Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Permanently Ignited Saber (ooh, naughty)

Page: 1 of 1
 Glycerine Queen
02-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Ok, I know this problem is relatively cosmetic compared to all the driver issues, crashes, etc. that people are having, but this little bug is driving me absolutely mad:

The Permanently Ignited Saber Glitch.

My poor Jedi is running around barely able to keep it in his pants, poor dear (very Freudian, I know). Every time a new area loads, or even a cutscene, the saber is ignited, and will only cycle to the "de-ignite" animation if you hit the "flourish" key or unequip/re-equip. Anyone else annoyed by this? It's hard for the Exile to keep a low profile when he just can't keep his saber from popping up every two minutes like a teenage boy.

Anyone have any suggestions/fixes? I hope this tiny detail does get covered in a patch, along with all the more game-threatening issues.
 Drazin
02-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Are you using a Cyan colored crystal by chance?
 Glycerine Queen
02-18-2005, 12:39 PM
I am. Is that the problem? If it is, that's too bad, since it's by far the sexiest saber color in the game. Is it meant to be permanently ignited, or is it just a bug with the cyan crystal?
 Drazin
02-18-2005, 1:22 PM
From vast personal experience, I believe there is a Bug with the Cyan Saber crystal that makes the saber stay ignited in most cases instead of shutting down.

It is the only crystal that I have noticed this happen with.
Just have to deal with it I guess.

And welcome to the Forums :)
Don't feed the Moderators.
 Darth333
02-18-2005, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Drazin
Don't feed the Moderators.
:snear: :snear: :snear:

...and Welcome to the Forums Glycerine Queen! :D
 Break Ya Neck
02-20-2005, 7:15 AM
I've got the same problem when using the Cyan colored crystal,
To bad cuz i like the color to. I hope theill fix it in a future patch.
 Kiwegapa
02-22-2005, 4:16 PM
It happened to me with a green saber, so it isn't just cyan. I have submitted a bug report, though.
Page: 1 of 1