Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

did kotor2 kill my hard drive(spoiler

Page: 1 of 1
 gisbon
02-15-2005, 2:38 AM
when i first installed kotor2 it was on an ibm 40gig drive, i played a bit and got to the main control room on the administration level of peragus. when i went to click on the computer there the game froze then i got a blue screen of death and my computer turned off. to make a long story short, my hard drive no longer spins, it is dead.

so i get out another drive and load a disk image, install kotor2, play a bit and again it freezes and my hard drive starts whinning pretty loud, so i ctrl-alt-delete and end program, my hard drive quiets down and no more problems. untill i play kotor2 again, after a seemingly random amount of time playing it always freezes and makes my hard drive go crazy, until i ctrl-alt-delete, end program.

if this is kotor2's fault then thats a pretty big bug.
 stingerhs
02-15-2005, 7:34 AM
i'd highly doubt that kotor would kill your hard drive. granted, this type of thing hasn't happened to me before, so i really wouldn't know. but that doesn't mean i can't at least try to help. ;)

anyways, my first suspicion is that your hard disk was already on its last leg, and kotor 2 was merely a catalyst (with all the loading it has). now, i'm not trying to jump to conclusions, but how old was your hard disk?

as for the way kotor is running on your second hard drive, i'd need more detail on your computer (processor, video card, operating system, etc) before i can jump to any conclusions. ;)
 Darth Smaug
02-15-2005, 11:43 AM
i don't think a simple game should kill the hardware...maybe Spyware..
Page: 1 of 1