults back to 800x600.

any help would be great. thanks.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-20-2005, 6:55 AM
Originally posted by Lazy
I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.....

Is there any way to set a custom resolution above 1600x1200?

I have a 23" widescreen lcd and its native resolution is 1920x1200. I am looking for a way to get KOTOR 2 to output at this resolution.

I have tried editing the .ini files that have the resolution in them but when i do it just defaults back to 800x600.

any help would be great. thanks.
Sounds like my Monitors, it isn't an Apple Cinema Display is it?

Unfortunately, I believe the game itself will only support 'standard' resolutions, any tweaking results in a stretched look even though the actual video 'filler' is there.
For now, we must live with the black bars :rolleyes: I'll check around to see if I can dig up something, but as of late I've had no luck :(
 websee
02-20-2005, 12:12 PM
well, same problem here, but i have a 1920x1200 display, and this is really bad cuz i eigther have to play in 1280x1024 real pixel mode which generates a kinda small playable area on a big display or strectch the whole thing what resulty in loss of quality.
 Lazy
02-20-2005, 1:20 PM
nope not apple..

i have a HP L2335

i can run it in 1600x1200 and set the monitor to strech the picture but it looks like all the people are super fat...

anyway i hope you can find something... i put the question in here because i figured you might have to end up editing some .dll or something like that to get it to work....

dirty pc game makers put in multiple resolutions.. and most importantly do widescreen... and do it correctly!!!!
Page: 1 of 1