Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't wait to see a demo

Page: 1 of 1
 silverblue
02-18-2005, 7:44 PM
Oh, there's only 2 more months to wait, but already can't wait to have a PC demo,when will that come out please?:D
 Thrik
02-18-2005, 11:40 PM
There's been no announcement of a demo yet. I'd be fairly confident in saying that there will be one though, as it's standard practice these days.

Needless to say, I'll have it posted on razputin.net as soon as it's available.
 bgbennyboy
02-19-2005, 2:11 AM
It'd be great if PS could buck the current trend of releasing a demo months after the game is out.

The most extreme example of this madness is Republic: The Revolution. Elixir released a demo a few weeks ago. About a year after the game came out.
 Thrik
02-19-2005, 2:34 AM
Hee! Jesus, that's bad. You're right though, loads of companies seem to be doing it. I'd imagine it's because a demo can potentially bludgeon a game's success though, since if people try it and dislike it, they won't bother getting the full game.

A common strategy seems to be allowing most people to go and buy it, and once everyone who's going to get it without trying it first has done so, they'll release the demo. Sneaky, but it works.
 MrManager
02-19-2005, 6:16 AM
I'd imagine they'd at least try to get an Xbox demo on one of those "official magazines" before release. Apparently that's as effective as getting a good review.
 Thrik
02-19-2005, 6:32 AM
Make sure you let them know, just in case they haven't actually grasped that yet. ;
 elTee
02-19-2005, 6:35 AM
Demo's really can sell a game - I was decidedly uninterested in Metal Gear Solid until, bored one evening, I slipped the massive demo that came in the OPM magazine into my Playstation... an hour or so (and multiple-replays) I preordered one of the greatest games I've ever played.
 Prosky
02-19-2005, 8:16 AM
The Xbox demo should be done soon. The game is amazing, just amazing. I'm so happy majesco got this game so that I could be lucky enough to test this game for the many months it's been. It's almost over, and I'm still looking forward to release so I can stop looking for bugs, and truly enjoy this game. The hours of gameplay are insane!!! I've been on it for months, and I'm still finding something new every time I turn it on. This is a must have!
 Udvarnoky
02-19-2005, 8:27 AM
Any hope for a PC demo?
 Thrik
02-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Oho, a testimonial. Or perhaps a testermonial. Tester testimonial?

Anyway, excellent! An early (or simultaneous) Xbox demo release will definitely help the game out a lot, especially considering how the Xbox is pretty much dominating the console market at the moment. A PC version would also of course be helpful, but focusing on the console market is definitely wise.

Hours and hours of gameplay, you say? The sheer level of depth to the game shown so far is extremely impressive, and is definitely something that'll be a nice recall to my adventure gaming days where I would sit clicking and studying every last pixel on the screen for anything new. I'm a sucker for detail, and Psychonauts looks like it won't disappoint. Bullet reels and dogtags for plants? Simply awesome.

I was speaking with Jake the other day about just how brilliant the art direction is. Psychonauts just goes above and beyond what any other game has on the artistic wavelength. I mean, you can look at a small screen capture of the sky on any level, and almost immediately recognise it. In any other game, the sky would just be a generic colour/clouds/sun job. Looking at the header of this forum -- anybody who's played or looked at plenty of Psychonauts images would instantly recognise it as within Sasha's brain. Everything is just so distinctive.

I love Tim Schafer, and I love Double Fine. This has been my most anticipated game since Grim Fandango. Roll on April!
 JBRAA
02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Thrik
I love Tim Schafer, and I love Double Fine. This has been my most anticipated game since Grim Fandango. Roll on April!

Does he love you back?
 Thrik
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
I hope so. ;
 Gabez
02-20-2005, 8:23 AM
If memory serves wasn't Tim playing a demo version on that Gamespot show? I remember the host saying something about playing a demo, and it makes sense that they wouldn't have access to the full game yet.
 Thrik
02-20-2005, 10:19 AM
It looked like it was a purpose-built demo. I noticed that there was no introduction menu or anything, it just showed a map of the Xbox controller and then went straight into the game, just as you'd expect a demo to do.
 Prosky
02-20-2005, 6:57 PM
no, that's the demo you'll be getting. they just bypassed the intro screen. it should be soon. i'll keep you all posted!
 JofaGuht
02-21-2005, 7:56 PM
I'm skipping the demo. Much like I'm skipping those cutscenes you can download. I figure the least I know about the game the more of a false image I'll create out of it and be blasted away once I pop it into my 'box. I've already probably failed at doing that since I've been reading about it nonstop for two and a half years. It will be so surreal to actually hold the game in my hands.

It is much like acheiving omniscience except instead of knowledge it is going to be coolness and bubbly fun.
Page: 1 of 1