Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Found out why JA+ "features" are so crappy

Page: 2 of 2
 keshire
02-23-2005, 10:08 PM
he dos have the most commands in his mod

QUALITY

NOT

QUANTITY
 Nokill
02-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by keshire
QUALITY

NOT

QUANTITY

you can set the commands off if you don't like
 shukrallah
02-24-2005, 12:18 PM
NoKill, by your logic I suggest we just delete the mod. He does have a lot of stuff, but its all low quality. Your post implys that we turn that stuff off, and so we might as well not use the mod.

You missed the point entirley. His mod Sucks. Plain and simple. This isn't a flame, its a fact.
 RpTheHotrod
02-24-2005, 6:39 PM
Problem:

Yes, admins can turn it off...but guess what...

When you give someone the option of easy and hard, 95% of people will take easy.

That is why most servers are infested with the ja+ mod...it's "easy mode". High damage, spamalicious sweeps, easy get away with grapple, easy lames, easy spam fights with grip/kick, etc...
 El Sitherino
02-25-2005, 1:07 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
you can set the commands off if you don't like Ignoring a problem isn't a wise thing. :p
 Rad Blackrose
02-26-2005, 6:10 AM
So when do I get to post, "I told you so?"
 RpTheHotrod
02-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Because then we can't play 90% of JKA. Most servers use it because it makes it easy for anyone to kill anyone. They are given a choice between easy and hard...and naturally, most take easy.
 Mex
02-27-2005, 4:53 AM
well if evryone starts going to baseja servers and not to ja+ anymore then it will go away in time
and more servers will use standart ja

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but is there a specific reason you have around +2 spelling mistakes and no grammar in your posts? Its just kind of boggling..

On topic : Yeah, JA+ sucks.
 LightNinja
02-27-2005, 6:07 AM
good old times are gone
Not for me, affortunately i still play with all my friends in jk2, but i'd like to have the same fun that i had at jk2 with JA but i guess that won't ever happen
 El Sitherino
02-27-2005, 7:45 AM
well if evryone starts going to baseja servers and not to ja+ anymore then it will go away in time
and more servers will use standart ja Except we started with regular, standard JA. Then these crappy admin mods came out for JA and people were like "yes, finally I can abuse people again!"
 RpTheHotrod
02-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Except we started with regular, standard JA. Then these crappy admin mods came out for JA and people were like "yes, finally I can abuse people again!"

Exactly...and on top of that, ja+ makes it easy to win fights and easy to win....so why WOULDNT 95% of the jka community use it?

If you give 2 options...most will naturally take the easiest.
 Kurgan
02-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja
Not for me, affortunately i still play with all my friends in jk2, but i'd like to have the same fun that i had at jk2 with JA but i guess that won't ever happen

I don't see the big difference here. JK2 is also ruled by abusive admin mods and honorz dueling. In fact, moreso than JA (if ASE stats are any indication)!

But I guess if you don't have friends who play JA (the right way, ie: non-honorz/abuse) then I can see why you will stay there. ; p

Slap is an utterly abusive and useless "feature." Since you insist that the admin needs a way to "Get somebody's attention" without kicking them, I can think of a few simple options:

Warn (have big text appear in the center of their screen with the warning).

Freeze (this is abusable, so make it so that while frozen they can't hurt anyone and nobody can hurt them, they take zero damage).

However Freeze is probably a bad idea, because you could do it in mid air to make a person fall to their death. Also he could freeze somebody, set a bunch of mines under them, and then unfreeze so they die.

The fact is, any "powers" like this that affect players, an admin or subadmin can bind to keys and use them to screw with people and get easy kills. It's stupid.

To avoid abuse, Sleep, Slap, Slay, Freeze, Empower, etc. should NOT BE INCLUDED, period. If you put them in a mod, people will use (read: abuse) them.

Remove those commands from JA+ and you're left with a very unbalanced, n00b friendly dueling mod. But hey, it would be a good start...
 Darth Smaug
02-28-2005, 6:04 AM
How come the sabers won't work in multiplayer??? when i use a saber of JA+ it's just a ordanary saber.......???
 Nokill
02-28-2005, 6:49 AM
becouse you need the plugin for the mod and you have to be on a server that runs the latest version of the mod ;)
 Darth Smaug
02-28-2005, 6:54 AM
I have the plugin but do i need to install it???
 TK-8252
02-28-2005, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
I have the plugin but do i need to install it???

No. You need to install OJP mod.
 Darth Smaug
02-28-2005, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
No. You need to install OJP mod.

What is OJP??
 TK-8252
02-28-2005, 9:15 AM
A server mod that adds great new features and fixes, and IS NOT abusive and unbalancing (screwing with gameplay) like JA+.

http://ojp.jediknight.net)

If you just want the core basejka gameplay with various fixes and some admin features, OJP is your best bet.
 Darth Smaug
02-28-2005, 10:05 AM
thanks, but it look just like JA+...
 TK-8252
02-28-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks, but it look just like JA+...

Then you must be blind.
 El Sitherino
02-28-2005, 11:06 AM
thanks, but it look just like JA+... o_O... Whatever psychedelic drugs you're on, I want them.
 Prime
02-28-2005, 11:16 AM
OJP would definitely be a superior choice, Smaug...
 El Sitherino
02-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Three cheers for attachable sabers, RGB blades, and no useless commands in sight!
\o/
 Darth Smaug
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Then i'll go for OJP :D Psssssssssssssst ..........i can get you the drugs...:D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
02-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Darth Smaug, you don't have to limit yourself to only one mod. You can install as many as you want and use all of them, just not all at the same time. You can go to a JA+ server, then a Movie Battles II server, then a ForceMod III server, then a basejka server, all in the same hour.

Many servers use JA+ mod. You don't need to download or install anything to play on them, but there's no reason not to install the JA+ client of you are going to go to JA+ servers.

Many people really like Movie Battles II http://www.moviebattles.com) and ForceMod III http://www.pcgamemods.com/6404)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9136)
and don't play anything else.

All of them are free, it only costs you the time to download. Download and install all of them and try out all of them.
 Darth Smaug
03-02-2005, 2:14 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Darth Smaug, you don't have to limit yourself to only one mod. You can install as many as you want and use all of them, just not all at the same time. You can go to a JA+ server, then a Movie Battles II server, then a ForceMod III server, then a basejka server, all in the same hour.

Many servers use JA+ mod. You don't need to download or install anything to play on them, but there's no reason not to install the JA+ client of you are going to go to JA+ servers.

Many people really like Movie Battles II http://www.moviebattles.com) and ForceMod III http://www.pcgamemods.com/6404)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9136)
and don't play anything else.

All of them are free, it only costs you the time to download. Download and install all of them and try out all of them.

Oh...Ok :)
 keshire
03-02-2005, 2:26 AM
Be prepared though. Movie battles 2 is a very team based game. But one of the if not the most balanced.
 Nalukai
03-02-2005, 4:02 PM
I really like the concept with movie battles adding a block button for saber combat... still loking to try this out but I think it gives it a MK/ soul caliber feel from what ive read.
 [HR]Knight
03-03-2005, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
NoKill, by your logic I suggest we just delete the mod. He does have a lot of stuff, but its all low quality. Your post implys that we turn that stuff off, and so we might as well not use the mod.

You missed the point entirley. His mod Sucks. Plain and simple. This isn't a flame, its a fact.

rofl, that's the biggest and shortest Good point i've seen all day.
 keshire
03-03-2005, 7:53 PM
still loking to try this out but I think it gives it a MK/ soul caliber feel from what ive read.

And you'd be greatly mistaken. Plus that would only apply to jedi or sith. There are many classes.
 RpTheHotrod
03-04-2005, 9:19 AM
I was unhappy with MB because of how blocking worked. I could even sneak up behind someone and hit them in the back where no saber is even near and they'd still block it 100% as long as they were holding the block key down. It's like a bubble of protection when you hold it down until yo urun out of block points.

Was this changed to a better blocking system in a recent version? If so, I may give it another try.
 Jamps
03-04-2005, 11:24 AM
MB's blocking has improved (more realistic) but there are many people who like to use exploit bugs (like the bug that lets you pull away "melee") since the community has expanded.
Page: 2 of 2