Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ati

Page: 1 of 1
 Feagildin
02-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Ok, my video card isn't currently good enough to run the game, so i have a question. Is anyone here running an ATI Radeon 9200? I wanna know if the game actually runs well on that, since its the cheapest upgrade available to me right now. Any help or comments appreciated. THX!;)
 Darth Smaug
02-13-2005, 11:42 AM
What sort of video card do you have??

Welcome to the Forums Feagildin
 Darth Deseria
02-13-2005, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Feagildin
Ok, my video card isn't currently good enough to run the game, so i have a question. Is anyone here running an ATI Radeon 9200? I wanna know if the game actually runs well on that, since its the cheapest upgrade available to me right now. Any help or comments appreciated. THX!;)

I am running a 9200 and it runs pretty smoothly however I have a freeze lock up issue that prevents me from playing past the fuel depot elevator with T3. That is probably because I haven't updated my drivers? However on kotor 1 I had no problems with that card and it ran smoothly as well.
 stingerhs
02-13-2005, 6:57 PM
well, if your inclined to have less problems with running TSL, i'd recommend that you go with a nvidia geforce fx5200. its about the same price and performance, and you won't run into a lot of driver issues with it like you will with a radeon (of any kind).

however, if your set on getting a radeon, the 9200 will work just fine, except for the driver issues. :)
 Feagildin
02-14-2005, 9:34 AM
I'm currently running a 9100. :/

Would I have any problems switching from an ATI card to an NVidia card?
 stingerhs
02-14-2005, 5:16 PM
switching video cards shouldn't do anything serious to your system, unless you don't install the card correctly, or you forget to uninstall the ATI drivers before you physically install the nvidia card. otherwise, you shouldn't have a problem switching between companies.
 Feagildin
02-14-2005, 6:01 PM
Ok, cool. THX for the help! ;)
Page: 1 of 1