Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Swoop Racing problems TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Bimmerman
02-14-2005, 6:09 PM
In TSL, whenever I try to swoop race, even if i finish a race the game acts as if I had crashed or forfeited. In a competition race on Nar Shadda, Onderon, and Telos, even if I win the race without crashing into anything, or even finish without hitting anything, the game acts as if I had hit something and will not acknowledge the win/finish and give me my deserved credits and fame. This is of great consternation to me, and I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem as me, and/or if anybody knows how do fix this problem.
 TheJkWhoSaysNi
02-16-2005, 7:02 AM
I have exactly the same problem.

It acts as if i crashed even if i finish the race.
 Sata
02-19-2005, 6:47 AM
I couldnt get part way through the race.

If I click the mouse button (to start the engine) as soon as the light is on green, the racer jumps high into the air and stays in the air permanently, thus I cant go over ramps or anything, and crash into low bridges.
 Bimmerman
02-19-2005, 8:17 PM
I reinstalled the game, and when I told the race master person on Telos/Nar Shadaa/Onderon I just wanted to race(not a practice run) it worked just fine. Hope this helps.
 Bimmerman
02-22-2005, 5:50 PM
hey-request to moderators/administrators-please lock this thread, it has served its purpose. Thanks
 Drossvirex
02-22-2005, 9:38 PM
Well, I reinstalled the game and I still have this problem. Please don't lock the thread.
 Grayson
02-23-2005, 1:46 AM
Have the same problem on Telos. Can't get my race result to count, ever. :(
 master geo
02-23-2005, 11:58 AM
im gettin really fed up with this game now. ive just reinstalled the game 5 times and i still cant swoop race without bein too high above the track. i cant hit the bombs or anddthin but i cant hit th boost pads so its impossible to win
 metalfenix
02-23-2005, 1:44 PM
First of all, Hi!! I'm new in the forums. :)

I had the same problem in the swoop race in Onderon, But I've solved it (well, at least this worked for me) . I had a save game prior to the race, and I noticed that this bug happened everytime I abandon a race via forfeit (pressing esc and then f). First of all, Don't abandon a race EVER and second, if you accidentally abandon, just reload a save game prior to the race.
 Drossvirex
02-23-2005, 7:01 PM
Well that's what I figured. I abandonded a practice race early in the game and now my whole game is messed up. I really hope a patch comes out soon.
 *Yoinked*
02-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Ain't solved yet for me....

I NEVER ever abandon a swoop race, I always beat the time, or reload.
But, I can not even do that, as I have the same too high above the track problem. I have uninstalled the game, deleting my saves, rebooted the comp, and installed, but it still happens. As soon as I get to Telos, I rush over to the swoop race place, and it STILL is too high.

Perhaps it computer problems? but then other people have had the same prob...

Please help, as it is really bugging me, as it is hurting my "racer's honour" as I hate finishing the game without "finishing" the game, or, more specifically, the swoops.

Help,
Yoink
 Grayson
02-26-2005, 2:13 PM
Started a new game, and got to Telos. Didn't crash or pause at all while doing a practice run, got a 45s time. The guy said that I hadn't beaten any of the track records... So I did a real race, got a 47s time (and then a 44s), and neither time did it say that I'd beaten the track record..

Swoop racing is just totally borked :(
 Chastan
02-26-2005, 7:07 PM
I think we're going to have to wait for a patch for this one. I've beaten the track record on telos but I can't get credit. If I ask him what the track records are he lets me race for free, though.

Anybody know how much money you make when you win?
 Darth333
02-26-2005, 7:29 PM
the dialogue is bugged. If you take a practice run or crash during a race, you're done. You have to ask the guy to set you up with a race only. Onderon pays about 8500 if I remember well.
 Aleggy
02-27-2005, 3:13 AM
I had the same problem i just assumed i was really crap at swoop racing so i didnt bother with it i still completed the game tho but i still intend to play some more i'll keep my ear to the ground about this so that when a patch does come out i can enjoy the joy of swoop racing

unless i really am crap at it lol
 Darth333
02-27-2005, 5:26 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
...unless i really am crap at it lol
In any event, patch or no patch I am really crap at it so I made an easy swoop racing mod which you can get here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/minigamestsl.php)

(unfortunately, it doesn't get rid of the bugs witht he dialogues...but if you do not try any practice run, you should be fine: I became the swoop champion everywhere :D )
 Aleggy
02-27-2005, 5:42 AM
Ty Darth333 i have already completed tsl lightside and i going to go forward and complete it darkside, then i am going to start on mods and i might just try that one :D
 erztez
08-24-2005, 5:10 PM
I just found a way to solve this problem, without patching or starting over.
You have to get a KOTOR save editor, I'm sure you can find some on the net, then, select your saved game, go to globals and find the boolean named FORFEIT_SWOOPRACE and change the value to 0.
This should make it possible to finish the races...
Page: 1 of 1