Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Freeze After Character Creation

Page: 1 of 1
 narteck
02-13-2005, 4:17 PM
After I create my character and click on the PLAY button I’m sent to the loading screen. At the loading screen the game Freeze’s. I check the task manager and it shows that KOTOR2 is not responding. I have looked through the forums and tried the things I’ve seen listed. I have tied using CATALYST 4.11, 4.12 and 5.1. I have also disabled the vertex in the kotor2.ini. I have disabled both AA and AF with no luck. Now I don’t know what else I can try to get the damn game to work. I have also turned off all background programs.

Anyone have an Idea? Please post.

System specs.
AMD XP 3200
1G RAM
Radeon 9700pro
DX 9.0c
Win XP home edition

I thought I would try one other thing before I gave up tonight. I have installed KOTOR2 on my older machine which is using a gforce3. Now the game actually runs aside from the obvious slow performance issues. So know I don’t know what’s wrong with the graphics setting on my good system.
 stingerhs
02-13-2005, 6:53 PM
hmm, i have virtually identical computer specs with yours, and tsl runs like its supposed to. i did, however, notice that you haven't tried the catalyst 5.2 drivers yet. there's a link in the sticky thread at the top for the 5.2 drivers (they're the latest drivers). give it a try and tell us if it works or not. :)
 narteck
02-14-2005, 1:57 PM
Very strange I'm still getting the same problem with the 5.2 driver. I really don't know what else is left to do or try.
 stingerhs
02-14-2005, 5:12 PM
well, for now, keep the 5.2 drivers. and, out of curiousity, what resolution and refresh rate are you trying to run tsl at??
Page: 1 of 1