Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's that sound?! Oh...

Page: 1 of 1
 ChAiNz.2da
02-16-2005, 6:17 AM
I can understand the need for advertisements on the site, and I click as often as I can hoping it's actually helping...but if there's any way you guys have the ability to "refuse" certain types of ads, or screen them...

Can we please get rid of the annoying ads that have audio? If I hear that damn frog or fly one more time I'm liable to go postal at the workplace ;) hehehe

Oh, yeah, there's another one now...some goofy "photography" ad that has this annoying "snapping" sound .....

Still my favorite forum on the net, so I'll gladly 'deal with it' if nothing can be done :lol: :nut:
 Boba Rhett
02-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I think we're trying to cut the amount of ads when we switch to vb3 shortly.

In the mean time, using firefox to just block them totally works very well. :)
 Drazin
02-16-2005, 2:42 PM
I hear ya Chainz.
That Fly drives me absolutely nuts.
And that Snapshot one makes me think somethings wrong and a bunch of windows are popping up in the background.

There was one today of something else, like someone yelling or something, cant recall now.
 Darth333
02-16-2005, 3:14 PM
In the meantime turn your speakers off :p

Still with the evil IE I am able to block that sound... :D and I don't even know what add you are talking about guys!
 tk102
02-16-2005, 6:34 PM
I do. I use Netscape. My sound is off consequently.

Thanks for the update Rhett. Looking forward to vb3. :)
 stingerhs
02-17-2005, 7:25 AM
^^^^
apparently, you guys aren't trying to listen to music while your posting. sorry, but when you get vivaldi interupted by some annoying fly on an ad, well, lets just say that i'd like to get violent.... :headbump:

oh, and the vivaldi is for my music class. it said something about 'apprieciation' or something in the class description.... :rolleyes:
 tk102
02-17-2005, 7:32 AM
That would make me mad too stingerhs. I suppose that if it is nearly driving you to violence, then you don't need a class to appreciate Vivaldi -- you already are.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-22-2005, 6:17 AM
Oh now this is rich... now there's a full freakin' advertisement for shelf storage! Voiceover and all and it lasts forever!.... ugghhh..

I HAD to disable plug-ins just so no Flash ads (anywhere) would appear, because not only did I get this "infommercial", but I got that damn "fly" ad as well...

Talk about chaos :rolleyes:

Anywho... to anyone else annoyed, just disable your plug-ins (or Flash) in order to get rid of the annoying ads once and for all.

The only downside is that Lucasforums won't get ad display/rotation credit with their affiliates....

sorry guys, but the sounds are just too much to handle. And turning off my speakers isn't an option unfortunately....

whatever happened to simple .gif banner ads... *sigh*
 tk102
02-22-2005, 9:50 AM
This thread has been cross-referenced to this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144830) in the official LF feedback forum.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-23-2005, 5:12 PM
Thanks tk!

I'll be sure to route my "rants" over there from here on out ;)

Sorry for the fuss ... hehe
Page: 1 of 1